Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 BC Provincials Masters

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to laugh when the Columbus coach was yelling at the Sapperton players because they wouldn't help the "hurt" Columbus guy off the pitch.
Guess his own teammates were too busy to help. :rolleyes:

WAB's was a cracker. Not sure if keeper just that it was going wide, or it was just to fast to pick up.

Expected a bigger crowd out to watch on a great night of soccer.

1 down, 7 to go.

Good luck to the rest.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it seems that one of WAB's predictions came true: specifically, the bad ref one. Too bad overall that Sapperton are out because they are arguably at least a top four team in this tournament, and ran into another top four team in the first round. Good for Columbus though to get a win after being idle for so long.

Sir M

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
absolutely shocking event. we've heard of referee's that get put into this so called 'program' to excelerate into national referee(ALAN) status, but this is now bullshit. you couldn't have more of a RETARD standing in the middle of the park. this 'new' elite referee is worse than any other you can imagine.

red card = MIKE FAVARO for an apparent elbow

THIS GUY DOESN'T EVEN OWN AN ELBOW.

i can not say that COLUMBUS is a better team.

the referee took center stage in a PROVINCIAL CUP GAME. sapp were down, tied the game and proceeded to start playing a better game. DICKHEAD turns and gives MIKE FAVS a straight RED. after that the game turned into shite. thanks MR. I'M-GOING-TO-BE-A-NATIONAL-REF.

F'in joke.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I should say I was impressed to see alot of the FVSL Masters out to watch this game, cause the VMSL Masters where no where to be seen. Word on the street is that the Canucks don't play till tomo night, yet IMO this was game of the week for Master Provincials. Columbus dominated the first 20 min and were unlucky to be up a goal or two, finally Snake Eyes put the veteran Dom in who used his shifty moves to slot the Itals up 1-0 at half time. Second half was decent to start till the HOSE became unfastened as M Favs got a red for trying to disconnect the Hose to the tap. Soon after the crafty A Meers took a yellow from Sap to try and recitfy what M FAVS didn't do on Hose, instead it backfired in a yellow and a sub from Bohica! Columbus ended up scoring 2 more with the extra man, than WAB scored a cracker to pulll SAP withen one. End of the day the deserving team won, I'm just a little sad that having not even played yet that Roma has been predicted to lose but at least 5. The worst part is, that is coming from Columbus who knocked off VT's last year. Oh well at least we can't get relegated like Cliff or MFFM!!

p.s. WAB with the goal of the game, even though it was too late!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to add that a good point was brought up to me! As I was doing my dance moves at Woody's, a highly regarded VMSL player brought to my attention why it was only Poco Castillians watching the game tonight between COl and Sapp. He actually brought up a good point in terms of scouting as to why no one from PAU was there! In the club a sexy girl on the dance floor heard our convoseration and actually said " Hey I'm from Mission keep on Fishing" in terms of we aren't easy from the Valley!! I looked at the Sap player and told him thank goodness you are knocked out!!:D:wa::D

Also heard that Gorge only have 13 players for their game against Richmond tomo!!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also heard that Gorge only have 13 players for their game against Richmond tomo!!

Conductor must have friends everywhere, as he is 'hearing' everything from every team. Hey Conductor, what is going on with Big Mario at Cliff these days? What is going onin the WVFC dressing room as they prepare for the unknown entity of Cordova Bay?

Conductor is the TMZ of TTP.

JAGS

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was interesting that no one from Peace Arch was there as well.

The game was hard fought and it seemed as if Sapperton were getting the slight edge then the phantom red card came out. I was standing quite far away but I didn't see anything that warranted a straight red. After that, there were some tackles from Sapperton that perhaps could have justified a red card.

Both teams are tough teams who can play with the ball. Whoever wins our game tonight will have their work cut out for them. If it's us hopefully we can keep up.

JTL

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be at the Gorge/Richmond game tonight and will give a full game report. Conductor make sure you say hi before the game starts tomorrow. Then we can battle for 90, then beers.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
There may have been a few NDU boys there to watch the match, and have a few pops!!! Even though we are not in the BC's it has hard to pass on watching this match up!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But a few things seem to always happen:
1. An upset(s) will happen in the 1st round
2. The Island teams will thrive on the Island and struggle (other than Gorge) on the mainland
3. Win or lose, 1 mighty VMSL team will struggle with a lesser opponent
4. NSCL teams have no hope in hell winning the BCs
5. A ref will fcuk up one team's season with a really bad call.

Sapperton 2 - Columbus 3
Sapp came out at half and controlled play and started to take the game to Columbus. After McNabb scored the PK goal to tie things up in the 55th min, all the momentum was with Sapp. That fcuking BS straight red in the 60th min - to a guy who has NEVER gotten a red in this entire playing career - was a dagger in Sapp. Really too bad because you had 2 equal teams battling hard and who ever won it would have definitely deserved it.
I think Jones picked up the 35 yard shot late, by the time he thought it was going wide, it was already in the top corner. But so what - we lost.

Good to see the POCO boys out. It'll be interesting to see them play Columbus. Columbus usually has trouble with the more physical teams.

At least we got the Provincial Cup ball rolling with a good game at QP last night. Good luck to all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you who find it easier just to come here and get info

Todays Matchups:

West Van FC vs Cordova Bay Orange
April 17, 12PM - Kinsmen Stadium

Gorge FC vs Richmond FC Olympics
April 17, 4:00 PM, Hampton Park Turf (Victoria)

Poco Castilians vs Peace Arch FC
April 17, 4:00pm - Gates Turf

Assuming i wont be up early in the AM to post tomorrows games, after our game and Canucks game, here's tomorrows games.

Sunday Matchups:

Coveside FC vs Westside FC
April 18, 9:30am - Confederation Turf (NorthVan)

Nordic FC vs Delta United
April 18, NOON - Confederation Turf (NorthVan)

Uvic Alumni vs Surrey United
April 18, 2:00PM - Finlayson

Roma FC vs Vantreights FC
April 18, 2:30pm - Confederation Turf (NorthVan)

If anyone out there is attending some of these games, PM me and we can trade phone info. I wouldn't mind knowing results as they happen.........for TTP of course. :)

favs

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel the need to vent because I am sick and tired of these refs who are only concerned with their evaluation making serious mistakes that change games. I guarantee you that there would not be one ref familiar with the players and the importance of last nights game that would have given a red for the incident last night. I am not just defending my brother although it is probably true that he has never had a red, let alone a straight red in his 30+ years of soccer. What makes the incident so frustrating is that there is no way that the ref even saw whatever happened. I was running directly behind the ref towards the play which was going the other way when you hear the Colombus player scream. Ref turns, sees Columbus player down and gives straight red to the nearest Sap player. Ref probably felt that if he didn't give a red it may have looked to the evaluator that the ref had missed something important. Reality is he didn't see it and should have just said so.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags, I heard the Big M has switched sports and is lighting up some B Division ball hockey league. He is in the running for top point getter in that league as he is averaging almost as many points a game as his GAA was with Cliff Ave which I believe is around 3. Also heard that he may be taking a linesman course this summer as he believes this may be his only chance to particapate in the BC Master's soccer tournament!:D

As for WVFC, Sir M has almost like a police type pressence around that team, so I am finding it difficult to get any info from their dressing room!;)

Hey Conductor, what is going on with Big Mario at Cliff these days? What is going onin the WVFC dressing room as they prepare for the unknown entity of Cordova Bay?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0