Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know if it will still have the Canadian Flag on the other sleeve??? Thats kind of the reason I was proud to wear my Jersey's every time I went anywhere South!!

Doesn't matter where you go they know where your from.

Never liked the flag on the jersey…hope it's gone now.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another proud Canadian Eh ? ! !

Proud enough…just don't like the flag on the jersey. I don't see how I can't be proud of being Canadian AND not want the flag on our local soccer team's jersey. I don't wear a Canadian flag pin on my jacket either. Don't have one on my backpack either...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Proud enough…just don't like the flag on the jersey. I don't see how I can't be proud of being Canadian AND not want the flag on our local soccer team's jersey. I don't wear a Canadian flag pin on my jacket either. Don't have one on my backpack either...

no one said you were an American...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't go to elementary school so I do wear a backpack...but I do like every time I visit a foreign country and wear my Whitecaps jersey's they know what country I am from and it often begins a conversation

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Ladz donut haf enuff Good Ole Canadian Boys on de tam to haf a maapl laff on the shirt. MaayB you give some good local brunze or silva boys a chnce and u git the flag bak" - Mr. Base

Its that simple.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't go to elementary school so I do wear a backpack...but I do like every time I visit a foreign country and wear my Whitecaps jersey's they know what country I am from and it often begins a conversation

Maybe it's because it says Vancouver Whitecaps on your jersey that people know where you're from?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's because it says Vancouver Whitecaps on your jersey that people know where you're from?

Interesting arguments. How about this one? As a Canadian I really like Canadian flag on Whitecaps jersey (and I think that every club from USA has American flag on their jerseys too). But, if my favourite team was, let's say, Seattle Sounders, as a Canadian, ,I kind of, would not like Sounders' jersey that much because it has American (not Canadian) flag. Very simple, isn't it!?

But, what I really, really do not like is to listen the anthem(s) before the games (and it is not because I do not like Canadian anthem, on the contrary) so that is why I perfectly well understand bandcamp's point re flag.
The reason why the anthem(s) should not be played in NHL, MLS, NFL, etc. is because I firmly believe that the anthems should be played only when NATIONAL team plays (not clubs, teams, etc.). I am not sure how many Canadians are right now on Canucks roster but remember (not long time ago) that Canucks had only 3, Canadian anthem was playing and I was wondering why and for who. It does not make any sense.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
100% agreed on the anthems bit.

Maybe amend the practice for only playoffs (NHL, MLS, NBA)... the problem is probably whomever proposed such a thing in 'Merica would be tarred and feathered as un-patriotic :rolleyes:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
100% agreed on the anthems bit.

Maybe amend the practice for only playoffs (NHL, MLS, NBA)... the problem is probably whomever proposed such a thing in 'Merica would be tarred and feathered as un-patriotic :rolleyes:

I think that anthems should be played only when national team plays. Clubs/teams do not represent a country/nation so it is ridiculous that the anthem is played when they play. I do not think that anywhere else in this World anthems are played for clubs/teams (quite sure it is only in North America).

You are absolutely right that it would be a big issue in USA if somebody recommended what we are talking about here but those people are ignorant and they have no clue who truly represents a country/nation. Those are snobs who are actually not able to add 2 + 2.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm reading that tomorrow night is the "deadline" and if it isn't resolved by then, the strike is on :(

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Owners & Player's Union are in DC where they've been negotiating all day. The Owners left around 8pm tonight, while the player reps stuck around. The offer on the table from the Owners is that players become free agents when they are both over 28 yrs old and have been in the league for 8 years. It's up the union to decide whether to accept that or decline it and then call for a player's strike vote.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say, I'd be really bumbed if they don't start the season. No, it's not the EPL, not even close, but it is the best we have domestically, and it's not bad (IMO). I have become a vested fan of the Caps. I enjoy taking my kids to the games, and its a great experience.

As for the terminology and rules...totaly agree that they need to be adjusted. Locking up a player's rights, all the way to 28, is crazy...but the players may have to view this as a stepping stone, because leverage wise, they don't have much. This negotiation is very similar in nature to what we see in the CFL, where the leverage is mostly on the owner side, while in the bigger leagues, the players have more because they make more, and can afford to sit out.

That is, unless you are Patrick Ewing, where you make a lot of money, but you spend a lot of money, too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting that under the current CBA, players are permitted to sign & play with teams in other leagues like the NASL... Stevie G and Robbie Keane to FC Edmonton?

:)

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MLS Whitecaps preview is actually very positive about this team. The preview on the MLS youtube channel hosted by Rachel Bonnetta.

The asked a tonne of differet MLS reporters and TV guys what the Whitecaps are "most likely" to achieve - one guy said they are most likely to have 2 MVP candidates (I presume Morales and Rivero?), have the most clean sheets, have the most ties (unfortunately), and a bunch of other things. I guess Robbo's purchases are looking very sharp league-wide.

To be fair, Rodriguez, Waston, Ka is a formidable 3 options at centre back. Koffie and Laba are one year old and should be one year better. Manneh should get heavy minutes and playing off Rivero with Morales setting him up could also do very very well. Rosales is a top assist man, but hopefully we can get Mezquida more involved on that wing and see how he does!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waston and Kah are both going to be card magnets. Expect them both to sit games due to suspension, and probably to give away some pks. So I guess it's a good thing we have Rodriguez as the 3rd wheel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0