Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't see the match, but see it was scoreless away. Good result. So for those on the RT watch, how bad was he? Must have been terrible...playing defensive midfield...clean sheet.

Seriously though; dating back to last season when he started that string of games to close it out, the Cap's record has been very, very good with him in the line-up. That can't be ignored...

I also see Ka gave up a spotter. WTF. When will we see Rodriguez?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone see the halftime interview with kah where he was questioned about the handball on him which led to the timbers pk and he answered the ref couldn't tell between his leg and arm because he's black.... :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I am here to start the healing process, if RL RCD and MTKB are willing.

For me, I’ll talk about my unhealthy obsession, Darren Mattocks.

I want him on the first ticket out of town, and I don’t care what comes back. That said, if a player comes in as sub for Octavio Rivero, after a night he had (fantastic play to say the least), you’d better step up and perform. As gangly and awkward as Mattocks looks, and given the fact he was running at spent and inexperience defenders, I thought his goal was a beauty. He’s a hard player for me to like. His touch is still terrible, and he’s a world away from being as poised and intelligent as Rivero. I’d love nothing better than for him to be moved, and for a younger player like Caleb Clarke to get an opportunity to get some minutes up top and in relief of Rivero. But, credit where it’s due, Mattocks has put some goals in the net this season, none nicer than the one he scored Saturday. Still don’t like him, but clearly he’s not going anywhere. If that’s the case, I hope he keeps stepping in to be a threat, brick feet be damned.

OK, let’s talk about RT. I know this is hard, but for the sake of our budding internet relationship, this must be done.

As Regs pointed out, it seemed 90% of his passes went backwards on Saturday, and I noticed that, too. That being said, it seemed to be a team strategy to play the way they were facing, and maintain possession. He was definitely not the only one.

Once again, his work-rate was second to none (Laba a close second). He was everywhere in support. He was tenacious defending, sure wish he had Laba’s strength, but we can’t take 125 lbs (I know he’s listed as 150, but that is carrying around two buckets of water, cause there is no way) and magically make him 175 lbs, not going to happen (I know they only list Laba as 5’9” and 155 lbs, but he plays much bigger, and looks stronger, too). But for his size, RT has a lot of bite. He also made a point of trying to get more involved in the attack, too bad his finishing instincts are so poor, likely from sitting so far back all season, and not seeing the last 3rd of any pitch. Overall, he wasn’t MOM, but for me scored a solid B. A good, useful, successful performance in an important support role.

The As go to Morales, Rivero, Techera, Laba, and of course, Ousted. That save was out of this planet, and obviously changed everything. It was a sure goal. It surely would have changed the game. How he not only made the stop but controlled the rebound was beyond me. Anyone over the past two seasons who’ve doubted this guy surely must be in RL RCD’s and MTKB’s shoes right now, and chocking on their words.

I feel better. That was cathartic.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so you didn't find that as cathartic as I. @mtkb, where are you at? Still angry about being wrong, or in the long process of being proven wrong in light of indisputable results?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny you should mention Caleb Clarke, he came down and watched the 2nd half with his family one row in front of us... great folks, and it was nice to watch the game with another coach
that knows the game very well.

which is to say, Teibert drove us both mad. I really want to know where you're getting the 12% beers you're obviously slamming when you watch matches; all I can find is the Stella concession and the workers
at that one take forever to process customers... anyway, your assertion that the whole team tries to play backwards is rubbish, because Morales was pinging passes left right and forward all night long. Teiberts incessant "back we go" mentality allows even the shittiest of teams - and my God are Philly a disaster - the time to get back and get their defensive shape... Then when one of Teibert's teammates tries to create something and finds a brick wall, we get "well at least Teibert didn't give the ball away tonight"... maddening...

He's playing as a holding mid. HOLDING. Not kamikaze mid. Not chase the ball mid. Play your position, and disrupt the other team's ability to attack through the middle. Until Ousted came out of his shoes to bail the Caps out, even an awful side like Philly were connecting passes through the middle. If you still can't figure out why, well, I don't know I'll ever be able to help you...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny you should mention Caleb Clarke, he came down and watched the 2nd half with his family one row in front of us... great folks, and it was nice to watch the game with another coach
that knows the game very well.

which is to say, Teibert drove us both mad. I really want to know where you're getting the 12% beers you're obviously slamming when you watch matches; all I can find is the Stella concession and the workers
at that one take forever to process customers... anyway, your assertion that the whole team tries to play backwards is rubbish, because Morales was pinging passes left right and forward all night long. Teiberts incessant "back we go" mentality allows even the shittiest of teams - and my God are Philly a disaster - the time to get back and get their defensive shape... Then when one of Teibert's teammates tries to create something and finds a brick wall, we get "well at least Teibert didn't give the ball away tonight"... maddening...

He's playing as a holding mid. HOLDING. Not kamikaze mid. Not chase the ball mid. Play your position, and disrupt the other team's ability to attack through the middle. Until Ousted came out of his shoes to bail the Caps out, even an awful side like Philly were connecting passes through the middle. If you still can't figure out why, well, I don't know I'll ever be able to help you...

Mtkb,

I was at home, drinking, watching the match w/ my daughter. A nice merlot if you must know. Probably 12%. My daughter and I both agree that I’m right and you are mostly wrong.

I think you need to watch the match again, and look at what every player does. Laba is a heat seeking missile who tackles everything in sight. Love him. His breakout passes are fantastic, too. Again, for me, he’s an A, hands down, most matches. That said, frequently when he gets on the ball, he’s facing forward, thus the pass goes forward. Frequently, when RT gets the ball, he’s facing back, and the return pass goes back (the way he’s facing). Are there a few more than there needs to be there? Sure. But, I’d also argue it’s due to his availability in support he’s often in those positions to get the pass, and maybe turning and looking for a forward pass is, at the time, not the best way to maintain possession in that holding role. Both players play very much a different style of game, and they seem to complement one another.

As for Caleb Clarke, are you telling me he’s both teammate and coach? And if so, are you telling me he was criticising a teammate’s play? Or was it another coach with him that was criticising RT’s play? Either way, someone is talking out of school, if that is indeed true- and thus, I don’t think is true, at all. You sir have been caught lying to us again. I don’t care, but God does, and in addition to being a lawyer, you are now (shockingly) a lying lawyer, one whom is Canadian, and hates Canadian soccer players, and who stands no chance of going to heaven.

Speaking of Caleb Clarke, it is infuriating to me that he hasn’t been given the same rope to show himself as Mattocks. Mattocks’ goal was nice, sure, but really, in breaking it down, it was still a lucky strike.

Now, Morales and Rivero, in their chances, showed poise and panache with their placements. Mattocks, after shockingly NOT tripping over himself w/ the inside-out move (we’ve all done it once, not that big a deal), he blindly hammers the ball, and for once, it doesn’t go wide, over, or hit a post. It actually hits the target. Now, you mtkb, as a coach, surely have run your strikers through countless sessions aimed at taking a breath, looking up, and placing the ball to the open space…firmly, but accurately, and not blindly hammering it home. Actually, looking at it closer, had he been looking up, he would have scooped that over the net. Damn lucky he was nearly falling face first towards the ball when he struck it. Very poor form, and I remember seeing it at the time, thinking, “damn lucky he didn’t miss the net, and damn lucky the keeper was setting up for a low, well placed shot. But, it wasn’t his finishing that scored the goal, it was basically luck. Unlike Morales’ and Rivero’s finishes. Mtkb…what did Caleb Clarke have to say about that? Honestly, he must have been pissed that his minutes are being taken by a donkey w/ the touch of a rapist. Surely, he must have pointed this out to you, he being a coach and all? And apparently a teammate who is willing to talk shite about his teammates when they are having success on the field?

Also, on the same note…Tim Parker was OK, but honestly, are you telling me he is better than any Canadian in the system at that spot? He was solid against a bad team, and even managed to have more giveaways than RT had (one memorable sequence in the 1st half where he coughed it up and Philly nearly scored on the giveaway). Are you telling me Jackson Farmer couldn’t be just as average? Not you mtkb- you hate Canadians, and are going to hell. I’d like to hear from other, non-Canadian-player-haters.

Finally…Manneh…he needs to sit, and for a while. He was the only D for me in a game where everyone else on the side was a B or better (Parker- C+). There are two players that should play ahead of him (Rosales and Techera), plus others deserving of opportunities. He’s not improving, and his selfishness is a detriment to the squad at this point. As electrifying as he is, he can’t see beyond his own press clippings, and frankly, better players have to play. I hope Robo sees this, too, but he continuously plays Mattocks, so I am not holding out much hope. I’m sure if Caleb Clarke were coaching, he’d sit Manneh.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude, Caleb Clarke's father Clive is a well-known local coach. He is the one that I gather mtkb was referring to as criticizing RT.

Take a deep breath.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, makes sense now. A father of a WFC player, who happens to be a coach (well known I gather), was sitting in the stands, chatting with some guy w/ loose lips about how terrible RT is? Sounds like a very professional coach, who was probably sauced at the time, and too bad Caleb didn't point out to dear old dad to "Shut your trap, Dad, you are making yourself look Mickey Mouse".

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So first he wasn't going to Heaven and then a couple paragraphs later he was going to Hell. Can't one just not go to Heaven? Can't that be a stage? Or is the only option if you're not going up is to go down?

I can't believe I just read that whole thing.

Re RT - I don't watch the tape and I don't count his mistakes and all that BS but the impression I get when I watch him is that he does too much useless running and he DOES look to play back first and not look to play forward first (and laterally second). Too safe on the ball and doesn't want to make a mistake that costs the team. And it drives me NUTS watching him gesture with both hands down at his feet every time he wants a pass. Like his teammates don't know where to put the ball when they make a pass. Such a poser.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe RT's roll is to keep possession and move. Drag a man deep and play it back and move to create space for the offensively skilled Mids to get on the ball.
Maybe coaches orders? Maybe he knows his job and roll, and knows he can't pick out forward playing passes, so he leaves that up to his other stud midfielder to do.

Yah he runs tons. Maybe too much at times. But they are winning? And they are keeping the ball correct?
Everyone has a job and a role to play. His is to keep the ball and work his ass off in the middle, allowing morales to do all the pretty forward playing stuff.

I rather him play back and not trying to turn in the middle of the park. It's not his game. I want morales turning and playing forward a little higher up the park, morales turns and gets picked, laba is behind him and you know RT is sprinting full tilt to get back or close down the space. Sounds like a plan to me.

If we don't have a high end playmaking attacking mid, then maybe RT is not your guy. But with morales able to provide lots of the offence, RT doesn't need to. He just needs to work his ass off, keep possession flowing on offence, and shut down passing lanes/players time on the ball on the defensive end.

Can anyone seriously argue he isn't doing this? I feel he is doing his job. What is asked of him. And that's why he keeps starting and playing. And caps keep getting points.

Dude. Your the Mayor of rightville.
Mattocks is speed, that's about it. Perfect sub at times to kill a game/go at tired backs. But a Canadian in that role is Better. Any day.

Go Canadian Caps go!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Btw- totally agree on the poser shout. He is annoying as fcuk. But right now, his team is winning with him as starter. I'd rather see Koffie, but winning and cohesiveness overrule that. For me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0