Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems about right.

BC Place is only OK. Best part about it is the roof (the part about it being retractable, anyhow), and it's on the Skytrain route. Otherwise...still a cavern (thought the "intimate seating" makes it better), still too far away from the pitch. Even the roof is more of a hole, and don't get me started on turf. I'd gladly take a 100% outdoor grass pitch w/ covered seating.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems about right.

BC Place is only OK. Best part about it is the roof (the part about it being retractable, anyhow), and it's on the Skytrain route. Otherwise...still a cavern (thought the "intimate seating" makes it better), still too far away from the pitch. Even the roof is more of a hole, and don't get me started on turf. I'd gladly take a 100% outdoor grass pitch w/ covered seating.
If only there was an awesome outdoor stadium somewhere near the PNE, that would be sweet!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did we do that straight up?

Does Brek have some skeletons coming with him?
If it's player for played it seems lopsided.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does he really fit a need here? He is mostly a wide left sided player when we need a right back and a box to box mid fielder.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not entirely sure, but I think based on the archaic MLS rules, the advantage of having Shea ($595k salary) vs Barnes ($756k+ salary) is that the Whitecaps can save $160k TAM to "buy-down" the player's DP status opening open room to bring in an additional DP.... it doesn't seem that significant, but that's about the only justification I can come up with other than Barnes looking completely disinterested in actually playing here.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds like a huge upside @dezza. If we can open up another DP spot and have Brek then that would be huge, no? I followed Brek and he was a stud earlier in his career and maybe the big lights of the Premier League didn't help his development. He's a big powerful runner and I think he's still young enough to rediscover his old form. Lets hope!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to having some bite in our attacking midfield now. Laba brings it deep and Brek now up high. I was so tired of Pedro and his precious long passes...it's almost that he liked pinging long pretty balls instead of winning.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe good off the bench late for 20. But I think the pace he plays at is past it for MLS. He didn't impress when he was hear last!

maybe they need more spanish on the team. Strange.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this.

Last time he was here he was in Morales' shadow, both on the pitch and in the room. This team need leadership in the worst way, and that's what I expect him to bring. Also, we are getting killed w/ injuries this year, having him at the beginning of the season, fresh, allows the club to buy some time, and hopefully put a few points on the board before (hopefully) Bolanos comes back into the mix.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this.

Last time he was here he was in Morales' shadow, both on the pitch and in the room. This team need leadership in the worst way, and that's what I expect him to bring. Also, we are getting killed w/ injuries this year, having him at the beginning of the season, fresh, allows the club to buy some time, and hopefully put a few points on the board before (hopefully) Bolanos comes back into the mix.

I have no problem with Rosales at all, he worked his ass of for this team and from what i read he is one of the main reasons Montero signed for the Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0