Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Masters: Quarter Finals

Surrey U 3 - Vic West 1. Never in doubt really. Vic West tied it early 2nd half and SU scored about 5 minutes later. 3rd goal was a bit of a nightmare for the VW left back. SU made it harder than it needed to be. I've seen them play better.

Apparently Uvic went over with only 13 players, strange considering they have about 30 players on their roster. I guess they will have to poach even more players from other teams next year. ****in disgrace.

That travel seems to be unkind to everyone Vicman ...

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

UVic was unlucky in the first half, missed a sitter early on then had a horrible bounce catch their keeper out and a goal came about thirty seconds later. With two holding midfielders though, they were inviting a bit of pressure all half, and eventually paid for it.

The second half though, a bit of a shambles. They moved, well maybe not forward, but away from the back line anyway, and lost all semblance of shape -- Jags figured perhaps they were playing the ill-fated Canuck right-side lock. Maybe the missing 17 were all left sided players?

Good game to watch and closer to home than NAP. Colder than I was expecting with the drizzle too, but cheers to Ajax for the bevy to chase away the chills!

Good luck to the final four, all of you will be needing it by now.

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A beautiful day for football, slight drizzle not too hot and and great pitch to play on. Two teams giving all they had to offer on the day. The day started off wonderful with the other BRM clinching the title with a hapless display from Chelski. Bloody hell, cheering for the Pool midweek and then Arse...nal on the weekend, what next. But thanks boys, you made my day. The Double awaits!!!! :wa: :knvb: :bronco:

Game report as follows:

A full squad for Vic West was in doubt early in the morning, as there were a lot of players with kids tournaments to watch and coaching commitments to fulfill. However they were able to get up early and take the ferry back home in time to participate.:cool: The keys to the changeroom had also being misplaced and we weren't able to utilize them as early as we would have liked.:p

Surrey United 3 Vic West 1

Overcast weather, with a strong wind :D that played a factor. United in Red and Black with Vic West sporting Green and White hoops. I think not wearing the our third strip(pinnies) ultimately cost us in the end.;)

Nice game to play in, and impressed with Uniteds composure on the ball and distribution for much of the first 1/2. United's first goal was well worked and finished from some good speed down the flank with a nice cross to the far post meeting the end of an intelligent run to the far post for an easy tap in. United had much of the play, and were able to play the ball to feet a lot better than us. Too many needless giveaways hampered our possession. Score at the 1/2 1-0 to United.

The second half was much better for Vic West with them seeing a bit more possession and coming into their own. We scored early in the 1/2 to tie the game up,:knvb: and gave the game new life. There was definately "some doubt" as to the outcome of the game at that point, and you could sense the United boys felt it too.:confused:

Vic Wests goal was without a doubt the goal of the game as the ball was won in the middle third of the pitch with a nice sliding tackle by one center mid, quick distribution to the other center mid who then played a nice through ball to our outside mid who took the ball cleanly on his chest and produced an excellent two touch finish,(still marvelling at how he got there with 1/2 a lung, but I think it may have cost him the other 1/2). the keeper got a fair bit of the ball but not enough, great goal. :knvb: We had the momentum and United was on their back foot. :cool:

Then suddenly. to our dismay, the wind kicked up and the linesman(s) pinnie:eek: blew up in front of his eyes. He then failed to notice an offside :mad: which resulted in a shot which our keeper saved but the rebound went out to one of their players who finished with a heads up play by chipping the ball over our keepers head into the back of the net. The big man later confessed to getting some cigarette ash in his eye at 1/2 time which hindered his ability to focus and not hold the first shot. If it wasn't for the wind kicking up right at that moment the ball would have gone over the bar, but instead helped push it down under the bar. 2-1 United. (I love typing the word United.)

This writer received word after the game that after United went back in the lead, the two bairns (both 8) behind Uniteds net had struck up a deal with Uniteds keeper to let in a goal in exchange for not squirting him with water anymore and TTP out of him. Unfortunately the opportunity never arose. (Thanks for your patience with them keeper as they both love the game very much and are still honing the art of TTP.)

Vic West did their best to get back in the game but a failed clearance , after some nice cover play,resulted in another tap in at the far post. United now ahead 3-1 and in control. Santa Claus then put his stamp on the game, by almost scoring, but for a nice one handed save from our keeper, and being the catalyst in the referee showing 2 yellows and a red to the Hoops. The red being given to our big man up front who eventually succumbed to the gunshot wound suffered while out wee squirrel hunting in the bush. Rumor has it that he thought Santa looked so much like his family doctor that he felt the need to to have a one on one consult with him about his wound and ended up passing out on top of him. What ensued was Santa rolling around with the big man on and underneath him in a Borat type wrestling match. Phsychological support will be offered to both players and their families. Tempers were kept in check for the most part, and for the remainder of the game the extra man and some very good possession play eventually killed the game for United and they were full worth for their 3-1 victory. Congratulations!!

Thanks to the Vic West faithful that showed support throughout the year, and thanks to the lads for a great season and a satisfying cup run.:) :D

Hats off to the BRM and hope you had a safe trip home. Best of luck in your next game.

Championees Championees are we are we are we. Championees Championees are we are we are we!!!!:bronco: :knvb: :wa: :)

Unclewest

Apr 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Greetings from the Island.

Well Vic West played pretty well in the first half against Surrey. I thought Surrey went 1-0:( up against the run of play , Nice goal though...:eek:
Then we tied it up early 1-1 :) and I honestly thought we had a chance, but a questionable offside call :knvb: and a bad mistake cost us on the day . Overall they were the stronger team and moved the ball about well.. ;)

Good luck to all teams left..:bronco:

Saltspring here we come:wa: :wa:
See you next Year..

Unclewest

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok OK...now you guys are having toooooo much fun with the icons (Logfish-UncleWest):p :p
See you all next year...if we finish in the proper place....SCK?:D

Cheers!:wa:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, I was referring to Coach being late, arriving at 3-0, going to move his car, and missing the 4th. I seen you on the grassy knoll. Yes I left at 4-0, things to do!

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

UVic was unlucky in the first half, missed a sitter early on then had a horrible bounce catch their keeper out and a goal came about thirty seconds later. With two holding midfielders though, they were inviting a bit of pressure all half, and eventually paid for it.

The second half though, a bit of a shambles. They moved, well maybe not forward, but away from the back line anyway, and lost all semblance of shape -- Jags figured perhaps they were playing the ill-fated Canuck right-side lock. Maybe the missing 17 were all left sided players?
QUOTE]

I sure hope you aren't talking about the Columbus win over UVic yesterday. Cause if you are, why not state the obvious? Sure, UVic may have missed the one and only opportunity they had, but that was it. After about 20 minutes and our first goal (which wasn't off a horrible bounce as put by Colemanj - it was probably our best goal of the day), we took over the game completely. The scoreline could have been much worse, as the second half saw us getting chance after chance. In actual fact, UVic's only goal was a mistake by our keeper, who bobbled a routine catch into our net. UVic seems like a great squad.....they move the ball around well and have some great players (a very limited # of subs I should say), but on this day I would have to state the obvious.........Columbus won convincingly!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3 - VicWest 1

I must confess, the main reason I'm posting is to check out my cool new 'Guru Avatar' :D , but since I'm here I will comment on the big match out at Finlayson yesterday.....

Probably the largest pitch I've ever seen, or played on. Almost looked like a perfect square. Very wide, which made for lots of turf to cover, and at times some room to exploit. Full marks to VicWest, as they were full of 'compete' (to quote Marc Crawford). Lots of energy, and hard tackles from them (some more questionable than others ;) )

Then suddenly. to our dismay, the wind kicked up and the linesman(s) pinnie:eek: blew up in front of his eyes. He then failed to notice an offside :mad: which resulted in a shot....one of their players finished with a heads up play by chipping the ball over our keepers head into the back of the net.

I agree, the officials seemed to be in a bit over their heads at times. I think its fair to say both sides had some decisions go against them. We had a couple questionable offside calls on us, which most certainly would have resulted in good scoring opportunities. Not even going to get into the interesting 'pass-back' call made late in the game to give VicWest a very dangerous free-kick in the box, and a chance to get back into the game.

Beers tasted great on the way to the ferry, and on Deck 4. I'm still digesting my BC Burger Combo. Good luck to all in the semis.

~S

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs,

I just heard a rumour that our game is scheduled for 10am on Saturday morning. Have you heard anything? Can you confirm?

Looking forward to the match up..........the swivel vs the meg!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Everything I've heard/read indicates we are a go at 10AM on Saturday to be followed by the other semi at 12:30PM

I will give you a swivel.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

don't you mean HAS not hos......

Are you going to make an appearance on Saturday? ........... speaking of sights to see.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumor has it that he thought Santa looked so much like his family doctor that he felt the need to to have a one on one consult with him about his wound and ended up passing out on top of him. What ensued was Santa rolling around with the big man on and underneath him in a Borat type wrestling match.

overheard on the pitch after said incident..." Sexy football,...Is nice! My moustache still tastes of your testes!. " :D
...not sure if it was their big man or ol' saint Nick himself.

Despite being such a wide field there was no shortage of action and some heckling by the near sideline...someone even made disparaging comments about Surrey if you can imagine.:eek:

We were on the ropes for a bit when Vicwest tied it up but we managed to work our way back into the match and take control...funny how the momentum can swing in a few minutes. When Pat O'Krane cooly stroked in the 2nd goal we were on our way....to the semis, and more immediately, to an extended pints-in-minivan session as we missed the 7 o'clock sailing by 30 cars. Good times though because we won. losing sucks.

thanks for the game Vicwest boys....good spirit.

well done Rangers and Aldergrove...who'da thunk an all valley semi?
It'll be very tough to get past Columbus but would be a fun final against either of you two. Looking forward to the weekend boys!

Aves

Sherlock

May 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A 10am game? Thought the rules stated games had to be played (kick-off) between 12pm and 4pm. At least that's what we on the Island were told.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Masters: Semi-Finals Banter and Predictions

No shite Sherlock? ;)

Sir M: :D
Have now cleaned out the Rangerforevercam and must say what an endeavour that ended up to be.
The honey used this time round in the sauce was deadly and clogged the new machine to where only celebatory beer could dilute it and break it down.
My sincerest apologies on the weekend failure of my correspondent duties.
Coach filled the void quite well though I thought.
Those ribs also filled the void nicely.

Quite the battle with PAU which leaves us a bit banged up for the semis but never thought we'd be playing Valley teams like this to get to the show.
Well done to Aldergrove on that monumental task and well done to SU and Columbus as well.

Looking forward to Saturday and cheers,
RF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok, we have gotten to the point now where we are down to the Final Four in the 2006-2007 edition of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings. And these teams are going to be vying for the BC Masters Provincial Cup by the way. Before we get to the final four in these rankings ,however, staff have taken the unusual step in requesting that the following four sides be recognized for, despite their exit in the quarter finals, excellent performance in this year's Provincial tournament: something which they (much like SDMTC Blonde's attitude toward to what God has given her) can build upon. The following teams are out of the tournament now, but made an excellent representation this year:

Peace Arch United
UVic Alumni
Vic West
Westside FC

Well done to all of these sides, and staff advise that on a different day, these could have been the semi-finalists.

But enough of that consolation, it is now time for the final four teams of this season's:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). This team won 3-1 in Victoria, and that is no easy task. A great draw in being at home this coming weekend, against Columbus. Not based on the opponent, but certainly on the venue.

2. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2). This team, and this is not meant to insult any VISL fans, or ColemanJ for that matter, really beat up on another Island side this past weekend. And save for a single glitch over at Ambleside about 6 weeks ago, this team has been unbeatable for the last two or three months. Are healthy, and should be up for a tough game against SU this weekend.

3. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). Staff are reporting that Coach was a bit disappointed with his side's ranking of last week. Staff are sorry for that ranking, believe me. But this SFC side moves up a couple of spots after edging an understaffed PAU this past weekend. Up against Aldergrove in the semi-final. This side has had the easiest draw of the final four thus far in the BCs. Yet to play a higher ranked side. Staff predict, though, that this team will play in the final, and many are predicting that the may well end up as be BC Champs. Or perhaps not.

4. Aldergrove United (FVSL Last week’s rank: 8). Ok, staff admit that they have wrongly underestimated this side...an independent investigation of SMEPR scouting staff's conduct whilst allegedly disguising themselves as Doukhabours has revealed that staff were drunk on corn whiskey and taking pot shots at unidentified fowl when they were supposed to have been scouting the gritty AU side. Measures and sanctions have been appropriately taken, be assured. Some correspondents have even suggested that this side should be rated higher after their, well it must be said, unanticipated victory this past weekend. Their home field advantage ends this weekend, and staff are predicting so does their shot at the Provincial title. But this team has a way of proving staff wrong.

So there you have this week's rankings. Staff are hoping for some continuing it must be said rather refreshing input from such magically nicknamed new posters as:

ThebigKahuna
logfish66
pandabear
Unclewest
The rock
Bigunit11

and...Sherlock.

So there you go for this week.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry I can't give you any refreshing input Sir M - but here you go.

Did the Rangerforevercam make two or three trips through the dirve thru ?

Surrey Rangers are looking a lot like the Canucks in their early 1990's trip to the Stanley Cup - only to be thrwated by the Islanders - unfortunately, no Islanders left to beat them. I think Columbus will pull it out this weekend and next - the injury free status and tall, non-fat, Americano mistos appear to be doing the job for them.

Surrey Rangers - Coach I think you are the greatest. I know you don't want to get the other teams going but I have to disagree with your comment that Aldergrove does not deserve to be on the same pitch as you guys. I think the daily routine of cow-tipping and running will allow them to outpace you this weekend. Also - without Chewy, the blonde German with extra baggage, you will be in trouble.... it's all down to Barry now and RangerForever's scoring prowess.
Good Luck boys.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry I can't give you any refreshing input Sir M - but here you go.

Did the Rangerforevercam make two or three trips through the dirve thru ?

Surrey Rangers are looking a lot like the Canucks in their early 1990's trip to the Stanley Cup - only to be thrwated by the Islanders - unfortunately, no Islanders left to beat them. I think Columbus will pull it out this weekend and next - the injury free status and tall, non-fat, Americano mistos appear to be doing the job for them.

Surrey Rangers - Coach I think you are the greatest. I know you don't want to get the other teams going but I have to disagree with your comment that Aldergrove does not deserve to be on the same pitch as you guys. I think the daily routine of cow-tipping and running will allow them to outpace you this weekend. Also - without Chewy, the blonde German with extra baggage, you will be in trouble.... it's all down to Barry now and RangerForever's scoring prowess.
Good Luck boys.
Well boys congratulations to Aldergrove and the run that they are on. Even though i am a Barry fan i don't think Surrey Rangers can beat Aldegrove. The Cinderella team from Aldegrove will win because it is there destiny!!!

xoxo$$$MAN

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I dunno myself, and I realize that SU are very tough at home, but Columbus are pretty healthy this weekend. According to staff scouting, they are strong up front, in midfield and in central defence, are suspect on the outside in the back, but their goaltending is solid this year. Depth is a slight issue. If they can handle SU #3 this one could prove to be very interesting.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BRM vs Columbus on grass tomorrow @ 10AM

memo to BCSA from FVSL said:
There is one change to the game times this weekend.

2.30pm OPEN A Croatia SC vs. Columbus Clan CAP TURF #1

Confirmation of the other games-

3pm OPEN A Firefighters vs. Gorge is still 3pm and on CAP TURF #3

10am MASTERS Columbus vs. Surrey Utd is on GRASS

10am U21 Burnaby vs. Westside CAP TURF #1

12.30pm MASTERS Aldergrove vs. Surrey Rangers CAP TURF #1

12.30pm U21 Poco City vs. Port Moody CAP TURF #3

Due to some baseball bookings there will be limited changing room space for the 10am and 12.30pm games. There may only be 2 rooms available for the 4 teams preparing.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0