Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCSPL- Pros/Cons/Other Sports

Jan 12, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good questions.
From what I understand, this is supposed to be a rest period (see periodization schedule).
Apparrently BC soccer said the players are "signed until Dec 15th (that is what the franchises have agreed to). This is unlike any other league in which you are free to talk to anyone and anyone can talk to you after your last season game and cup game. Since they have no cup in season, players should be released.
For players dropped, they have to look to fill a spot on a Metro team. Remember ood rule applies as does the MSL rule of only three transfers per team per year.
One BCSPL has asked a metro team for something like 4 or 5 players. How does the metro team fill their roster? What happens to the team dynamics? Player first if it suits only the 5% and the BCSPL. Nevermind everyone else.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good questions.
From what I understand, this is supposed to be a rest period (see periodization schedule).
Apparrently BC soccer said the players are "signed until Dec 15th (that is what the franchises have agreed to). This is unlike any other league in which you are free to talk to anyone and anyone can talk to you after your last season game and cup game. Since they have no cup in season, players should be released.
For players dropped, they have to look to fill a spot on a Metro team. Remember ood rule applies as does the MSL rule of only three transfers per team per year.
One BCSPL has asked a metro team for something like 4 or 5 players. How does the metro team fill their roster? What happens to the team dynamics? Player first if it suits only the 5% and the BCSPL. Nevermind everyone else.

Fusion FC has posted they are continuing on training. It's on their web page. I'd go there for details and not make assumptions on my post here. One assumption I would make though is they are including a rest period.

Jan 12, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team can keep training after their season, but in any other league a player can be approached after the last league game( no cup for the mini season) without a threat of poaching.
For example, if I was a coach of a U16 MSL team and one of my former players who I know wasn't playing a ton and I heard was unhappy, I would be inclined to invite him back if he wanted. I would also support him staying if he also wanted to do that too. With the BCSPL league (no release until we say so), how can I show my support to this player?
MSL also has a break.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just came out last night. Hopefully this will start a trickle down effect with other BCSPL programs as well...

Coquitlam Metro-Ford SC reduces BCSPL fees for upcoming spring and fall season. A re-evaluation of the old budget together with a generous sponsorship from Soccer Express allowed the club to reduce the fees....

• Under 13 to Under 16 Girls & Boys - $1500
  • Under 17 Boys- $1245 (no travel as there is not Vancouver Wave or Thompson Okanagan team in this division)
  • Under 18 Girls & Boys - $1050 (shortened season and based on only travelling to Vancouver Wave and Thompson Okanagan once)

Something should be up on the website shortly. There is also info on evaluations...

Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club - Soccer for Life - BCSPL Home

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sponsorship or refund/rebate for not delivery/providing as much as other HPL franchises?

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@regs - all I know is SoccerExpress is a clothing, apparel etc provider. I don't know the details. The sponsorship is linked on marinersfc.ca. Sorry, I don't have financials to give you.

I am just saying "if CMF is able to reduce based on the sponsorship...." etc etc. Great news for the Coquitlam kids!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point wasn't so much as who is behind the "sponsorship" but more towards the club, Mariners, not providing a whole whack of stuff that they should/should have for HPL players - I am going by what a current parent of a player in that club has told me.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know. Can't speak toward claims from an anonymous parent through a 2nd party on a message board - and I am not a BCPL coach. The parent should probs ask the club...?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can't discuss things with anonymous people, I have no idea why you post on message boards, nevermind using more than 1 account to post on them :rolleyes:

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch. caught red handed :bad-luck:

I switched accounts so it had my name on them. In fact, you can delete bettermirror. I had meant to create a signature for this one but didn't yet - in fact, I'll do that now. You'll note "bettermirror" hasn't posted since since this account was created.

Yes, Colin, really caught red handed....cheers.

Also, you didn't say what it is the parent felt was lacking so how could I possibly comment? Not that I will since I ain't the coach of that team of that parents' kid....but you know what I mean?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they were sucked into Whitecaps and BCSA philosophy (which never made any sense to me; it has been changing every couple of years and I hear now that HPL is on the verge of being abandoned; apparently the interest in deteriorating dramatically).

Interesting, where did you hear that RL?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams folding left,right,and centre....players from U16 being brought up to U18 to fill in squads. Particularly a problem in the girls side. Shocking.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0