Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Blackberry Storm vs iPhone vs Palm Pre

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know if Rogers would be willing to buy out a Telus account to have someone switch to Rogers? :) Really want to get an iPhone but cant wait for contract to end in November or for Telus' "new iphone capable" network to launch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rogers/Fido have started selling the $30/6GB plan... does this come with any airtime? Actually, what's the most data you've used in a month?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
New iPhone news - 3.0 software coming and is free for current iphone users, I think the date is June 17th or 19th. The other big announcement is a new iPhone version that is faster, includes a better camera WITH video recording capabilities, voice recognition, a phone locator and a couple of other bells and whistles.

No pricing yet from Rogers but supposedly it will be available in Canada June 19th.

The new iPhone 3G S apparently will be available on June 19th. Included in the new 3.0 software update is : up to 32MB of storage, video recorder complete with editing tools, 3 Megapixel camera with a new feature that allows you to tap the display to focus on a particular object / person, voice control, cut, copy & paste (finally !!), landscape keyboard, tethering, voice memos and a bunch of other stuff. Sweeeet !!!!

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi guy's, If nobody minds I have an iphone tech support question! I have read the manual, and dread calling Rogers, and being on hold for hrs!

How do you create new folders within your mail?

I currently have;
Inbox
Sent
Trash
Draft

But I want to dreate another one to put messages I want to save, a soccer folder for instance! Anyone know how?

The user manual shows other folders,friends,work etc in the diagram, but doesn't say how to create!

Other than that I love my phone, and can't wait for the new software!
Regs, I have come no where near maxing out my data plan!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been using streaming services like Wolfgang's Vault and Radio Paradise in my car for a while. I haven't looked lately but I think one month I was around 300MB...

Here's a link to an iPhone/Pre comparison as well.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rogers/Fido have started selling the $30/6GB plan... does this come with any airtime? Actually, what's the most data you've used in a month?

I have yet to go over my monthly 500MB data package... since Sling is only available with WiFi... I can't see myself going to the $30/6GB plan.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No issues here. Downloaded and installed easy-peasy.

Haven't really tested it with any of the new features except for the landscape keyboard.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No issues here. Downloaded and installed easy-peasy.

Haven't really tested it with any of the new features except for the landscape keyboard.

My setup keeps stalling at the "backing up" stage... did this take some time for you? I'll have to give it another crack after work this eve...

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, I read on one of the links you posted yesterday, that some people were reporting your problem! There were a few solution on those forums! I can't remember exactly what the soltion was, but apparently it is easy fix!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, I read on one of the links you posted yesterday, that some people were reporting your problem! There were a few solution on those forums! I can't remember exactly what the soltion was, but apparently it is easy fix!

Hey Cside... just noticed your post now... found out my problem stemmed from a glitch in the back up... so I restored my iPhone and all is well... cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0