Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree Arsenal have had bad moments this year and without Robin Van Persie wouldn't be where they are in the league but we don't and haven't always sucked. I remember a time Arsenal went unbeaten for 49 games, don't think a team that has always sucked would of done that. We will win a European honor one day, i'm sure of it. Also i think most Forrest fans and Villa fans today didn't even see those European triumphs and would rather be in Arsenals shoes financially and league position than their current situations.

Winning the Premier League is an honour, unbeaten especially. But no success at the Champions League is just like the Canucks. Presidents Trophy doesn't mean d1ck all.

I can tell you didn't do any research before saying most fans didn't see those triumphs...Aston Villa and Nottingham won in the late 70s/Early 80s meaning that a large swathe of their fanbase (and incidentally Arsenal's) were alive and fully able to appreciate it.

This will help: UEFA Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for being a Bruins fan that is purely based on Lucic. If he had gone to Phoenix/Atlanta/Florida they would then be my favorite team. Not everyday a Stanley Cup winner that reps Serbia and East Van comes around.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winning the Premier League is an honour, unbeaten especially. But no success at the Champions League is just like the Canucks. Presidents Trophy doesn't mean d1ck all.

Winning the league is an honour....and not how you mention with your blase tone. Don't compare football mentality to hockey mentality. No disrespect to hockey fans, but I always thought it strange that the most consistent team over a gruelling season wasn't celebrated more.....it's like a really long pre-season.
Football is different. Winning the league is a MAJOR accomplishment and is celebrated that way...as it should be. Winning the Champions League is monumental but don't kid yourself, they are two different animals. Teams strive to be the best in their country's top league.
If you think otherwise, and you're not ttp'ing, you don't have a clue on what you're talking about. Mind you, you support your hockey team based on one guy and would change allegiances if he left. Says a fair bit in my opinion.

Anyway, quality match today at Emirates...nice to see Milan shite themselves after the 3rd goal went in. How calm was that penalty from Van Persie? Different class. Bad misses at both ends but Arsenal will rue that poor performance in Italy.
I think they would have been the better team for the competition to go through.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you didn't do any research before saying most fans didn't see those triumphs...Aston Villa and Nottingham won in the late 70s/Early 80s meaning that a large swathe of their fanbase (and incidentally Arsenal's) were alive and fully able to appreciate it.

This will help: UEFA Champions League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dancin bear responded better than i could on the fact of winning the premier league so i won't add to it. However i did know that it was aroudn late 70's early 80's before posting. I was talking about the kids, they've probs heard about it from their dads. I witnessed Arsenal play in a Champions League final, have the people my age(born 89) that are Forrest or Villa fans seen anything successful in their life time? Whatever though you're entitled to an opinion but i don't think Arsenal suck but i guess that's a bias opinion.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well.... Complete Barca domination of BLV, wowzers. Anyone opinion though on the 5-0 mercy rule tha clearly was not an option for Barca???? I thought this was kind of an international rule that after 5-0, you longer move forward and attack at net, but Barca seemed to completely ignore this and keeps on all starters and are still going strong....?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well.... Complete Barca domination of BLV, wowzers. Anyone opinion though on the 5-0 mercy rule tha clearly was not an option for Barca???? I thought this was kind of an international rule that after 5-0, you longer move forward and attack at net, but Barca seemed to completely ignore this and keeps on all starters and are still going strong....?

Xavi, Iniesta went off. They brought Tello, a 20 year old on, who scored 2. Problem is that the bench could have won.....maybe only 4-1 though.
Felt a wee bit bad for Leverkusen and glad they scored a quality goal but Messi......that lad must be terrifying to play against.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xavi, Iniesta went off. They brought Tello, a 20 year old on, who scored 2. Problem is that the bench could have won.....maybe only 4-1 though.
Felt a wee bit bad for Leverkusen and glad they scored a quality goal but Messi......that lad must be terrifying to play against.
Messi wouldn't last more than 5 games in Masters. It's why I quit.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beauty game by Milan to shut down Barca! Suck a D*ck messi . I dont think they could have played any better against Barca (aside from Zlatan not having a game). I think they showed how to play Barca by simple just stacking their team on the 18, and fouling the midfielders so they cant make their runs. Dirty , not pretty soccer to watch but damn they did well!!! No other team yet this year can say they shut down the might Barca.... Next leg at New Camp and its gunna be a good one!!!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if it wasn't for absolutely atrocious finishing, this game definitely would have had some goals. Robinho and Ibra with awful missing inside 20 minutes, and Barca the same really.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beauty game by Milan to shut down Barca! Suck a D*ck messi . I dont think they could have played any better against Barca (aside from Zlatan not having a game). I think they showed how to play Barca by simple just stacking their team on the 18, and fouling the midfielders so they cant make their runs. Dirty , not pretty soccer to watch but damn they did well!!! No other team yet this year can say they shut down the might Barca.... Next leg at New Camp and its gunna be a good one!!!!

Yes, that's ****ing awesome for the game of football. AC Milan, one of the most talented teams in Europe AT HOME sits back and plays for a 0 - 0 draw. Great for the game. Either way, Barcelona will gub them in Spain......hopefully. No room for anti-football. We've seen it for ****ing years from Ibrox and now look at them. :D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it just shows respect to barcelona. No team in Europe can open up and trade chances with Barca. Why would Milan?

England did the same against Spain and got a W.
At the end of the day, Football is played for the W. guarantee no England player was bitching about the tactics they played once they had that tasty W in their mouth.

Barca/Spain play great, word champ soccer. Maybe the best ever.

What do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0