Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I hate is watching Barca play against a team with good 11-man zone defense. Boring as hell

From a neutral stand point, maybe one of the most boring games I have ever watched. However brilliant tactics by Milan obviously, this is the suffocating football that has one Italy world cups. Barca struggled with teams who did this last season as they want to attack the middle, and Milan had their whole team stacked down the middle. The team full of midgets are not very effective, so they never just swing crosses in. I'm happy with any tactic that sees Barca lose, as I'm finding their football is beginning to be a bit stale. If Barca wants to play that style, teams need to adjust, Milan did. In saying that it was like watching the New Jersey Devils win cups in the 90's.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
From a neutral stand point, maybe one of the most boring games I have ever watched. However brilliant tactics by Milan obviously, this is the suffocating football that has one Italy world cups. Barca struggled with teams who did this last season as they want to attack the middle, and Milan had their whole team stacked down the middle. The team full of midgets are not very effective, so they never just swing crosses in. I'm happy with any tactic that sees Barca lose, as I'm finding their football is beginning to be a bit stale. If Barca wants to play that style, teams need to adjust, Milan did. In saying that it was like watching the New Jersey Devils win cups in the 90's.
couldnt agree more !!! That's is honestly the only way possible you can that team. If you try and run the field and pass through them, teams last 60-70 minutes and then game over. It's unfortunate to say but the only way to secure a W against barca is to use your size, and park the bus on the 18.... They are just too talented in every damn position, and so cohesive..... 2nd leg should be good to watch, see if barca can make up!!!! Excited :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Barcelona football is stale.

Pleasegivemesomeofthosedrugs

The problem is very simple at this stage of the CL and in bigger competitions in general. The managers of these teams are ALL too cautious. Barcelona in this game were very content when it was 0 - 0. They played with little urgency and were satisfied playing football without attempted to play through the AC Milan wall. So many managers in these first legs are afraid to take chances. Home teams think "Let's not give away an away goal" while the away team is coming in(most of the time) thinking....a 0 - 0 draw would be brilliant heading home or even losing 1 - 0 wouldn't be bad. Here lies the problem.

Bayern Munich were the exception against the big Arse in all of these games. I actually hope Bayern Munich wins it this year. They deserved to last year but anti-football won out in that occasion. A Bayern Barcelona final would be a cracker. Any other teams in the final will be a ****ing boring chess match with teams being afraid to just go for it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, Celtic was brilliant when they beat Barcelona.......attack after attack.

Agree a Bayern V Barca final would be fantastic. As well as Man Utd have been doing I don't think they can compete against barca and Bayern even if they get thru Real Madrid. To many gaps between the lines of defense, good teams are able to create a lot of quality chances finding pockets of space. I don't see their tactics and shape on the same level as those teams. My thing with Barca is yes they are brilliant and score some fantastic goals after having completed 20 + passes but they hold a lot of possession in non threatening areas. They are so good at it that it kind of kills the game. Their play in tight areas is incredible but I hope to see teams find ways to find their weakness', it's good for football. Maybe they will start playing with a actual striker, and hey maybe someone who can be an aerial threat.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair points, Bulljive, but the last comment made me think of a famous quote by Bobby Robson........

"Football should not be played in the clouds. If God wanted football to be played in the clouds he would have put grass there."

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair points, Bulljive, but the last comment made me think of a famous quote by Bobby Robson........

"Football should not be played in the clouds. If God wanted football to be played in the clouds he would have put grass there."

Yes, but I think that's a little more about Kick and Run soccer or any team Kusch plays on. A large percentage of goals come from crosses. Barca is on another level but when I look at a team like Man City they have weaker teams in the EPL do the same sort of thing as AC Milan, congest and get 10 guys behind the ball. Most of the time it was Aguero or Tevez up top, with Silva trying to play balls on the carpet and forcing a one-two in a phone booth. Man City would have 70% possession but wouldn't really create chances because there was just no space. Insert Dzeko in the 75th and the guy was scoring on crosses and direct football almost every game he came on. It would just be nice if Barca had a real #9 who could come on and bring something different when antifootballers of the world used this tactic. or as I call it, Italian football. The game just emphasized a few actual weakness in their game, lack of pace in the center backs and no old school #9.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Barcelona football is stale.

Pleasegivemesomeofthosedrugs

Bayern Munich were the exception against the big Arse in all of these games. I actually hope Bayern Munich wins it this year. They deserved to last year but anti-football won out in that occasion. A Bayern Barcelona final would be a cracker. Any other teams in the final will be a ****ing boring chess match with teams being afraid to just go for it.

did you watch any of the games? I thought both Dortmund and Shaktar tried to get results along with the United vs Madrid game being one of the best games i've watched in a while. I wouldn't want too see Barca in the final, they're probably the most boring of teams to watch. Personally i would prefer to watch teams like Bayern, Madrid, United, Milan, PSG, or Dortmund who actually attack in numbers at speed on the counter attack unlike Barca who are content at passing the ball until the opposition get frustrated and make a mistake, which teams aren't doing anymore and have figured out that by sitting back they'll get frustrated and give it away eventually and that's why Barca aren't as effective in the Champions League this year or last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0