Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mourinho word for word "The best team Lost today"..... Wow didnt ever think those words of respect and honesty would come from his mouth... Good on him though. But he said it best, just because Man U was the better team for the majority of the game, doesnt mean they are going to win. Thats the beauty of football, so unpredictable.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd blame Nani first before blaming the ref. If you have your studs showing, that high off the ground, you force the ref to make a decision, whether you like it or not. That being said, Lopez in goal made some big saves, and with that Real deserved to go through over the 2 legs.

That ref ever going to get another European game again?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mourinho's Post Match Interview :

[video]http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/champions-league/8542883/mourinho:-modric-changed-the-game[/video]

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shcoking only to Ingerlish fans...:rolleyes:

Depending on the viewing angle, you see either incidental contact or studs into the chest. Either way, they're in a position where they have no business being in the proximity of another player. Given the most advantageous perspective on the call, I would have given at least a yellow to Nani (holy crap, did I just agree with CIC?:eek:).

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mourinho word for word "The best team Lost today"..... Wow didnt ever think those words of respect and honesty would come from his mouth... Good on him though. But he said it best, just because Man U was the better team for the majority of the game, doesnt mean they are going to win. Thats the beauty of football, so unpredictable.

He is looking for a job.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shcoking only to Ingerlish fans...:rolleyes:

Depending on the viewing angle, you see either incidental contact or studs into the chest. Either way, they're in a position where they have no business being in the proximity of another player. Given the most advantageous perspective on the call, I would have given at least a yellow to Nani (holy crap, did I just agree with CIC?:eek:).

Players jump to to bring the ball down like that every single game. No intent, should the keeper get a red for punching Vidic and missing the ball. Should it be a Red when two players go up for a header, one gets the ball and the other "head butts" the player, of course not. To me this is 100% the act of a player trying to control the ball, he sees the defender at the last moment. You need to read the game and make a common sense decision. You think players on Madrid would have bitched about a yellow?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players jump to to bring the ball down like that every single game. No intent, should the keeper get a red for punching Vidic and missing the ball. Should it be a Red when two players go up for a header, one gets the ball and the other "head butts" the player, of course not. To me this is 100% the act of a player trying to control the ball, he sees the defender at the last moment. You need to read the game and make a common sense decision. You think players on Madrid would have bitched about a yellow?

EXACTLY!! he had his eye on the ball until the last second. a yellow would have been plenty. i wonder what the linesman said to him?!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shame really as i was hoping for some extra time.

Oh well United fans, at least you get to watch your team in the champions league next season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
After just watching the game on the pvr. All I can say is that ref is lucky to get out of England if he did....the absolutely worse thing possible happened today and I actually told one of my coworkers in the morning, I hope it's a cracker of a match and the officials don't ruin a great clash. It's unfortunate, I'll be surprised to see if the ref gets anymore big games in the CL this season. The one camera shot from (kinda) his angle shows studs into arbeloa's side but that's it. Absolutely NO excessive force whatsoever, Nani's eyes are on the ball right until the end when his leg is already extended. Not to mention none of the madrid players rushing over to the ref demanding for discipline just after the ref blew his whistle for the foul It's a real shame the game was ruined, I think this tie lived up to its hype, extra time was the ideal fairly tale and a dramatic united win late but maybe on another day.

The really disappointing thing now is there's probably a lot of local referees that saw that and I can almost guarantee this weekend one player in the lower mainland will be sent off for the exact same thing and the official's excuse will be, " nani was sent off for something similar on Tuesday vs Madrid..."

Avoided all updates regarding the game today for it to only be ruined by the turkey (not zebra) in middle. FFS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

Why does Nani lie on the ground (other than being a girl)?

Last edited:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As shitty as the call was (and impacting to the outcome), it was a backlog of karma catchup for diving and being a general pussy for a long time. And, as you say, why does he flop on the ground? Because he is trying to sell what he knows was a stupid move and get away with it by pretending he was the victim. I am just surprised he didn't grab his face as he rolled around like most of the diving pussies do. Who the hell invented that move anyway? That just makes me want to go up and kick them in the head to give them something to really writhe about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0