Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 FVSL MOTW: Nov 4-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
close this bullshite thread already!!!!!

......and one of the real MOTW threads accidently started by yours truley.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm not going to agree all the way with Shaven on the 3 picks, I'm also not going to piss on him for doing so... anyone to do that is a prick and an idiot... Lets look here at ALL the teams involved and find some alternatives.

2A :
-North Delta Titans vs White Rock United
**Means nothing to either, both are shite, and a winn for either does nothing to the standings for either.
-Tsawwassen Royals vs LUFC Athletic
** Means something for the Athletics, means squat for the titans.
-Surrey Coyotes vs Aldergrove United
** Again, this one means nothing to either, Alderditch mired in 4th, and the Coyoteuglies mired in 7th...
- GEU Rams vs SFC Stars
** These teams are tied... not saying it means much in the top of the standings, but both fighting to stay in 2nd...
This would be my choice as well for MOTH in 2A

2B :
-Five Corners FC vs Columbia Bearcats
**while these 2 teams are tied, a win puts them nowhere. They aren't a threat to the top, and don't risk relegation... this would be like playing checkers with your gramma... it means nothing.
-Abbotsford SC vs LUFC Clones
**This one means nothing to the Clones, they're already too far out of first for promotion, Abby has to watch themselves or they'll be relegated, but they aren't going to win this one, so why bother with MOTW.
-Mission S.C. vs Aldergrove Undivided
** This one needs no comment.
-Dewdney FC Coachmen vs GN Sikh United
** Sikh having dropped out, means there are no MOTW for this group anyway..

2C :
- Coquitlam City Arsenal vs Delta Metro United
**This one ranks for MOTW. The most underachieving team in div 2 period vs a team that's over achieved. I think these two are closer than the standings say.... I'll take CCA 2 - 1
- North Coquitlam Hades vs Port Moody Lions
**Another close match, Hades 2 points out of first, and a PM win would have them leap over Hades.... both teams very even as well. Could be MOTW as well. I'll take the tie 2 - 2
- Poco City Athletic vs GEU Titans
**A snoozer, but the Titans need a win to keep from relegation, and stealing one here would mean Poco would be soon in the hot seat... not MOTW compared to the others in this group, but important to the Titans. Poco 3 - 1
-Dewdney FC Celtic vs North Delta Nationals
**How can this game not be MOTM(onth) 2 top teams, tied, same goal differential (although ND has 2 goals against to add to this with the CCA game to be added later) Walls and Bored both to miss this one should take some fire away, but both respect each others place, and it should be the best game in the Valley this week-end. I'll pick DFC 3 - 2. But it could go the other way just as easily.

Summed up, any game in 2 C could be MOTW.... the rest of them are MOTweak... but Shaven did pick the least boring match up for those groups....

Let those who cast stones break glass..... or something like that.... :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru,

Royals are the only team in 2A that can still work their way to the top of the table, and are the only team that has given the Gunners (besides us, of course) a game. Certainly this is a match with implications.

As for people bitching at Shaven, he brought it on himself. This is probably his idea of a joke, or a twisted way of trying to flex some TTP muscles.

Whatever Guru...whatever...

Hugs n' kisses,

~Dude
Pick and Idiot

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Guru,

Royals are the only team in 2A that can still work their way to the top of the table, and are the only team that has given the Gunners (besides us, of course) a game. Certainly this is a match with implications.

As for people bitching at Shaven, he brought it on himself. This is probably his idea of a joke, or a twisted way of trying to flex some TTP muscles.

Whatever Guru...whatever...

Hugs n' kisses,

~Dude
Pick and Idiot
I stand corrected. Read my post again, I was comparing the Athletics to the Titans, not the Royals.... My mistake..... The Royals are indeed in need of this win, and it will be a tough one against the top team in that group. I agree now with that as being the MOTW in that group, but in all honesty, I don't think the Royals have a chance.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
spent some time this morning to create a MOTW thread that contains games with actual relevance to the outcome of the season. the games you are discussing are all listed there along with others. why not boycott shavens bullshite and take the discussion there.......or can we really not survive without the angry bald one????

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
close this bullshite thread already!!!!!

......and one of the real MOTW threads accidently started by yours truley.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this garble :confused:
Is this Sid in disguise? ?

Close this one AND the "real" one you started.. are you on crack, or just have your nose in one?

I think Shaven's IS the real one... yours can only be a facsimile...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
if this is thread contains the REAL M'sOTW then i must be on crack, cause i don't find the humour in it all. just cause you don't play anymore shaven, doesn't mean you can't take the high road and do your fcukin job.

anyone else who posts under this poke-in-the-eye thread is as much a wanker as shaven is for starting it in the first place. SUCK IT UP........FCUKIN BABY!!!!!!!!

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
my vote..fo match of the week is nationals vs dewdney seeing as this is a first plays second game its the best game by a long shot..shaven how could you miss this one bud.....ive spoken so the truth is out there....peace

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, I go to work for one day, and look what I come home to...

It appears that among you, only Guru and C-thru have caught on to my intentions. Well done boys, you see the humour in my MOTW thread this week.

Indeed, this MOTW thread is my idea of a piss-take, and IMO a rather good one. In the past few weeks, I've taken a fair amount of flack and piss-takes from many of you for my selections, and that's all fair ball. However, in return I am entitled to take my own piss here, and that's exactly what I've done. It would seem that only a couple of you, and perhaps Dude as well as he did catch on a little ;), appreciate the sarcasm and humour in it. Apparently you are all allowed to piss on me, and whatever you wish, but I am not entitled to TTP at all :rolleyes: .

As for my job as a mod, and my attention to this job and site, don't mistake my piss-take thread as a waning interest. I am your mod, and will continue to be for some time at the least. My job, as was stated a few posts back I believe, is to stimulate banter and keep this thread rolling...Guess what Sherlocks? I did just that ;) . You all may not agree with my MOTW picks, and of course they were purely in jest, but 20 some-odd posts later you're all still talking about them, and other matches as well. I'd say, and others agree, I did just what I'm supposed to do. And, this week I had some fun doing it at the expense of a couple of you, but for a change you all had to respond to being pissed on, instead of the other way around. Turnabout is fair play boys :D .

Now, continue your banter, as this is most entertaining this week! Oh, and one more thing...for those of you speculating on my playing status, it is still active, however I am nursing a bit of a knee injury, and thus am not training at the moment. Thanks for caring though, walls :p .

walls, good on you for attempting to do my job, but did you ask yourself why there's 0 posts in your MOTW thread? Hmm...I applaud the initiative though, but let's leave such things to me, shall we? ;)

On topic: MOTW is the Nationals/Celtic tilt, hands down. Feel better Backline?

~Shaven :D

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
29 LSD keep up the great work sunshine :rolleyes: and I'm pizza delivery drive I'm far to lazy to clean up and be a janitor :rolleyes:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic /Nationals in what should be a classic hard fought game I would like to see the nationals win this one but have a feeling Celtic may take it should be a great game

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
a great piss take indeed shaven. too bad the teams i hope you were trying to take the piss out of have few if any representatives viewing this site to enjoy your stale humour. in other weeks past you would've been telling us to stay on topic and keep the banter to the BANTER THREAD!!!! way to pull the wool over everyones eyes though and get conversation going in a thread that had no posts in the past few weeks due to one person, and one person only. you are the mightiest of all the mods and should be knighted for your dedication and creativity. i'm sure if you re-read, you will see that the majority of these posts had nothing to do with the MOTW but i'm sure that was all a part of your plan grand puba!!
ps-player#7, the celtic /nationals are tied for first even if you award the 2 goals against from the suspended game to our totals.
....continue on with your banter all, as its plain to see what the MOTW is.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My my, you are a grumpy little man today!

Buck up wallsie...you're just cranky because the idea was funny and witty, and I came up with the idea and not you. Don't be so vindictive. ;)

I'm predicting this is a 3-1 Celtic win, with the third goal coming late against the flow as the Nationals push to tie up the match from 2-1 down. Not to deny the Nationals their due, but I think the Celtic are just that little bit stronger.

:p
~Shaven

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
you'd be grumpy too if you had to watch your team play from the sidelines since week two......or maybe not ;) .
thanks for finally giving my team their due though :rolleyes: .

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 3 or 4 nil.
I heard they were filled with x.premier players that would start on any Prem team. Like 6-7 of em. So if this is true, this will be the first game that they really get up for. Knowing this one is for first place. Guys who might skip a game here and there are going to be there for this game. beleive it'

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I agree now with that as being the MOTW in that group, but in all honesty, I don't think the Royals have a chance.

win or lose, i'll quote you on that post-game. it's a huge game, more for the royals than LUFC, as LUFC will still have a a lead in points. looking forward to it though.

anyone that has played LUFC, and is rooting for the underdogs (royals) feel free to post some tips in playing against this top team.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
well we played them soccermom if you wants tips you should stay on the side lines :p well at least you got a hair cut, your NFL style tackles won't work against them :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7player said:
my vote..fo match of the week is nationals vs dewdney seeing as this is a first plays second game its the best game by a long shot..shaven how could you miss this one bud.....ive spoken so the truth is out there....peace

At least say.....out like you used to do dopeashell.....good game on Friday night but it seems to me that Whalley is garbage and #23 on your team played one hell of a game....bulljive wasn't on his game

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 4-1 over Nationals

Not much to say...there trap really isn't that good and with Matty feeding balls down the middle to Silver I pick Celtic to run over this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0