Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 "B"

Actually 2 "B" is not as bad as everyone thinks. I think the top 4 teams went through very bad spells during the year, and the team that had the shortest peiod of poor play ended up going up (Bingers). As I said previously, they'll need a good 5 or 6 more quality players to be competitive in Div 1.

We (Primos) gave away at least 7 points during the year that were inexcusable ... on any given Sunday those points could have gone our way. I'm not making excuses as the way we played this year was awful and not deserving of a promotion, but we essentially had the same team as last year that finished on a 9 game winning streak and came 2nd to the 'Lomas by 1 point (beating Westside in the process). This year the competition forced us to make more mistakes, and we lost valuable points. I will admit that the lower half of the division was pretty bad though - worse than last year.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
vratar,

That has to have been one of the most shocking posts so far this year. First you're surprised that the JB's tied, 'cause you schooled Westside -- but wait, you lost. But it wasn't your team's faut -- it was your fault; and your forward couldn't score; and your team wasn't ready; and you lost.

But, good for you: you schooled them in midfield.

Keeperstirringthepotagain

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers won't go up

Teelay:

if you had been paying attention to Div.2 soccer for the past few years, you'd know that Binger's Army has been promoted several times to Div.1, but they don't go, they just sell their spot and buy more beer and swag for themselves. They have talented players and could play in Div.1, except they don't have the commitment or the fitness to make it happen and they know it. How did they score 7 goals on you guys yesterday anyways? As a former member of the purple army (now playing in Div.1 b/c i got sick of Div.2 soccer), I would say that they have more than enough former top level players to dominate Div.2 until they all turn 50. :)

and as far as promotion goes, it's easy to talk about getting promoted, but it's a harder thing to do -- it's takes consistency and commitment, not just skill.

max

Libero

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic Bag

Dapotayto,

You of all people should know where I get my quotes from...

When Godlike went to Doublewide Village to start his own little cottage industry - Mail Order Magic Mushroom Tea - he left behind his Magic Bag :p. I've been trying some of the pills off and on and the stuff really works ! Don Quixote, the guy who's been telling Godlike whether to dive left and right during games, has nothing to do now so he is helping me with the quotes. Pancho has to translate from Spanish to English for me....

On a separate note : Hrvatska, don't let me down ! I said you guys were underrated and will surprise some teams. If you can muster 11 players to show up at least half an hour before a game, you'll do well. Besides, a guy I work with plays for Elephant Walk. You should have no trouble with Christian- he looks and plays like a bitch.

NowWeKnowWhyGodlikeAndPatrickRoyTalkToGoalposts

Libero

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get up or get lost

Max,

I agree that Binger's has the skill to keep winning their division and selling their spot. But is that really fair to the other teams ? Do they enjoy playing beneath their skill level ? If they are good enough to win Div 2 often, they should eventually accept promotion and make it more fun for everyone else in the pool. Or are they scared :eek: .

It sucks when there are a number of teams ( Elephant Walk, Optima, Cliff Ave.) that would love the opportunity to go up, but can't because Binger's Army needs beer money.

I have a solution. If we can promise that if Binger's sells chocolates door-to-door, and we buy enough to help them stock up on booze, maybe they'll give up the spot to the second place team.

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Binger's Army. I just wish they would give Div 1 another crack so someone else can the following year.
WhyIsGeneralBingerAfraidOfEngagingTheFirstDivision?

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Mighty Beam has been humbled.

Congrats to PGU for their promotion!

Westside congrats on your tie, but surely you can not take that play to the bank....the beam beat itself along with a little help from the shite park and the oh so quality reffing.

But these are surface excuses....the Beam has learned a valuable lesson this year...we did not rise and play to our ablility....honestly, we should not of even been in this predictiment. We should of locked the league up Mid Feb.... The difference between moderate and great teams is the mental ability and focus; the ability to rise above all circumstances and external forces...In so many matches this year, we should of gone for the KILL...instead we played a lot of "catch and release" shite football....

Potato; bring your case of Heini, the bet is on, and quite frankly, right now, I am thirsty and pissed!!!

Looking forward to our match.

Good luck to all this weekend,

hammermightbeplayingover35nextyear!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers

Max,

Interesting - I haven't really followed the ins and outs of VMSL in recent years - have only started this year...must be getting old ;)

Regarding promotion - agree, you have to walk the walk and not talk the talk. We were so confident coming into the season that our first loss got us reeling and we just played like $hit for pretty much the rest of the year. We absolutely don't deserve to go up due to our lack of effort out there, and inability to come through when it counted.

7 goals yesterday was an embarrasment. Our defense was brutal, and we pretty much gave up after 5 goals against. The last 2 were gimmes. We played like a Division 3 club - not a way to prep. for next year. If (big IF) we win next weekend vs. Surrey and Bingers wins their game, there will be a rematch in Cup ... and I guarantee we won't give up 7 then.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

No offense, but Div 2 B is weak.

"This year the competition forced us to make more mistakes, and we lost valuable points. I will admit that the lower half of the division was pretty bad though - worse than last year."

Lets see here, the competition was worse than last year, BUT last year you finished on a nine game win streak? Like I said, Div 2 B is weak.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think keeper missed my point. Although Iam not surprised based on his comments on this thread. Not surpised at all!!
My prediction was bang on, it will be NSU in Div2 for another year.
Way to go Westside!
Good luck to PG in Div1.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

I also forgot to mention that the rest of Div 2 is weak as well. There are maybe 2 or possibly 3 decent teams in each pool. The rest is Div 3 calibre.

The Rapist

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely right...........

Therapist is absolutely right. There were a lot of shitty games this year for us ( 8-0, 9-0) and even a 6- 1 shitkicking :eek: . Out of the 14 games, 4 of them were okay to play in. The other games were boring at times, but having said that, we struggled to win a couple of the matches. .....

Captain

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backwards Slide

Therapist,

I agree with you that Division 2 has taken a step back this year. But my point was that we had the same team as last year (actually 1 or 2 more additions), yet we played worse. Go figure ... I don't know what happened - was it just one of those years? Logic says that with the same team as last year, and our record last year vs. this year, the competition was actually better this year? No - I don't buy it - we just didn't play at the level we played at last year ... the soccer was poor.

As for the 2 "B" ... any one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the division could have played with any of the top teams in the other divisions on any given weekend. Maybe the intensity wasn't the same as the other divisions for whatever reason, but the skill level did come through from time to time. Who knows ... there are 5 "B" clubs left in Cup - we'll see how many there are after this weekend. If there are none left, then maybe "B" does suck :)

Would it make sense to have some regular season cross-over games chosen at random through the season? Or would that end up benefitting one team and hurting another?

Anyways, I'll be coming a bit early on Sunday to watch your game vs. PG, and you guys should stick around for a bit afterwards and watch ours vs. Surrey. We better have better luck this week on William Griffin than that of last week.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But my point was that we had the same team as last year (actually 1 or 2 more additions), yet we played worse.
Perhaps -- and I'm just throwing this on the table -- it's because your last year's performance was the exceptional case, and this year was an example of your regular standard. In a sense, back to reality. :D

Keeperstillstirringthepot--Icouldn'tresist

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably a bit of both. Personally I don't think our team took advantage of our strengths and had some uninspired performances.

Anyways, who cares .... we're a 4th place Div 2 team. :eek:

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 Things.

I predicted Long ago that my boys would take 2C (even without me) (now i REALLY have to get in shape...) and they did. Excellent work. congratulations PGU!

I think "catch and release" sounds like a good term for quality soccer. You know that old adage: "Pass when you want to; don't wait till you have to" Actually I think i made it up... or an old coach had a paraphrase maybe...

Maybe it shouldn't be possible to "sell your spot". I think this has been allowed by the league for years and it seems like a really shitty thing to allow. If first place declines it should go to second etc...

Thanks and see you boys in the summer. I should be back there for the first of july or august... Man, do I miss Vancouver!!
GO NUCKS!!! ok 5 things.

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a question for you NSU's boys.

I've played against Primos and JB's with Bombastic 3 times each in the last 2 seasons and they have both been among our toughest opponents. I just can't understand with all the talent (both playing and organizing) at your club's disposal why, oh why don't you guys pool the two squads together and use the CAT system? You are both part of the same club anyway. If you combined your CAT team would still be very competitive in Div 2 and your A team would stroll into Division One. It would also eventually give all the players access to Div 1 game time that it seems both groups crave.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vratar,

Go blow yourself.... You must be "clairvoyant" or something, predicting Beam staying in Div2 for next year. Well my friendly croat, I have been known to demonstrate having the power and senses to predict the future as well.

I predict a win by Elephant Walk this weekend. I think the match will be close, but the Walk will win by a 2-1 margin. Both teams match up well with the Walk posting a total of 19 points while NK finished up with 18. Goals for the walk equals 20, NK 25 and goals against, are you ready..... The walk 20 and NK 41

Do you think there was any correlation with the amount of goals against and you donning your famous powder blue kit...
inquiring minds would like to know???:D

Good luck to all this weekend. The Beam will advance!

Insider, the reason the NSU club has not formed a Cat system, is:

1) I hate what Cat stands for and the destruction of talent throughout the league resulting of the cat system.

2) We hate the Primos.........kidding

hammerislateforpractice.....
ciao.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammer,

Let me say one thing, I guess you and your boys will be playing in those spring tournaments after all, thats my prediction.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos/ Beam

Insider,

The reason why the 2 teams don't join up is simple - power at the top. The Primos have a guy who wants to be in charge 100%, but I don't think the boys on the Beam want that, and rightly so. Kind of would make sense though - joined together, they (we) would be a formidable team.

Last year both teams ended up 2nd, this year, one team 3rd, the other 2nd.

I guess we like banging our head against the wall. ;)

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions:

NSU 0 PG??
NKH ?? EW 0
MeraB 2 BA 3
OPt 2 MF 3
Nmds 1 Alemia 3
NSF 1 ICSF 3
NSP 1 Surrey 3
Cliff 2 WUSarajevo 3 (pk's)

Hammer,

Hows speedo-man doing? It must be chilly for him these days.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0