Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2012- 2013 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well... there you have it boys, my cleats have not arrived. my game confidence is down and i feel no crossbars being hit tomorrow.... now either we score more than they do, or we just miss the net and hopefully they win on hitting crossbars and dont' get any in the net...

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
here are my predictions for round 1

A :
Strathcona vs Pylons 2:0
Met vs Pacifica 8:0
Signmaster vs Celtic 3:2
Norvan vs PCOV 3:3
B's vs Friends 4:2

B :
Cosmos vs Bosna 0:4
Ante-up vs Astro 2:2
Caspian vs Bari 0:0
Pumas vs NorWest 6:3
Chaos vs Cobra 11:2 on crossbars, cobra wins 2:0 on possibly scoring two inside of the net. than again they could miss and it will be a 0:0 tie

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCBytca: you couldn't hit that many crossbars even if Tommy the Czech was playing for you.:p

Will have to see if we can live down to your expectations tomorrow.

Interesting result against Pacifica; sounds like they may have been shy a few bodies? Don't know if B's can beat Friends.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caspian 6 - Bari 3.
Both teams played below their level. Caspian was up 5-0 at one point, but let Bari back in the game with 2 quick goals. at 5-2 Bari had a great chance from a free kick to make it 5-3 , but soon after Caspian scored again and in the final minute Bari found the net again and left the game with a very odd 6-3 scoreline.

very physical game, as usual when you play Bari, but the Caspian players got stuck in and took the punishment to score. One of Their forwards got run over at least 4-5 times by the bigger Bari defence, but scored the first goal of the game while being run down by the Bari defence. eventually he received an elbow to the face and had to leave because his nose was bleeding profusely.

Expect better performance from both teams next week.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict Friends will be the biggest disappointment of the year.

I also predict a surprise team will challenge for the title in group 3B..

. I also hope Shaheen does well in division 1, and ends in the top half of the table, and predict Cambiasso will come back down to Div 2.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions after round 1.
Shaheen, are you with Caspian now? Did Friends lose some guys to them?
I thought Friends would benefit with Shaheen's promotion.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word from the Pacifica lads was that they had a only a couple of subs and everyone wasn't in shape to keep up with Metropolitan. Hopefully they'll be running better next week.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions after round 1.
Shaheen, are you with Caspian now? Did Friends lose some guys to them?
I thought Friends would benefit with Shaheen's promotion.

Most of the good Shaheen rejects are with Parsi in Burnaby League's top division.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word from the Pacifica lads was that they had a only a couple of subs and everyone wasn't in shape to keep up with Metropolitan. Hopefully they'll be running better next week.

Hopefully not.
Looks like David Lam is not ready, Pacifica-Strathcona got moved to Kensington North, pitch that was not playable this week?!?!?!

Signmaster - new powerhouse in div3? Trece, your report is due!

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes united, you are correct. i see norwest united lost to the pumas, does anyone know anything about these teams?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster - new powerhouse in div3? Trece, your report is due!

Not exactly a "new powerhouse.":rolleyes: They have done some helpful recruiting, but are still on the verge of being a masters' team. They benefited heavily from us only having 10 players available, and took advantage of the extra time, space, and a rookie keeper to knock the ball around quite nicely. Add into the mix that 3 of our 10 had already played a full 90 that morning for our masters' team and by the end of the game the legs were falling off. 1-0 at the half and some respectable chances that went begging both ways, but tired legs started telling and they caught us after that. 5-0 final; guaranteed that it won't be happening again.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now the score makes sense. We could've landed you couple of guys, we had 19 for our game.
End of season predictions:
A
1.Metropolitan FC
2.NV Average Joes 'A'
3.Strathcona United
4.PCOV Europa
5.B' United
6.Friends United
7.Signmaster FC
8.Killarney Celtic
9.Pylons
10.Pacifica WTFC
B
1.Ante-Up United
2.Caspian FC
3.Bosna SC
4.Pumas FC
5.Astro-Matic
6.Bari FC
7.Cosmos SC
8.Vancouver Chaos
9.Cliff Sr. Cobra
10.NorWest United

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I'm going to put off my predictions for the season until I get to play a game myself, so after game day 4.
Pacifica-Strathcona got moved to Kensington North, pitch that was not playable this week?!?!?
No idea on the field changes, but perhaps it was strategic in order to slow up the game after being run into the ground United... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0