Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2012- 2013 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bosnia was leading till a minute to go, Slovacian Stalian went through four five guys he was fauled by one of the Bosnian defenders. From a free kick one of the Slovacian Stalions hit bomb of a shot and tied the game up.
Finall score one one.
Stalion plays better out than he used to play in goal.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to hear Pacifica had a better showing this weekend, although it sounds like we were still under heavy pressure for most of the game. I'll catch you on the flip side of the schedule united.
8-1 is another ouch score. Any insight Trece?

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacifica wasn't under pressure at all, they controlled midfield but couldn't get behind our back six. Our new style of play: patience and counter attacks. Just have to work on staying onside.
You only had one sub today, that didn't help in the heat.
Interesting, 5 teams with 6 pts and 5 with 0.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing your backup keeper and starting with 10 players still doesn't help you win games, despite new jerseys (yes, we're finally green again). Player #11 was Catorce Verde who played his first game with the big dogs, and made it memorable by being late...:rolleyes: Down 3-bagel after 10 minutes and 3 shots on goal, so a keeper change was warranted. Settled things down a bit, but not enough, and the half finished 5-0. Had a better 2nd half and got one back through Rinaldi opening his account for the team, but too little too late, despite the chances that went begging. This team should be settled for next game, with the rest of our Irish contingent finally straggling back into town with their GFA hangovers and hurling sticks.

Some positive notes with our new signings from the youth program contributing positively and with some grit - 4 clinical slide tackles by Catorce, and a red following two yellows for going hard for our other young lad in the back. Definitely showed that this was the first time playing together for many of these guys; they can only get better.

In terms of B's, they have picked up some young guys themselves, and aren't a bad side, but would say that from what I've seen so far, Met are still going to be the team to beat. B's have a large, relatively mobile keeper, and the earth-shattering return of Pete Bains didn't hurt either, as Bubbles was able to coax him out of retirement. They will probably be in the middle of the table again.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caspian 3 - Norwest 1

at half time it was 0-0. Caspian had all the chances and had 2 or 3 breakaways and should have been leading by a couple goals at half time. we played at Jericho turf, and Norwest did not have a proper game ball and so we had to use our ball and the game kept stopping because the ball would get kicked over the fence and wed have to wait to get it so many times. not to mention that the referee decided that after every foul he would talk to the players and bring in the captains and tell them to keep everyone from talking, even though it wasn't a dirty game he felt the need to stop and start the game . there was no flow and that helped out norwest as Caspian could not get into a groove. Finally in the beginning of the second half Caspian started to assert themselves and the game changed. Early on a cross from our left winger was met by a strong header from a forward and the goalie just managed to make a wonderful save, but shortly after, a great pass through from the center midfielder sent the forward 1-1 with the keeper and a great first touch put him around the goalie and an wide open net to score the first goal for Caspian. Minutes later Caspian scored again through a nice run and some nice passes and a great finish by the left midfielder. 2-0 Caspian and it seems like smooth sailing until on a harmless rush the right midfielder gets caught sleeping and keeps the center forward onside and he runs in and the goalie goes up to get it then stops and retreats meanwhile the forward chips the ball and its game on at 2-1. Caspian then have another dilemma as their left midfielder gets a bloody nose and suddenly they are down to 10 men for a few minutes and Norwest have the upper hand . A couple of scary moments are cleared by the right defender for caspian and when the left midfielder returns on the pitch he makes a beautiful pass and switches the ball to the right midfielder, you makes up for his offside mistake by scoring on what appeared to be a cross, from 30 yards out. (it is worth noting that the right midfielder took a free kick from the right side in the first half that hit the crossbar too)

at the end it was a game Caspian controlled from start to finish with a little lapse almost costing them the 3 points. lots of things to learn from this one, but a good second half and a good result.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacifica wasn't under pressure at all, they controlled midfield but couldn't get behind our back six. Our new style of play: patience and counter attacks.

Against a team with 1 sub? Couldn't quite bring yourselves to run them into the ground?

Hopefully, we can pull it together to start getting some results. I'm on deck to face B's, but still out for Signmaster next week. ]
It looks like we may have a had stretch scheduled against the stronger half of the table to start off, given the results.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't look like we are going to run anyone into the ground. Wouldn't be fair to Pacifica anyway, they look like a good bunch. One of few games without drama and tension, one yellow card and about 10 fouls in total.
1 yellow and no reds in 2 games for us after 7 reds last season.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
running past 4-5 players? i wish... can't remember the last time i was able to jog... anyhow, Bosna played well, had very good chances, their goal was one hell of a cracker that perhaps even i wouldnt be able to stop... i hope we can get a win under out belt now... we should have won vs cobra. we were leading 2:0 till about 80 mins, turned off our legs and they scored two goals on two defensive errors.. we should have won at least by 4, missed 6 breakaways lol

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca your back five stay back way to far. They alow other team mids to build speed before they get to top of 18. They must take away midfield play in orther for you guys to pres more.
Nice to see you still kicking a ball having fun. Is your brow playing.
If I have time I might watch you guys next week. Best of luck in your next game.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
United I have coached for thirty five years in VMSL and PCSL. I love the game of soccer. VMSL is a good league with bit of adjustment. We need 16 teams per each division. Forget the Cat system. Premier 12 clubs all the rest 16 clubs per group.
Two move up two go down. Each game would mean allot more. Some clubs showup with 9 guys. $150.00 dollars fine for clubs that showup with nine guys. Season has just started.
Setup from div one to div five. Kids that just finish U18 could form div five team and move up the ladder. As is to me it looks chaildish. Masters are fine as is.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with your plan for restructure.
Never understood A, B, C groups.
If you want 20 teams in div3, make it a 19 games season, one group with every team playing eachother once.
Or make 5-6 smaller divisions.
CAT is pointless, especially when, in it, you have teams not affiliated with anyone.
Maybe we can nominate you Mr.Base for the board or smt. next year

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
a,b,c makes sence only if they are sub divisions. so div3 A would be the strongest. I think it would make the league way better. Whats the point of having a group where 5 out of 10 teams can't play good enough.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbtca that's why you would have div four and div five. You would not see scores ten zip in div three. Stracure is very important.VMSL board of directors does a good job, but with only four guys running the hole thing is much for Rubin. He is a good guy, alone doing it is it very hard for him.Just game changes and fields is one mans job.
Some U18 sides have played four years together, by letting them come in to league as a team it would only improve VMSL.
In div four and five you could spend bit of time on development. In div three and up it's all about wininig.
I have watched few games so far and I see clubs comming to play with 9 guys. To me that's the biggest problem. Clubs pay to play in the legue. It becomes a joke for better teams.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick hit predictions and one more weekend with me not on the pitch. I'm getting antsy thinking about all the footy I'm missing:
3A:
Strathcona
Metro
B's
Friends

3B:
Bosna
Chaos-Cosmos Tie
Ante-up
Caspian
Bari

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strathcona - PCOV Europa tie
Metro - NorVan tie
Killarney - Friends
Signmaster - Pacifica tie
B United - Pylons

Bari - Astro
Caspian - Cobra
Anteup - NorWest
Pumas - Bosna
Chaos - Cosmos

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos will surprize lots of teams. Their D is beter than many other clubs have. Bosna will give everybody the creaps. They play good soccer. Chaos need to come to play their next game. They have the guns.

baback

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
pacifica and united -- you guys forgot the biggest game of the season!!....

Liverpool 2-1 United :wa::bronco::knvb:

as for div three..

Strathcona 2-2 PCOV
Metro 3-1 NorVan
Killarney 1-1 Friends
Signmaster 3-2 Pacifica
B United 4-2 Pylons

Bari 4 - 2 Astro
Anteup 2-1 NorWest
Pumas 1-2 Bosna
Chaos 3-2 Cosmos

Status