Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL AGM June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so some agree to disagree on the whole admin pay thing...

Does anyone have opinions on the issues relating to the treasurer being elected and having a vote (proposed) vs the current situation of an appointed treasurer that doesn't have a vote?

What about the motion to have the admin totally not connected in any way shape or form to any member club or coaching position etc?

As for the election, as I understand it the President and two directors are up for re-election, Kevin Uppal, should he win the presidency, would leave an open Vice Pres role to have an election for... I think I heard the guys up for re election were Will Peacock (LUFC) and Brandt Watkins (PAU) I could be wrong... but that is what I was told... Are these guys planning to re run?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is more to the Treasurer being allowed to vote...Its also to disolve an Executive position to make room for the Treasurers position.

Personally I like the Treasurer being allowed to vote but I think it would be better to add him to the 6 Executive positions to make 7 total
If you take a look at this years attendance by Executives..its not been as good as you would think.
More Executives means more at the meetings when others cant make it..

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so some agree to disagree on the whole admin pay thing...

Does anyone have opinions on the issues relating to the treasurer being elected and having a vote (proposed) vs the current situation of an appointed treasurer that doesn't have a vote?

What about the motion to have the admin totally not connected in any way shape or form to any member club or coaching position etc?

As for the election, as I understand it the President and two directors are up for re-election, Kevin Uppal, should he win the presidency, would leave an open Vice Pres role to have an election for... I think I heard the guys up for re election were Will Peacock (LUFC) and Brandt Watkins (PAU) I could be wrong... but that is what I was told... Are these guys planning to re run?

I think the treasurer should have a vote because they see and take care of the financial side of things, so they see where the money is coming in and what's happening to it, and what more is need and so on. So something like a pay raise they actually would know if it's a good idea or not in relation to the league finances and then can vote on it.

In terms of the admin being separated from or not holding an official position with a club or team, in any shape of form, it's simply addressing and resolving a conflict of interest issue. I mean the admin schedules games, and so on. And if someone officially holds a position with a club, it just gets people wondering and can cause suspicion, like what happened this year. That's probably why it was motioned in the first place for this AGM.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In terms of the admin being separated from or not holding an official position with a club or team, in any shape of form, it's simply addressing and resolving a conflict of interest issue. I mean the admin schedules games, and so on. And if someone officially holds a position with a club, it just gets people wondering and can cause suspicion, like what happened this year. That's probably why it was motioned in the first place for this AGM.
What specifically happened this year?:confused:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe what your all referring to was the Pak semi final where the game was moved from Turf to Grass (shti grass to boot) and Bob (Moody) vs POCO and ME (ACBC) vs PAU were not informed of the move....
Accident or forgot to inform us led to accusations....I belive that there was so much going on and everyone was so excited to play that the job of notifiying everyone was overlooked....still the job was affected by being involved in the semifinals and definitely (arguably)affecting the outcome of the game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, fcuk off... we've been through this. The game was never moved it was always on grass. We were smart enough to inquire, you weren't. Every single one of your players had the proper footwear on when the game started. Why don't you blame the fact you had 10 or 11 at kick off or the 4 or 5 guys that showed up at half time as being the distraction or perhaps the piss ass way you prepared by playing keep away 10 minutes prior as a warm up. FFS, you lost. We both played a heck of game and in the end your poor PK's decided it. Stop passing the buck.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, fcuk off... we've been through this. The game was never moved it was always on grass. We were smart enough to inquire, you weren't. Every single one of your players had the proper footwear on when the game started. Why don't you blame the fact you had 10 or 11 at kick off or the 4 or 5 guys that showed up at half time as being the distraction or perhaps the piss ass way you prepared by playing keep away 10 minutes prior as a warm up. FFS, you lost. We both played a heck of game and in the end your poor PK's decided it. Stop passing the buck.

Oh, You Fukc off...We have been through this so many times...

All My players did NOT have proper boots ..
I dont remember you checkng each players boots dureing the game...I DID.
3 guys borrowed used wet boots from moody who just played.
The players that came late came late because they had turned around and went back home to get grass boots after one of my desperate phone calls.
Not at half time but at Kickoff.
They went in before half..get your story straight if you want people to believe it
My team spent most of the warmup calling/finding/borrowing grass boots and thier heads were not in the game because of it.
Some boots arrived at half for 2 of the guys...
I never called to see if GATES was GRASS because that grass field with Holes being filled by Thomas pregame and crooked nets has never been used ...EVER
Premier GATES IS GATES IS GATES....TURF!

Now...No matter if its grass to turf or turf to grass ...its the person who changes the fields, job, to notify all the teams involved...

The big question here is ...why would you think that GATES could mean grass......
Why would you even think the game may be moved to grass...That grass practice field is shti so why move the game onto it..??
Why would you even consider calling to see...
Bob never did and he runs Pt.Moody and is very expereanced...
I didnt but Im an idiot...So why you and only you???
Hey??

AAhh yes ....Thats why your the B Allstar Coach !

You probable carry 2 sets of boots everywhere you go to...just incase..
You never know when a turf game is being moved to grass because.....
no wait its grass to turf because of rain...Why would you move a Turf game????

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play div2/3 and I used to have three sets of boots in my bag until I bought those nice Adidas F50's that you can change. and in fact most guys I play with have more then one set of boots in there bags just in case.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You see the difference between me and almost everyone else...Is I actually will do something ...most of you just complain and will never do a dam thing.
You take 2 minutes to bash someone on here yet you wont show up to the AGM..
I dare you to all show up.

In this case you are the one doing the most bitching and moaning. I would show up if I cared a hell of a lot and had a big issue w/ how the league has been managed (I don't care a hell of a lot, and actually think the league has improved from a management standpoint consistently over the last few years).

If investing in a compensation package to secure a good administrator helps keep stability in the league office, it will get my "vote" every time. We all know my vote gets bulked in w/ LUFC, but again...if I had concerns I'd make sure I was present for our own AGM to vote on issues. As well, I feel the FVSL BOD should receive some form of monetary compensation...a small bonus (i.e.: $1500.00 / year, or scaled around that, based on position). I don't know if they have been or not, as it has been eons since I've read the minutes or financial report, but in general, I support the idea of financial compensation in exchange for real work.

Ghouse...you are coming accross as a bitter man right now. Do you need a hug?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The big question here is ...why would you think that GATES could mean grass......
Why would you even think the game may be moved to grass...That grass practice field is shti so why move the game onto it..??
Why would you even consider calling to see...
Bob never did and he runs Pt.Moody and is very expereanced...
I didnt but Im an idiot...So why you and only you???
Hey??

I'll field this one.

The reasons I would check:

1. Gates has two grass pitches. Over the years, I've played on both. Several times.
2. This was a Semi Final Cup game, and everyone knows that, over the years, host teams make every effort to play these games on Grass.

I would have expected Grass, in fact, and likely only packed turf shoes as a contingency.

With all due respect, don't blame being stupid on others.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IIRC the only Pak Semis not played on grass in the last LONG time has been when LUFC hosted, and it was because the grass at MAP was a mess, so they played on turf at the oval... I think that has happened twice in the last 4 or 5 years.

And no, I didn't get any phonecalls, I thought better of what I had posted and thought I'd let others say their piece ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
HUG ME NOW PLEASE!
Im over it .
Dont try to wind me up today ...Its my Bday and Im going to see if Im haveing a boy or girl at the clinic..Ultra Sound day..
So Piss off the lot of you...

Yes I bred ..I said Piss off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0