Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL D3] Results & Banter March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

liverpool08

Sep 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya it was the express that were dirty. they arent going anywhere. are both the rockets and pacific going up to div 2? or is pacific going to stay down in div 3 again?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector,
The other thing, i hear a rumour your might retire? any truth behind that? id strongly encourage u to play again..its fun playing against u and u still got it

I haven't made my mind up about playing next year. I'll have to wait and see.I'm leaning toward hanging up the boots.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya it was the express that were dirty. they arent going anywhere. are both the rockets and pacific going up to div 2? or is pacific going to stay down in div 3 again?
they will make that decision closer to the new season , dont see why they would move up this year , had a simerler year last year and stayed down , althugh canuckboy say they are moving on up .
Also I agree with you and KH on the poco express thing , they kicked the shhit out of me and a few of my guys , wankers , football was awfull too .

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
(I haven't made my mind up about playing next year. I'll have to wait and see.I'm leaning toward hanging up the boots.)

You hang em up and I'll perdonally come find you and kick your ass (even if you are bigger than me). Your too good to call it quits you still got it as you proved when you played against us a couple of weeks ago.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So some things are still to be decided for final placement,which teams are the best of div.3 and which teams should go up that didn't finish in a promotion spot.
I have to say North Delta in 3C was by far the best team we have played. They have good talen, but just need to get a few stronger players on their back line and be a little more aggressive. They will be in for a rude awakening when they go into Div.2 and teams start putting a body on them...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say North Delta in 3C was by far the best team we have played. They have good talen, but just need to get a few stronger players on their back line and be a little more aggressive. They will be in for a rude awakening when they go into Div.2 and teams start putting a body on them...
absolutely, when we played physical against them they were lost. get physical early and it throws them off their game.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So some things are still to be decided for final placement,which teams are the best of div.3 and which teams should go up that didn't finish in a promotion spot.

There are actually a lot of Div.3 teams that deserve a shot at Div.2 and/or should be there. But commitment is a big issue for most teams Div.3 teams. Most have good core 8-9 players, but in Div.2 you need 18-20 good skilled committed players that show up to basically all practices and games on time ready to go. As shown by some teams in Div.2 this year, if guys don't show up regularly with solid commitment than you are pretty much destined to battle it out in the relegation zone.

In our Division 3B, there are a lot of teams, Cloverdale, Clones, Chaos, and Vault FC that should and/or could compete in Div.2. Vault FC especially after there Presidents Cup. Solid core group, good players. But again for all teams it depends what the commitment level is in Div.2 and how players are committed to all practices and games.

Anyways, Good Luck to Vault FC in the Semis. If they are solid defensively and can finish their scoring chances. I have them upsetting Guildford in next round.

Cheers.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
(I haven't made my mind up about playing next year. I'll have to wait and see.I'm leaning toward hanging up the boots.)

You hang em up and I'll perdonally come find you and kick your ass (even if you are bigger than me). Your too good to call it quits you still got it as you proved when you played against us a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Reds. I was really turned off by guys not showing up for games. its one thing for guys to miss practice. But missing games??? I had to miss one har or there for work. but when you have 30+ guys signed you'd think you would get more then 8 to 10 guys out.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyways, Good Luck to Vault FC in the Semis. If they are solid defensively and can finish their scoring chances. I have them upsetting Guildford in next round.

Cheers.

I have picked Vault all along this cup run... and should have made some bets too! That being said...

If anyone thinks they are going to upset Guildford they have another thing coming. Guildford is a very good team, and as good as Vault's run has been, it is going to come to an end on Saturday. Vault can win, as in we play the games for a reason, however I just don't see it.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC United finish 1st place 3B :knvb::wa::bronco:

Why did The Clones have points deducted?:rolleyes:

Can't wait for 7-7. Good luck to all teams:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
they will make that decision closer to the new season , dont see why they would move up this year , had a simerler year last year and stayed down , althugh canuckboy say they are moving on up .
Also I agree with you and KH on the poco express thing , they kicked the shhit out of me and a few of my guys , wankers , football was awfull too .

Just so you all know...At the last league meeting I was at, 2 weeks ago, the topic of religation and promotion was talked about. I asked and was told that all teams winning promotion WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT. No more staying back if you win your division.
So we shall see what will happen...

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so you all know...At the last league meeting I was at, 2 weeks ago, the topic of religation and promotion was talked about. I asked and was told that all teams winning promotion WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT. No more staying back if you win your division.
So we shall see what will happen...

So the Gunners would have two teams in Div1?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The League would likely make an exception for clubs that are actually using the club system properly, and thus not force them to move up as the Gummers already have a team in D1, if those were their grounds for wanting to not take their promotion.

However if the SFC Rangers were to Win D1, they couldn't refuse this year (so ghouse says) because SFC doesn't have a Prem team currently... although SFC have 2 teams in D1 currently in the Rangers and Strikers...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be stupid to run a league with rules that have no exception. Some rules obviously have to be absolute... like the Fifa laws etc. But to say that a team must take promotion, in Pomo's case, is ridiculous. It leaves a massive gap for them in Div 2...

Currently the Pomo Gunners are:
Midpack Premier
4th in D1
Won their D2 pool
don't have a D3 team
Ran away with U-21.

Where do their U-21 guys go?
Do they hi-jack another Pomo team and just re-brand them the Gunners?

The league, THIS league specifically, has always rewarded clubs and teams in club systems. Forcing them to go to d1 would be the opposite of that.

Good on PoMo for running 100% like a club, no need to punish them now by making them move if they don't want to, under the pretense of ensuring they have a team at every level for their pool of players that has to be close approaching 100 in the Gunners program altogether.

I know other clubs have 2 teams in D1 and 1 in premier, LUFC. But you also need to realize, when you make that argument, that Langley is a HUGE club. PoMo are not even close the size of LUFC, both D1 teams finished in the top 10 of Div 1, and could likely field another D1 team as well.

PAU has 2 in D1 and 1 in premier, but that's about to change with their Selects team looking like it's about to be relegated.

Making a team move up or down should be absolute, unless the move will leave a big gap in the club structure. Remember that not all teams in this league are in a club, and not all clubs function as such either.

ACBC not being invited/declining said invite/not asking to move to D1 after their performance in D2 & Cup last year is an example where common sense should have prevailed and they should have played in D1 this year.

SFC Rangers winning D1 last year and not moving up should not have happened, they should have moved.

Westcoast SC talking their way back to D2 this year did nobody any favors as teams like BC United, Vault, ND, or many others could have filled in D2 nicely. In fact I'm sure Westcoast could have got a few new guys in if they were in D3 and guys didn't know that they were in for a long 2-3 win season at best in D2... they might have won their way back up to D2.

As far as going up without earning it... Div 1's Stolo and the Coyotes are proof of what you get when you hop up without earning it.

Sentinel is an anomaly based on them taking a few good players from elsewhere (other D1 teams) to add to their already awesome D2 calibre team from their year in D3, and they still finished in the middle to bottom half of D1

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The League would likely make an exception for clubs that are actually using the club system properly, and thus not force them to move up as the Gummers already have a team in D1, if those were their grounds for wanting to not take their promotion.

However if the SFC Rangers were to Win D1, they couldn't refuse this year (so ghouse says) because SFC doesn't have a Prem team currently... although SFC have 2 teams in D1 currently in the Rangers and Strikers...
but is it that there will be 2 div 1s this coming yr , A and B , if thats the case then through the gunners one of each .

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
good call Lee, never thought of that... Although if the pools are drawn up based on geography I don't see how you stick a Pomo side in there without someone having a moan about the distances needed to travel frequently...

If they are at random then what happens if they draw the same pool?

The reason PoMo wants a team in D2 is so that when their D1 side needs guys, or needs a spot to develop someone for the club etc, they have it. Having 2 D1 teams doesn't help anyone except their premier side. And their U-21 team graduates will be cannon fodder in d1 without a bit of time playing D2 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0