Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL D3] Results & Banter March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be stupid to run a league with rules that have no exception. Some rules obviously have to be absolute... like the Fifa laws etc. But to say that a team must take promotion, in Pomo's case, is ridiculous. It leaves a massive gap for them in Div 2...

Currently the Pomo Gunners are:
Midpack Premier
4th in D1
Won their D2 pool
don't have a D3 team
Ran away with U-21.

Where do their U-21 guys go?
Do they hi-jack another Pomo team and just re-brand them the Gunners?

The league, THIS league specifically, has always rewarded clubs and teams in club systems. Forcing them to go to d1 would be the opposite of that.

Good on PoMo for running 100% like a club, no need to punish them now by making them move if they don't want to, under the pretense of ensuring they have a team at every level for their pool of players that has to be close approaching 100 in the Gunners program altogether.

I know other clubs have 2 teams in D1 and 1 in premier, LUFC. But you also need to realize, when you make that argument, that Langley is a HUGE club. PoMo are not even close the size of LUFC, both D1 teams finished in the top 10 of Div 1, and could likely field another D1 team as well.

PAU has 2 in D1 and 1 in premier, but that's about to change with their Selects team looking like it's about to be relegated.

Making a team move up or down should be absolute, unless the move will leave a big gap in the club structure. Remember that not all teams in this league are in a club, and not all clubs function as such either.

ACBC not being invited/declining said invite/not asking to move to D1 after their performance in D2 & Cup last year is an example where common sense should have prevailed and they should have played in D1 this year.

SFC Rangers winning D1 last year and not moving up should not have happened, they should have moved.

Westcoast SC talking their way back to D2 this year did nobody any favors as teams like BC United, Vault, ND, or many others could have filled in D2 nicely. In fact I'm sure Westcoast could have got a few new guys in if they were in D3 and guys didn't know that they were in for a long 2-3 win season at best in D2... they might have won their way back up to D2.

As far as going up without earning it... Div 1's Stolo and the Coyotes are proof of what you get when you hop up without earning it.

Sentinel is an anomaly based on them taking a few good players from elsewhere (other D1 teams) to add to their already awesome D2 calibre team from their year in D3, and they still finished in the middle to bottom half of D1

I agree with , If you win your division you must move up....Club systems should not be treated any different..If they use the system properly they should win the lower division (or close to it) every year. If you dont make them move up ,,,you will always have a club team at the top because they can sign players down. Yes thats ok ,but they must move up if they win the division to keep it fair and even.
As for ACBC last year..we were a 500 club and only did well in the cup after i signed like 8 new players in January...and I new they were not comeing back...so we did not earn our promotion and were not ready to move up and we only had guys who were a 500 div 2 team returning...
Yes we were able to sign a bunch of good new players right at the start of the season...but who knew they were comein ....

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be stupid to run a league with rules that have no exception. Some rules obviously have to be absolute... like the Fifa laws etc. But to say that a team must take promotion, in Pomo's case, is ridiculous. It leaves a massive gap for them in Div 2...

Currently the Pomo Gunners are:
Midpack Premier
4th in D1
Won their D2 pool
don't have a D3 team
Ran away with U-21.

Where do their U-21 guys go?
Do they hi-jack another Pomo team and just re-brand them the Gunners?

The league, THIS league specifically, has always rewarded clubs and teams in club systems. Forcing them to go to d1 would be the opposite of that.

Good on PoMo for running 100% like a club, no need to punish them now by making them move if they don't want to, under the pretense of ensuring they have a team at every level for their pool of players that has to be close approaching 100 in the Gunners program altogether.

I know other clubs have 2 teams in D1 and 1 in premier, LUFC. But you also need to realize, when you make that argument, that Langley is a HUGE club. PoMo are not even close the size of LUFC, both D1 teams finished in the top 10 of Div 1, and could likely field another D1 team as well.

PAU has 2 in D1 and 1 in premier, but that's about to change with their Selects team looking like it's about to be relegated.

Making a team move up or down should be absolute, unless the move will leave a big gap in the club structure. Remember that not all teams in this league are in a club, and not all clubs function as such either.

ACBC not being invited/declining said invite/not asking to move to D1 after their performance in D2 & Cup last year is an example where common sense should have prevailed and they should have played in D1 this year.

SFC Rangers winning D1 last year and not moving up should not have happened, they should have moved.

Westcoast SC talking their way back to D2 this year did nobody any favors as teams like BC United, Vault, ND, or many others could have filled in D2 nicely. In fact I'm sure Westcoast could have got a few new guys in if they were in D3 and guys didn't know that they were in for a long 2-3 win season at best in D2... they might have won their way back up to D2.

As far as going up without earning it... Div 1's Stolo and the Coyotes are proof of what you get when you hop up without earning it.

Sentinel is an anomaly based on them taking a few good players from elsewhere (other D1 teams) to add to their already awesome D2 calibre team from their year in D3, and they still finished in the middle to bottom half of D1
i think the magpie of div 3 are part of the gunners , they wear the same kit , .

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All PM teams wear the same kit, but we are not gunners. We have our own training, different manager/coach. Although, we have sent some of our guys up to the gunners to play, and we have used some of their U21's ... so maybe we are? lol

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
A calculator???

I wanted to know why the league would take 4 points away from a team , give another team the first place and then give the 4 points back .

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a glitch in the internal systems when the standings were updated last. No harm no foul everythings been corrected. Clones 1st BC United 2nd.

Though I still don't think Clones deserve the title. A third place Div.2 team last year, coming down, anyways....whatever. :rolleyes:

Good season, lots of good soccer this year, now onto to Knights League. I sure hope they update their standings regularly this year, last year i think they stopped after week 4.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Clones were about to fold, a new guy took them over.

Aside from a few of the old guard coming down from Masters to help them out here and there they were basically a new team from the Clones of last year and before.

The Son of the old Manager of the team took them over this year.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a glitch in the internal systems when the standings were updated last. No harm no foul everythings been corrected. Clones 1st BC United 2nd.

Though I still don't think Clones deserve the title. A third place Div.2 team last year, coming down, anyways....whatever. :rolleyes:

Good season, lots of good soccer this year, now onto to Knights League. I sure hope they update their standings regularly this year, last year i think they stopped after week 4.
JB wont update the knights league website , i been playing that league for 5 summers , sure enough 3 or 4 weeks in it goas to rat shhit . what team you play for in the knights league ??

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
i scored 5 against you guys last season , over 2 games , anything new with you guys this yr

Oh you meant last season in Knights League. I played briefly on FVFC Celtic last year.

This BC United team is in it's first year as a team/club. Totally new team. We were in Div.3b this year. First year in Knights League as well.

The team that was Knights, VMSL, and/or BMSL last year all folded i believe or changed their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0