Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The langely goalie was very good. He is going to be be a quality keeper for some time. Langely had a few young kids playing and they seemed to do well. Predator was right we came out flat and full marks to Langely for catching us sleeping with the quick free kick to score. I thought we were the better team in the second half but could not get a goal.

There are going to be games like that in a season and we are not going to win them all.

Notice no excuses made for loosing the game. If you don't want to loose a game again take responsibility for it don't make excuses.

Tough game on Friday on the Ranger's home pitch. Sould be fun!

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The langely goalie was very good. He is going to be be a quality keeper for some time. Langely had a few young kids playing and they seemed to do well. Predator was right we came out flat and full marks to Langely for catching us sleeping with the quick free kick to score. I thought we were the better team in the second half but could not get a goal.

There are going to be games like that in a season and we are not going to win them all.

Notice no excuses made for loosing the game. If you don't want to loose a game again take responsibility for it don't make excuses.

Tough game on Friday on the Ranger's home pitch. Sould be fun!

Only if you consider losing to be fun.:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colton Keam ......
. The kid is absolutely textbook.

By textbook do you mean, he didnt try to set up a wall with a free kick 25-30 yards out and then proceed to watch the ball sail into the top corner of the net?

;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I meant is that he's obviously been very well coached, and that he weighs about as much as my 1st year Financial Management textbook. Maybe less.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only if you consider losing to be fun.:D

We will see about the losing part. I hope you don't expect us to concede the points before we play. We will be able to deal with you old f@cker's better than a bunch of kids anyways b/c we are all old f@ckers as well.

Like I said, Friday will be fun

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I don't know how to quote from other threads, in response to Dude and a backstabbing comment, I have merely reiterated on here what I told my coach in person, so I'm not sure how that results in backstabbing. Enlighten me please.

And Johnny, about the benching, looking back it was deserved. There was nothing wrong with what I said, but I should have went about it another way. Sucks sitting when you know you can help though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I don't know how to quote from other threads, in response to Dude and a backstabbing comment, I have merely reiterated on here what I told my coach in person, so I'm not sure how that results in backstabbing. Enlighten me please.

You had a private conversation w/ him (or, what should have been "Team" only).

You decided it was appropriate to tell everyone on a public forum about it, and how he's ruined your season.

Enlighten? You can't be that thick?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had a private conversation w/ him (or, what should have been "Team" only).

You decided it was appropriate to tell everyone on a public forum about it, and how he's ruined your season.

Enlighten? You can't be that thick?

As far as appropriate goes I've acknowledged I didn't go about things in the best way, but my frustration reached a boiling point so that's what happened. I still don't see it as backstabbing seeing as we had the conversation and I wasn't going behind his back to voice my frustrations.

Season isn't ruined, we still have 9 games left and our new signings have worked themselves in to the team, so things are looking up. That and being at the bottom there's really only one way you can go :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I have a fight w/ my wife about something personal, I don't go on the intraweb and broadcast it to the world.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't have a problem or issue with what Stall posted (To keep the topic alive ;) )
If he and his teammates aired their dirty laundry with him and posted it on TTP I don't see a problem.

If they hadn't talked to Darryl and then came on hear and ripped him, well different story.

Wife issues doesn't equal coaching issues either, poor example/metaphor.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I have a fight w/ my wife about something personal, I don't go on the intraweb and broadcast it to the world.

Keep stirring the pot.

There is a big difference between disclosing the details of a fight or personal discussion, and simply calling a spade a spade.

For Example, it is acceptable for you to go on TTP and post that KNVB is CNUT, however it is NOT acceptable for you to disclose the conversations you whispered to each other bedside. (Besides, it is doubtfull he could talk clearly while eating a cockmeat sandwich.)

Either way... Go Stallion Go, bring down the tyrant!

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In some cases the wife runs the show much like a coach, and in other cases can guide a man through the trials and tribulations of life - if she works in the capacity of a "life coach". So the metaphor is appropriate in some instances. The case / experience that applies to Dude isn't clear.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To keep it even more alive, what if a coach calls his team out on a public forum, and does so in person? What's that considered? Is that any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0