Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Dewdney over PAU. We had like 80% of the game play and a million scoring chances and somehow managed to lose. And lol at a team of 40 year olds bitching like a bunch of babies. Enjoy your win and grow up please.

And to #14, sorry your knee got hurt but it is obviously in our best interest to keep the game going. Allowing you guys to have a 10 minute break in the middle of the 2nd half with like 1 sub and no fitness is a ridiculous advanatage to you guys. Hope your knee is better as I hate to see anyone get hurt and I didn't mean to come accross as an ass during the game.

*edit* not everyone was bitching but you guys made sikh united look like the classiest team in the league. And we probably only had like 70% of the position and like 8 scoring chances. ex. 40 year old gets hit by a 16 year old and follows him down the field yelling and telling him he's gonna kick his ass...lol.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Athletics 6 Sikh 1

Dude with clinical finish all over the park.
I didn't even know Dude was Finish.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matkinson,
Don't fool yourself, your coach was the biggest whiner of all. You guys had some aweful tackles on us that the most refs would have stopped play to call, but tonight somehow they played on.
You guys pressed hard and obvisously weren't used to playing 2 goals down.

There was no complaining about anything but bad tackles.

Your goal came about 20 minutes into extra time in the first half. Ref played way over 45 and you guys took advantage.

Good thing Chubby Checker finished his 2 chances tonight to seal the deal.

I don't think either team played well tonight, but we played well enough to take all the points

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Dewdney over PAU. We had like 80% of the game play and a million scoring chances and somehow managed to lose. And lol at a team of 40 year olds bitching like a bunch of babies. Enjoy your win and grow up please.

And to #14, sorry your knee got hurt but it is obviously in our best interest to keep the game going. Allowing you guys to have a 10 minute break in the middle of the 2nd half with like 1 sub and no fitness is a ridiculous advanatage to you guys. Hope your knee is better as I hate to see anyone get hurt and I didn't mean to come accross as an ass during the game.

*edit* not everyone was bitching but you guys made sikh united look like the classiest team in the league. And we probably only had like 70% of the position and like 8 scoring chances. ex. 40 year old gets hit by a 16 year old and follows him down the field yelling and telling him he's gonna kick his ass...lol.

Inexperience cost you the game against a very depleted, but experienced Dewdney team. You had a 20 minute spurt in the first half after we clinically scored the first goal. That was it. You had a lot of chances, but they were all from 25 yards and some of them barely made it to the end line.

You did come across as an ass when our captain got hurt. When a player is hurt give him the courtesy to get himself together and continue to play or leave the playing field. A complete lack of class. 10 minutes is ridiculous as it was actually 2 or 3.

Whiners. The only whining came from your sidelines, mainly your coach and the large native fellow in the mack shirt. Lets talk about more inexperience. You are losing 2-1 and trying to press to even up the score. With 15 minutes left in the game, I go into a hard challenge, winning the ball and the ball goes out of bounds. Your player kicks me hard in the hamstring and takes a red card. That ruined your chances and hope of tying the game.

I think a fair result would have been 3-0 as your goal was a gift after a blatant hand ball by one of your players in the 50th minute of the first half. Since when is extra time played in the first half and not at the end of the game. Your team and coach have a lot to learn, a lot.

The Peace Arch premier team has a long history of winning and have always been a great team. Hopefully they have some other source of players because if your team is the feeder team, I see that winning tradition coming to an abrupt end.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still trying to figure out why the other Dewdney teams game was cancelled. All other games were on when i was there and I talked to AS at the fields and she said none were closed.
Whats' up with that?

Teams are playing on it today as well

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC DYNAMO 3 - ALDERGROVE Young Kids 0

Good old grass field in Aldergrove, took a ton of time to adjust to it for us but we managed to finish some chances and get the three points. Aldergrove was a clean, good spirited team for the most part and they battled hard until our 3rd goal.

Could have been a bit more lobsided but their keeper made 2 big saves late in the match.

Onto our BYE next weekend...

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when is extra time played in the first half and not at the end of the game. Your team and coach have a lot to learn, a lot.

JTL

r u kidding me...sice when is extra time played in first half..since ****ing soccer started dummy..you ever watch soccer on tv and the 4th offical holds up the board for extra time, it dosent matter what half it is......goes to show that you really dont know shite.....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly the refs watch went off signalling half over, then played for another 5-8 minutes longer. Then proceeded to give some lame excuse that his watch goes of every 3 minutes in the last 10 minutes of the half or something. Half should have been over long before thier goal, or at least he could have called the hand ball.

That doesn't excuse that we let up a bit and gave them the goal. And of course it's the refs discretion to add on time, but within reason usually.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
r u kidding me...sice when is extra time played in first half..since ****ing soccer started dummy..you ever watch soccer on tv and the 4th offical holds up the board for extra time, it dosent matter what half it is......goes to show that you really dont know shite.....

Just continue to lose and be in the bottom half dogbreath.

snowman

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No injuries or stoppages in the first half, so that means that it should have ended at 45 min. The play stopped only in the second half.

Whoa... That Utah professor looking dude was your coach? Shocking!

I think that you must have spelled winning(Whining) incorrectly. We were winning the whole game, while your "coach" was doing all the whining.

That's funny that we get trashed about our age by a team that's losing. What does that say about them? Let's see, were a bunch of fat old 40 year old whiners, that are the only ones other than Port Moody with winning division 1 still in their own hands.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are tight in the for a lot of clubs in Div 1 this year. Besides PoMo with 27pts and 11 games played everyone else in the top 9 or 10 is in a dogfight. I know some of you will say we have more games in hand but you still have to win them (Dewd Utd is a prime example).

Ranger 19pts 10 games
TWU 18pts 9 games
Dewd Utd 16pts 8 games
Warriors 16pts 10 games
PoCo 15pts 9 games
PAS 15pts 9 games
PAU 15pts 10 games
Athletic 15pts 11 games
Mission 14pts 8 games

9 teams within 5 points of eachother all with lots of games to play. All the games within that group will be make or break games for sure. It will be interesting to see how things fall out. It will make it more fun too, playing in games that mean something are more fun.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it'll be tight right down to the wire.
Port Moody hasn't been slaughtering teams like they started out with at the beginning so i think they're ripe for the picking right now. It'd be nice if they had 1 loss though.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it'll be tight right down to the wire.
Port Moody hasn't been slaughtering teams like they started out with at the beginning so i think they're ripe for the picking right now. It'd be nice if they had 1 loss though.

The difference is teams are getting pumped up to play POMO.
Every game we play is a battle because every team wants beat the Rangers.
It is really difficult to play 19 games when every game the other team is gunning for you.
Now that POMO are on top, every team is trying to measure themselves up against them.

Long winded, I know.
But my predicition is they finish the year with two losses and a few more ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0