Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] November '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, tough to take first if we cannot put teams away. Every tie this year has had missed point blank opportunities.........same as last year.

We scored twice on point blank oppurtunties, and had the goals called back because the ref was out to lunch. Or were not at those games?

Three if you include the header on Friday against PAS.

We are not getting the breaks.
Aside from the Sporting game where they gifted us a few goals early.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref still screwed up.

The player , we'll call him #7...would have scored. Period.

Instead of watching the ball in the air, he should have done better to watch the players.

Some refs have said the trick is to watch the players and listen for the kick of the ball.
Seems simple. No?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Instead of watching the ball in the air, he should have done better to watch the players.

Some refs have said the trick is to watch the players and listen for the kick of the ball.
Seems simple. No?

Since it was #7, there is no way he was offside anyway.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes three goals called back on Rangers #7 this year.

On a side note - all three matches ended in a tie. :eek: (6 points!)

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Seems simple. No?

he looked offside to me from my angle and probably true from refs angle... without real linesmen, very few (if any refs) get offsides correct... we had at least one offside that game that wasn't... and our player would have been in all alone on goal... hell, i've been called offside when one of the opposing team's players was a good 5 yards in front of me towards the net... it's part of div 1 soccer in fvsl, suck it up...

besides, as i said, if it wasn't whistled down before #7 took the header, chances are high that our keeper would have made the save or a d-man would have taken him out....

i think both teams only deserved 1-point in that game, as neither us nor you guys could really distinguish ourselves from the other...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think both teams only deserved 1-point in that game, as neither us nor you guys could really distinguish ourselves from the other...

Of Course, both teams deserved it ...just ask Dude.

That being said, I can guarantee that #7 was onside before the ball was kicked.

And my guarantees are as good as gold, just ask the Port Moody team last year.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
and i said the point is moot when there aren't any official linesmen and the ref can only see what he can from his angle... so again, i reiterate... suck it up...

and i always believe the guarantees from the opposing team:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We scored twice on point blank oppurtunties, and had the goals called back because the ref was out to lunch. Or were not at those games?

Three if you include the header on Friday against PAS.

We are not getting the breaks.
Aside from the Sporting game where they gifted us a few goals early.

Ahem...allow me to clear this up...

#1: Not getting the breaks? Sounds like an excuse.
#2: Had you been on-side, goal would have counted.

Simply, you just didn't deserve those 6 points dropped.

~smallvictories.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget Port Moody Lions..... could make it three Moody teams in Div.1....not sure if they are affiliated with the Gunners or if they are independent....anyone????

I don't think they are affiliated.....but I will go on record to say this team will be right back to div 2 the following year.

Curvature#2

Sep 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Lions are not affiliated with THE PM Gunners.... used to practice together every now and then but not sure what they are up to these days.... except for being in first place in div 2

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We do? Who? I would sure like to draw from them. We have no div. 2 teams or div 3 teams. I don't know if we can draw from Masters or not, but we don't use any of them.

Your club sytem, you have more then 1 team!

I.E all they got is to poach from other teams

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not necessarily, the Lions may not be part of the Gunners, but were more then happy to help them out when they need it. I'm not sure if they have this year, but I know in previous seasons they called up from the Gunners U21 team when they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0