Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the tail end of the Athletics, ND game. from the 40 min mark on. LUFC had a ton of chances, gained the box well but could not convert.

LUFC Subbed off the 50 year old guy in exchange for the 40 year old guy and the younger of the two served up the ball for the goal. Other than one particular tackle, the 50 year old guy was solid and ND was not a threat..

weird ending.. sorry mates.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, last night was extremely disappointing, and essentially the story of our season: failure to finish.

Man, once NDFC has that lead, they turn into a different team. They really know what to do when they are a goal up, and I can see why their results sheet shows the way it does.

That said, I felt this was our game for the most part. Their keeper was outstanding, while our finishing on clear point blank opportunities was diabolical. Our keeps had no tough saves, except for the one Sub mentioned above, which he had no chance on (and that's not a real mistake on his part...he was where he needed to be for what was happening right then and there).

In any event, it was a hard battle all night, and they deserved the result.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our keeps had no tough saves, except for the one Sub mentioned above, which he had no chance on (and that's not a real mistake on his part.

He had no chance at all on the goal, from our vantage about 10 yards away

Just to be clear I was talking about the defender that made the error. The one that replace George.

On a completely different note, I strongly suggest you all add some flavour to the beer cooler with some Granville Island Lions Winter Ale and / or some Shaftebury Winter Ale (the black and tan). Both are just champion, Bastards don't stock anything more than 6 packs though so it gets expensive.

In future, all you visiting teams feel free to wander over, we usually have the BBQ going (just find the big truck with BBQ in the back lol) and have plenty of food to go around. Otherwise we eat it all.....help us out!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, last night was extremely disappointing, and essentially the story of our season: failure to finish.

Man, once NDFC has that lead, they turn into a different team. They really know what to do when they are a goal up, and I can see why their results sheet shows the way it does.

That said, I felt this was our game for the most part. Their keeper was outstanding, while our finishing on clear point blank opportunities was diabolical. Our keeps had no tough saves, except for the one Sub mentioned above, which he had no chance on (and that's not a real mistake on his part...he was where he needed to be for what was happening right then and there).

In any event, it was a hard battle all night, and they deserved the result.

It's hard to say whether your team is having a run of bad luck around the net or really just can't finish. You have some stong players but if they can't score how useful are they. We are going throught the same thing as we used to move the ball around really well and hold possesion for most of the game. Now we can't make a pass to save our life. It's honestly frustrating to be a part of. The difference is we get 3 chances a game and score 1 then shut the door as we have the keeper to do it. We just battle for 90 and keep finding ways to win, well the same way 1-0.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a completely different note, I strongly suggest you all add some flavour to the beer cooler with some Granville Island Lions Winter Ale and / or some Shaftebury Winter Ale (the black and tan). Both are just champion, Bastards don't stock anything more than 6 packs though so it gets expensive.

Westside Athletics.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Athletics.

That coming from the Coke-Kokanee Surrey guys.

I try and offer the best selection around, full bar service for the Dynamo. Full stock rotation, seasonal specials and more. :D

anyhow... there was a forum started by O-dog for beer but it got canned....

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fifa laws of the game do not explicitly forbid swearing; they forbid offensive, insulting or abusive language. It's open to interpretation. Most refs wouldn't consider saying "shite" to be very offensive. Or if you're talking with a buddy in the middle of the pitch and say "that was a fukcing cracker of a goal", there's no chance you'd get a card.

great, so you can pull out a law book and recite it to me, bravo. I didn't think your feeble mind would be able to comprehend such technical language. it is open for interpretation, however common sense would tell you what you've just stated so I don't know why you feel you need to tell everyone, if you needed an ego boost I'm glad I could help you help, but maybe you should get back to coaching U12 girls and putting a clinic on them so you feel good about yourself.

anyways, idiots aside, Royals lost yet another 3 points due to a late goal, simply shocking soccer. Our 3rd string goalie played great, had it not been for the late goal GEU got, which was no fault of his, he would've had the shutout.
1-1 out in the boonies.

asshole out.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals lost yet another 3 points due to a late goal, simply shocking soccer. Our 3rd string goalie played great, had it not been for the late goal GEU got, which was no fault of his, he would've had the shutout.
1-1 out in the boonies.

asshole out.

You guys were outworked all game long, Geu took it to you guys for 90 minutes and honestly you didn't deserve 3 points and were lucky...very lucky on this day. You had one shot on goal.....ONE!

Great goal by FVCasade in the last few minutes!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's getting more painful every week to watch. I thought it was bad being on the field, but it's worse on the sidelines, to see us control a game and only come out with 1 point.
We need some finish. Hell i'd even take some German or Dutch, but more importantly we need more finish!

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyways, idiots aside... had it not been for the late goal GEU got, which was no fault of his, he would've had the shutout.

Okay, idiots aside... let me get this straight. If your keeper had not allowed a goal he would have had a shutout? Hmmm, can someone help me out here, I still don't get it.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grove 2 Coachmen 2

Good game for us again, to the coachmen it probably felt like a loss as they were up 2-0 after half (one of the goals bounced in off a guys head that wasn't even looking) Second half we really started to take it to them and continued in my opinion to have more possesion... we got fouled in the box converted on the PK - we kept the pressure up and I managed to sneak behind the defense and slot one home with about 10 mins left. Coachmen applied some pressure after this with one good scoing chance but in the end it was a draw that felt like a win for us.

By the way we played the first 10 mins a man down and our center back was in net...

Cantuzzi

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 Athletic Club BC Poco City Reserves 2-2 2 Yellow Cards

Waiting for Ghouse's report on the match.....
....and the poker tournament as well.

Huge points lost there!!!!!

Moody takes over first place.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grove 2 Coachmen 2

Good game for us again, to the coachmen it probably felt like a loss as they were up 2-0 after half (one of the goals bounced in off a guys head that wasn't even looking) Second half we really started to take it to them and continued in my opinion to have more possesion... we got fouled in the box converted on the PK - we kept the pressure up and I managed to sneak behind the defense and slot one home with about 10 mins left. Coachmen applied some pressure after this with one good scoing chance but in the end it was a draw that felt like a win for us.

By the way we played the first 10 mins a man down and our center back was in net...

Cantuzzi

I watched our game with Aldergrove on the weekend due to accumulated cautions and it sure looks different from the sideline. We should have buried them in the first half - could have been 4-0 as we dominated with possession. The second half we came out flat and they worked hard and pressed. PK was weak in the box, no reason for our center back to even make contact with a player in a non-threatening position. Second goal came of a give away from center of the park but well taken. It felt like a loss because we gave that one away. We are really inconsistent and seem to show up for the top teams but don't seem to care against mid to lower table teams. Coquitlam Arsenal should be interesting next week as rematch of last year's Knights Cup Final.

JTL

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oDog,

Woah buddy - looks like your stint in the Serie A will have to be cut short. Your team is dropping points!:eek:

Nice work Poco!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up by 2 at half,,We then gave up and put the sleep mode on. Credit to Poco for not quiting, But really we just gave them the game. I am choked. No players showed up for what ever reason .Guy went down hurt and not one fricken sub to put in. 5 call ups not enough. Depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0