Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Off season Rumours 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 06' Div2 off season Rumours

And, PoCo Raiders were not part of PoCo City last year.
Are they now?

Will Gilligan be named the 'Skipper' this year for the Castaways Dude?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not the Team from GEU (the Rams) just a few of there players the Rams will be playing in Div2 next season.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
what happened to the Renegades? whho are the three div2 teams? are the Royals now part of the Poco City club?

renegades are the u-21 team, same as last year. and the royals have nothing to do with the men's club, they're the youth team.

next?

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

don't worry about it though, kh. we'll knock them off in a few exhibition games and take them down a few pegs for ya.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

not worried just hope the FVSL follow there own rules, not fair for all the other teams in Div3 that played last year, why don't they get a free spot in Div2??? what they need to have someone on the board whos also working with the league? so the Bullets and all the other teams that tried to win there way into Div2 can sit and watch a newly created team just walk into Div2. whatever.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shocker.

Their Cat squad finished 5th in a 4 team division last year (or 10 team watered down division...however you want to view it).

As for the other phantom spot, don't get it either. Agree w/ KH.

As for you Ranger, as always, you are operating on a higher cerebral plane than the rest of us commoners; I'll have to check w/ applications engineering, and get back to you.

Failing that, I pick "C", all of the above.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangerforever said:
And, PoCo Raiders were not part of PoCo City last year.
Are they now?

Will Gilligan be named the 'Skipper' this year for the Castaways Dude?

Enquiring minds want to know.

YES:cool:

LivinTheDream

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Suggested new name for this rogue GEU team joining Poco City: The Castaways. I think it is appropriate in that it aptly describes the situation of players dumped by other teams, whilst keeping with the new swashbuckling theme at Poco.

Maybe you guys can all get a deal on Puffy Shirts. Gold Jerry, gold.:D

So...where the hell did Poco aquire this other Div. 1 team from? Didn't they have two teams in Div. 2 last year that were average at best? Can't recall them having more than the Poco Raiders in there...

Wow....so the new team is a group of guys dumped by other teams? Yeah, it sounds like you have your facts straight.

I guess the team that is going to "knock us down a few pegs" will have an easy job as there isnt another team that wants the players we have. We obviously suck.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

LivinTheDream said:
I guess the team that is going to "knock us down a few pegs" will have an easy job as there isnt another team that wants the players we have. We obviously suck.

wow, way to take a joke. just a little poco city ball-busting on my part, welcome to the club new guy! :cool:

LivinTheDream

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

im all about taking a joke but you have to understand that this move we are undertaking to poco has all the drama queens outta bed for the last few weeks. Starting to get a little sick of the back chat, the apparent rumors and how certain people really need to just get on with their own buisness. I'm not one to sit back and have others mouthing about the team I play for without me at least defending them a little bit right?

The Div 2 spot for Poco is being applied for through the appropriate means necessary. Everything being done has nothing to do with connections, it is being put through as stated by the league. There really isnt much more than that to say. Where we start and how we go about setting up a team in a Div 2 spot is all legit, end of story.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

LivinTheDream said:
im all about taking a joke but you have to understand that this move we are undertaking to poco has all the drama queens outta bed for the last few weeks. Starting to get a little sick of the back chat, the apparent rumors and how certain people really need to just get on with their own buisness. I'm not one to sit back and have others mouthing about the team I play for without me at least defending them a little bit right?

The Div 2 spot for Poco is being applied for through the appropriate means necessary. Everything being done has nothing to do with connections, it is being put through as stated by the league. There really isnt much more than that to say. Where we start and how we go about setting up a team in a Div 2 spot is all legit, end of story.
hahah take it easy nutjob!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LTD,

The site is called Sensitive Male Bashing...erm, I mean, Take The Piss. Dig?

As for Poco...finishing anywhere between 2nd and last in Div. 2 is average. Not terrible, but not very good, certainly not excellent. Average. I don't make up the rules, the league does w/ the promotion / relegation system.

Now, since the implosion of CAT, we have some teams hanging around, looking for a place to play. Shouldn't the squads pretty much go where they should play?

Somebody explain to me how Poco Cat, after finishing 5th in a division that had four decent teams, deserves a 1st div team for their former CAT players? Shouldn't they be dropped down to 2nd? Then, where do these mystery 2nd div teams come from? Application? Isn't that another word for Thin Air?

Still agree w/ KH on this. New team, bottom of league...start in 3 (or 4th, if they create that division).

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude I've put in a call to Oliver stone.

I'm just wondering why the CAT teams shoudn't go to Div 1. It seems appropriate that players who were good enough to sign an A form should remain at, or near the top.

As far as the extra Div 2 team, didn't you know we are building an emire here in Poco? We have a team in every division now, we even have a few womans teams, (insert piss-take here).
We may not win **** all but we'll have a hellava Halloween party.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Simple: just because you signed an A form out of league compliance doesn't mean that you or your squad belongs. Shifting those teams to 1st watters down that div. The top 4- maybe (but again, watering down the division), but 5 through 10...no way. 2nd div at best.

Old rant...just think they need to re-allign the league. At the end of the day, it realy is about the Halloween bash.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Have to agree with Dude, we played a couple of the CAT teams for summer (I know, it is summer) and beat every team at least once, and all the losses were close games that could have went either way, and we were a middle of the pack Div 3 team. Like Dude said, below the top 4, 2nd div at best.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is this new whalley team u play on, a u21 team comeing up or just a new team? stallion21?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

A little bit of both. Half a younger brother's U21 team, half a bunch of us that played together during high school.

LivinTheDream

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey now, im merely conversing, if i was angered i would at least attempt to use caps! Personally i think the league needs revamping myself. In England amateur you can apply to play in any league, at the end of that season you get ass kicked and relegated, you will eventually find out where you belong if a team attempts to start higher than they already are. Now of course there has to be room for a team to apply...I prefer the opportunity for teams to start at a higher level without having to spend the better part of at least a year just getting to a position in which their team can actually enjoy competitive soccer.

But then again, its all about the halloween party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0