Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Off season Rumours 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 06' Div2 off season Rumours

i hope canuckboy dresses up as a woman at the halloween party again this year, he sure makes a hot chick!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I will NEVER EVER dress up as Little-Bo-Peep again. My club is full of perverts. Touching me, patting my ass, squeezing my chest.

Mabye I'll be Little Red Riding Hood.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't think the league has anything in place for applying to higher divisions. Our team was told 4 years ago that under no circumstances were there any teams jumping divisions. Last year we brought on several premier players who were finished with all the commitment there, so we had a Div 2 team that would have been competitive in premier had we had serious training sessions. Lost game 1 by 1 - nil, (and should have won) we went the rest of the season undefeated. Had we played a starting 11, and be serious, could have done well in prem. But no way were we allowed to jump even to div 1. had we been serious about wanting to win the div 1 promotion, no doubt we'd have won and been there.

Bottom line, I agree with KH, NO TEAM should be exempt from having to earn promotion, it just causes riffs within the league. If you're that good, you'll work your way up very quickly anyway. it's only a one year wait to div 2 for christ sakes.

On the flip side, the CAT being established as div 1 needs some more thought. It could be 3 years till the div 1 bottom feeders are all relegated. It's entirely likely that the top 10 div 2 teams are better than the bottom 5 div 1 teams.

dirtysanchez

Jan 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guru,

After reading your last post, I am saddened to see that you've already gone completely senile before turning 50. I hope that post was an attempt at creating some banter. C'mon.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's entirely likely that the top 10 div 2 teams are better than the bottom 5 div 1 teams.

You're senile.

Top 6 of div. 2, maybe. MAYBE. Then, MAYBE the bottom 3 of div. 1. The Sporting team we played in the playoffs would have their way w/ 80% of the div. 2 teams.

But, if you're implying a more aggressive promotion / relegation system is called for, I agree. Teams like the highlanders are just too comfy sitting year in, year out middle of the pack in div. 1.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And what about the mighty Gunners, little bastards are a great team to bad they'll be in Div2 next season again, I can't really say to much about the groupings, as I didn't play against those other teams. I find it funny how two years ago we rolled through Div3, won promotion and most of my team mates figured we would just breeze through Div2 right into Div1, in fact some guys thought they were ready for Div1 last year and look how that turned out, some people just have to be a little more realistic. Just because you have a good year in one Div doesn't mean you'll be good in the higher league (unless you're the Hurricanes) That being said I agree with Dude make the Div's smaller Prem to div4/5 whatever ten teams in each, it would make for better soccer week in week out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Gunners are one of those teams that would be better than half the Div. 1 squads. Thankfully, we don't have to play them this year. I think.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
You're senile.

The Sporting team we played in the playoffs would have their way w/ 80% of the div. 2 teams.

Your crazy if you think Sporting is a good team. They are shat and thats being nice. They have two good players, Anson and Joe. Shut those two down and the rest are overweight and terrible. There are many div 2 teams that wouldnt have trouble with them.

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey KH, two years ago when the Rams won the Division 3, they only won by a single point... had surrey won their last game as opposed to tieing, they would have won the league.. I wouldn't call winning the league by one point "rolling over div 3", but hey, at least the rams won it. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I didn't say they were good. We beat them 2-0, and were not threatened all game. And you're right- their fitness was poor in the 2nd half.

Just saying that, although they weren't great, they'd still beat 8 out of 10 div. 2 teams. Div. 2 is not nearly as strong as Guru leads one to believe.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
I didn't say they were good. We beat them 2-0, and were not threatened all game. And you're right- their fitness was poor in the 2nd half.

Just saying that, although they weren't great, they'd still beat 8 out of 10 div. 2 teams. Div. 2 is not nearly as strong as Guru leads one to believe.

No i agreee. there are some weak teams in div 2. I still say the bottom 3 from each group should go down to div 3. Two groups of 10 would be ideal and that would make promotion direct and simple. I do think however you downplay div 2 a bit to much. I would have to say it is stronger now compared to how its been in the past. Give credit where is it due as the top teams are looking better these days.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nice to see non-poco teams putting in thier two cents.

Guru, just so you know, the new Poco div 2 teans is an ex GEU team.

I wonder if DMU will be able to give Dewdney as much of a run this year?

I'm just glad the Franchice is back so we can get those 6 points.We need em

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

SuperMid said:
Hey KH, two years ago when the Rams won the Division 3, they only won by a single point... had surrey won their last game as opposed to tieing, they would have won the league.. I wouldn't call winning the league by one point "rolling over div 3", but hey, at least the rams won it. ;)

Did you even play then??? we had our way with every team except Mission in one game. And what number do wear, I'm getting tired of asking. pretty sure it's #7. just wnat to make sure.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

canuckboy said:
nice to see non-poco teams putting in thier two cents.

Guru, just so you know, the new Poco div 2 teans is an ex GEU team.

I wonder if DMU will be able to give Dewdney as much of a run this year?

I'm just glad the Franchice is back so we can get those 6 points.We need em

Get yer facts straight Ex GEU players not the team, the Rams are still around, they didn't take the spot with them, the players just left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0