Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
We have a make-up against the Wolves as well, and they have 3 left, so the league is giving them priority. Too bad, we'll just have to kick your butts at a later date ;)

If you guys get to play. I don't know if our sqaud can field a team on Saturday....it is to short of notice. 4 days :confused: :confused: I think they will have to play a 3-2-1....Wolfman I think you are all alone up front buddy :(

B

Blahzay

At the beginning of the year I thought Div 2A was going to be by far the toughest group, The Rippers and GEU Tians were the best teams that didn't get promoted in Div 2 last year but they have turned into bottom feeders, so 2A is looking pretty average. I think 2B is the best group since their combined top 4 is better than any other top 4 which is what matters, I could care less about how bottom feeders only suck a tiny bit more than the middle of the pack. A few upcoming cup cames will give us some insight as to where the groups stand here's my predictions:

White Rock 2-1(pk) Coquitlam City
Hurricanes 5-2 Whalley
SFC Stars 3-2 Aldergrove

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we'll field a team, why havent they set a time yet? cmon...

guru, i have no idea which game you were at when we played you...
the incident that happended on the field was an accident, dont turn it into anything else..we dont play like that...never have, never will.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
Too bad, we'll just have to kick your butts at a later date ;)

hahaha, actually next weekend is better for us anyway. I just hope you'll be able to make it out...oh, and make sure Ian's there too. I wouldn't want him to have any excuses :bronco:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
we'll field a team, why havent they set a time yet? cmon...

guru, i have no idea which game you were at when we played you...
the incident that happended on the field was an accident, dont turn it into anything else..we dont play like that...never have, never will.
As I said before, I put you on ignore... the reason being was that I thought it time to stop all the off topic bantering, and the best way to do that was to not read your's and Franchises posts. Today I took you both off ignore. Not that you care really. But all this constant bickering was annoying to others. Not only by you, but equally by myself. That out of the way, if you go back to the post you are refering to, I said it was accidental... even at that game while the rest of my team was going nuts about it, I was telling them to can it, that it appeared to me to be accidental, and I stick by that! I don't think there are very many people in this league that would intentionally try an knock out a tooth with thier forehead. (well... maybe a few :rolleyes: )... But that looked an acccident, as Fischer turned into the defender when he went in the air... too bad, because he's out for the season due to a red card he got from a defender in another game going at his head from behind... that one was intentional, and he retaliated by yelling at the ref... I think because he'd had the tooth thing a few weeks before that.
There is no time yet, because our 1st div team gets priority due to it being thier "home week", we alternate this time slot. We're looking at a noon start on saturday, we'll probably know tonight. Neil Fuge contacted us to ask us, because there are so many other complications with getting all of these games in. So this weekend is almost a necessity to make the other make ups possible. hopefully it won't be too much of an inconvienience for either your squad or PM lions... I know they don't like the Sat. games either. As for us and you, these are more like exibitions now anyway. Not going up or down, and no more cup... more like a friendly now, and that's how we'll approach it if I get my say.... I'm too old to worry about playing for pride and competition... frankly, not many games mean that much anyway to me.. it's all about the post game mmmmbeer :D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
If you guys get to play. I don't know if our sqaud can field a team on Saturday....it is to short of notice. 4 days I think they will have to play a 3-2-1....Wolfman I think you are all alone up front buddy
I know it's short notice... our guys don't even know about it yet, til tonight at training. Sorry about the notice, but it's not in our hands either if we want to get these in. What's pat is past... hope to have a "less intense" game this round, hope you can make it if it does get played this weekend... and have a post game beer with you guys...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
at least it was only a tooth....I feel bad for our guy he broke the side of his face in two spots :( Hopefully he will be back and ready to go next season!!

Do you guys have any sunday time slots :confused:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
hahaha, actually next weekend is better for us anyway. I just hope you'll be able to make it out...oh, and make sure Ian's there too. I wouldn't want him to have any excuses :bronco:
Iain's done now.... he's the fourth "starter" to leave us this year. the top 3 scores are all done... one signed up to div 1, another injured, red card, and now Iain is off due to working obligations out of town. Also just lost another integral player last week to injury...hopefully he's not too bad and can play. We're playing with a skeleton crew... except me... I'm far from being a skeleton :D Still haven't shaken off the Xmas lard.... But I can still keep pace with any over 40 cronie!! Doesn't matter much, not playing for anything but beer now.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
at least it was only a tooth....I feel bad for our guy he broke the side of his face in two spots :( Hopefully he will be back and ready to go next season!!

Do you guys have any sunday time slots :confused:
Not that I'm aware of... we could ask, but I've already told Neil about the time for saturday.... it's not confirmed by our scheduler yet, but she may come back and tell us that Sunday's our only option, I'd say that's highly unlikely though... I'll get Frodo to look into it for Sunday, but for now I'd have to say our best chance to play this is Saturday. Sorry guys... Do the best you can to warn your crew that it's probably Sat. and see what shakes... I'll keep you posted here.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
We could play at Hammond new or old at 2pm.

At least then it would be a div 2 game not WOLVES/RAMS verus Celtic
CAT team plays on New at 2:15... I'll have to check with our squad tonight at indoor to see if Sunday will be a problem. It may sound a little petty, but it's our home game, and if Sunday doesn't work for us, from our point of view, there's no point in switching days.... I wouldn't expect your team to switch if you were in that boat either. By the sounds of it, it's either your team plays with div 3 players on Sat, or our team does the same Sunday. We're down to 12 as it is... If it really doesn't work, it may become a no game... not the best scenario, but it's a mean nothing anyway.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
SO TRUE...................SO TRUE :D

Understood... we'll do what we can, just want to make sure it's Ok for us as well... No sense playing if it puts us in a bind... better you than us :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody ever notice everytime whiterock loses shaven disapears for 3 or 4 days. Shaven whats the report on abby they seem to be having some pretty inconsistent results lately.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Iain's done now.... he's the fourth "starter" to leave us this year. the top 3 scores are all done... one signed up to div 1, another injured, red card, and now Iain is off due to working obligations out of town. Also just lost another integral player last week to injury...hopefully he's not too bad and can play. We're playing with a skeleton crew... except me... I'm far from being a skeleton :D Still haven't shaken off the Xmas lard.... But I can still keep pace with any over 40 cronie!! Doesn't matter much, not playing for anything but beer now.

Well as long as You and Frodo make it out, I'll feel ok about beating you :D

lol, the bad news is we don't have anyone over 40 on our team! However we all like beer so I don't think we'll have any issues :rolleyes:

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry boys, the Celtic vs. Wolves game is gonna have to be Saturday, noon, at Pitt Athletic....we couldn't get a sunday time, and all our boys have to work sunday anyway. Hopefully you guys can still field a team, cause i just wanna play.

*Don't worry Legend, I'll be there for the game(and several beer afterwards ;) )

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frodo said:
..... Celtic vs. Wolves game is gonna have to be Saturday, noon, at Pitt Athletic....

HEY... THIS SUX!!!! The guru can only play 'til noon-30 :mad: But I can make it back by 1:30 for many mmmmmbeer :) That's the main thing anywho.... Also following that game, our Div. 1 DFC team plays the SFC Rangers. In their 1st game they tied 0 - 0, so this should be a great game... DFC is sitting on top of 1st Div... (right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0