Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
How did we do today? I heard it wasn't so pretty :(

I'd say 65 / 35 for ER. in possesion.... They certainly didn't dominate though. I thought both teams were only playing at 75%. Not a great game to watch, and the ref was terrible. Never left the center area except to call the 3 PK's. The ER goalie should definately have been tossed for the tackle to give the PK. He wasn't even warned :confused:
The PK shot was terrible as well... Easy save for the keeper... The Wolves forward hurt his shoulder and had to leave the field. He was relegated to BBQ chef for the remainder of the day, and could barely hang onto the spatula :eek: Several dogs and burgers were lost :(

Watching that game, there's no way Hades will make it in Div 1. (given the chance)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess after the GEU Tigers events last week, signing someone who apparently yaps too much doesn't look so bad after all.

;)

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the golf on maui was great .15 days of relaxing and so on.looks like at lot has happened in 2b the last couple of weeks.missed the canes\tigers debacle.i dont see any points awarded for this yet .whats up hp will this happen after wednesday or ?
by the way scoop dawg fck off

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
the golf on maui was great .15 days of relaxing and so on.looks like at lot has happened in 2b the last couple of weeks.missed the canes\tigers debacle.i dont see any points awarded for this yet .whats up hp will this happen after wednesday or ?

Curious why so hostile, please explain! (menopause?)

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 7 Surrey Coyotes 2

We were looking too much ahead to our semi-final against NDFC on Sunday and started slowly last night in our game. We really weren't focused on the Coyotes like we should have been and the game was tied 2-2 at the half. We picked it up in the 2nd half en route to a 7-2 win. The Coyotes were a game bunch and played hard right till the end.

To answer your question Curious, both teams are appearing at the Discipline hearing tonite regarding the Hurricanes vs Tigers game. We'll know what is happening after tonite.

curious said:
looks like at lot has happened in 2b the last couple of weeks.missed the canes\tigers debacle.i dont see any points awarded for this yet .whats up hp will this happen after wednesday or ?

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
To answer your question Curious, both teams are appearing at the Discipline hearing tonite regarding the Hurricanes vs Tigers game. We'll know what is happening after tonite.

thanks hp i just want our game to have some implications for the final standings in 2b

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game against you will have promotion implications regardless of whether or not we get the 3 points. If we get the 3 points, we will still need at least a tie against you to clinch the division as otherwise we will go to a 2 game total goal series against Poco. If we don't get the 3 points, we will need to win against you guys to force a 2 game playoff against Poco. Either way, the Hurricanes vs Clones game will have something on the line. I would be really surprised though if we don't get the 3 points though based on what happened...

curious said:
thanks hp i just want our game to have some implications for the final standings in 2b

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Tigers/Hurricanes situation has been resolved. Both teams have put it behind them. We had a chance to chat and we see where the Tigers were coming from, and at the same time, they understand where we were comin from during the game. Both sides have apologized for the incident, and it is behind us. We have been awarded the 3 points.

curious said:
i dont see any points awarded for this yet .whats up hp will this happen after wednesday or ?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 3 - SFC Stars 2

Well we won the last game we had to and now it's out of our hands. One more game this Saturday between the Clones/Hurricanes.
If we had of taken care of business by beating the teams we should have instead of tying we wouldn't be in this position but we didn't...so now our fate lies with the Clones and them beating the Hurricanes.
All I can say is good luck to Langley and we'll be there cheering you on!!!

With a few pints I'm sure.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We anticipated that you wouldn't let us off the hook and we would go into the Clones game needing a result. It's been a great race in 2B so it is fitting that it will come down to the last possible game...

redwoods said:
Poco City United 3 - SFC Stars 2

Well we won the last game we had to and now it's out of our hands. One more game this Saturday between the Clones/Hurricanes.
If we had of taken care of business by beating the teams we should have instead of tying we wouldn't be in this position but we didn't...so now our fate lies with the Clones and them beating the Hurricanes.
All I can say is good luck to Langley and we'll be there cheering you on!!!

With a few pints I'm sure.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
We anticipated that you wouldn't let us off the hook and we would go into the Clones game needing a result. It's been a great race in 2B so it is fitting that it will come down to the last possible game...

Nothing better than having the last game mean something.... just like the Hades in 2 C..... too bad 2 A wasn't as close...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posted a new thread and poll regarding the Hurricanes and Clones tilt this weekend...cast your vote, and post your thoughts there!

~Shaven

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was out visiting my cousin tonight who lives 2 blocks from Mackie Park and I decided to go catch the second half after I left and see my former team against the powerhouse NDFC. Well Eagleridge was getting pissed on and if it wasn't for some stellar goal line saves by their keeper NDFC would have probably got at least a tie. Congrats Eagleridge on winning the season series against them. I see NDFC doing well in div.1 as they move the ball quite well. The hilight of the night was listening to dopeashell (if he's #7 like I think I've read elsewhere) keep on whining after he came off. I'll let Bulljive and Dopeashell give their summary of the whole match but from what I saw Eagleridge was lucky but got the win 1-0, and yes Doppie they did play a version of soccer, superstar :D .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we definitly deserved itleast a tie but we lost so cheers to eagle ridge. WE had 4 starters who never even stepped on to the field including myself and after the 30 minute mark we had 6 starters on the sideline or not even their for the rest of the game. I don't mean to make an excuse because they have a good team and not to take anything away from their win but the game was pointless too us. WE already have first and are in the final. WE sat 3 guys because of having 2 yellows, and other guys who are still alittle sore from the hurricanes game, we just didn't want to risk injury or suspension for the cup final. It was tough to watch almost painful to be honest, nobody on the field seemed to care. Either way it was a loss and when you don't show any desire to win you don't deserve too win. Eagleridge deserved second they have a good team.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bore witness to the NDFC - ER match last night, and will have to echo the earlier two posts. A poor performance by NDFC, but with nothing on the line, that tends to happen. Full marks to ER for a gutty and intelligent performance, if unspectacular, though to be fair the only goal of the match was a pretty finish off of some shoddy defending and a great effort by the ER player, #14 I believe. This match reinforced my thoughts on ER, as I agree with 'jive that they are well deserving of second place, and should be a force next season if they keep their squad intact and make an improvement or two.

~Shaven

B

Blahzay

Champlain's Keeper said:
Well Eagleridge was getting pissed on and if it wasn't for some stellar goal line saves by their keeper NDFC would have probably got at least a tie. Eagleridge was lucky but got the win 1-0, and yes Doppie they did play a version of soccer, superstar :D .
Sorry you had to watch our game last night, it was the most quiet and least intense match I've watched in a while. We only played 4 starters the majority of the night for cautionary reasons, such as yellow cards and injuries in prelude to the cup finals next week. Their keeper is probably the best one we've faced all year. As for Eagleridge's version of soccer, they put 8 players inside their own 18 and force you to shoot it from outside knowing that their keeper will save it, when we played them in the cup it was 0-0 at half and they were just playing for PK's. They do have a good team and are deserving of a tie for 2nd place if the Titans won today. Even though the game didn't have any meaning it still hurts to see our 14 game winning streak come to an end, congrats ERU. Hey CK, since you used to play for that club, who is better between United and the Hades?

B

Blahzay

Blahzay said:
Their keeper is probably the best one we've faced all year.
I forgot to mention the Titans goalie Littlekeeper as well, the Hurricanes goalie should also get some recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0