Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL New Divisional Alignment

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree ...2 up or at least the loser of the top 2 div 1 teams plays the 9th place Premier team. My vote

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
after speaking with some people from other teams, players from my team that seems to be the only issue with the new alignment

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree ...2 up or at least the loser of the top 2 div 1 teams plays the 9th place Premier team. My vote

Totally agree and Jimmy I would worry about staying up more then promotion to premier. you guys have a solid base but are a long way from worrying about a premier team. Fitness and new kits will be a good start in the off season. North Delta will be pushing hard to get a premier spot back next season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree and Jimmy I would worry about staying up more then promotion to premier. you guys have a solid base but are a long way from worrying about a premier team. Fitness and new kits will be a good start in the off season. North Delta will be pushing hard to get a premier spot back next season.
lol i wasn't talking about US to premier....i was just saying in general man, could be anyone but im pretty sure thats how other teams in that spot would feel.....and about staying up we'll find out tonight who's staying up and who's going back to div 2.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question about the seeding for the 2 groups, do we know what that means yet? After the teams go up and down, are they seeding the groups, 1, 3, 5, 7 etc? I thinks thats how it has to be, otherwise too much of a chance of blowouts or a weak team finishing the at the top.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can seed all you want and it wont make a difference...Why ,because no teams are the same from season to season...If you are not good you usually go and pick up a few players...so seeding is a waist of time..Should be geographical divisions. my vote

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do the standings compare from year to year? From what I remember from last year, most teams are around where they were last year. Some are better, but on average I'd say teams are pretty close, even with the added or subtracted players.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can seed all you want and it wont make a difference...Why ,because no teams are the same from season to season...If you are not good you usually go and pick up a few players...so seeding is a waist of time..Should be geographical divisions. my vote

I Agree ....divide groups geographically

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok just wanted to get some clarification on this. Will Div.1 be tiered next year. Meaning Div.1B will be below Div.1A. Or will both Divisions be side by side divided geographically. Thanks.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side by side..top team from each group plays playoff at Cup final day for Premier promotion

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's happening with Aldergrove and SFC Rangers? or does the Grove get another free pass to stay in the top flight?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty sure with all the happenings with the BCPL not moving forward only one prem team moves down. Alderbush in prem still :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been screwing around with an excel spreadsheet... This is something I am planning to take the new executive board that will formed at tonight's FVSL AGM, at a later date... There has been some good banter about this on TTP, so I thought I'd ask for your input.

I have three different ideas/proposals for divisional re alignment for the open age groups. Based on what we know about promo relegation, current amount of FVSL teams (86 teams in open age group on A and B Forms, playing an 18 week regular season + cup)

Idea #1: Premier 10 teams, Divisions 1, 2, 3, & 4 with 19 teams. This works the easiest for scheduling (18 game season)
Each Premier team plays a league game against each other team twice, once at home, once away.
For division 1-4 you play each team once, but only home or away, based on a random draw.
Promo relegation is simple: Last place prem sends one down to D1, first place D1 replaces them. Second Last in prem plays a one game playoff against second place Div 1, and the same all the way down the ranks. These playoff games happen the same day as the Pak Cup finals, in lieu of the 7-a-side tourney.

Idea # 2: Premier to Division 8 have 10 teams only, each season is a one for one swap up and down between divisions for Promo/relegation. The only flaw here is that it could, in theory, take a new team of guys leaving youth at 18 years old till the time they're 26 or 27 to reach prem. the fix here is to do what all other rec sports around the lower mainland do (hockey, baseball, etc) is move teams around mid season during play to get the alignment to even out based on results... ie: If you are hammering teams in Division 6 8-0 and 6-0 on regular basis you get moved up two divisions and are swapped with a team getting hammered in that division. This makes for 8 divisions, with 4 spots for brand new teams. each team plays each team in their division twice, home and away.

Idea #3: Same as above, but you have the divisions split into two groups. Open and Rec.
The idea being you could easily move every Division 3 team that has never been Promoted, along with some volunteer aging Div 2 teams that have no shot at promotion, but always escape relegation to create geographically zoned pools. The carrot would be the top teams from Rec could opt into a playoff game, should they choose to do so, to play against the last place Open teams. As an example you'd have Open: Premier to Division 3 and then Rec Division 1 to 4 or 5.

In the FVSL there is no Cat system, which is why the VMSL only goes to Division 3.
In the VISL they have more divisions than the FVSL and VISL, but only geographically zone in Division 4 (would be Division 3 in FVSL or VMSL as they have no "premier division")

What say you? any suggestions? Tweaks?

I realize that a lot of the guys that might offer opinions against some of the ideas are not going to weigh in as they simply don't come on TTP or pay much attention to the goings-on of Amateur Soccer other than making sure they are not fined by the league for missing meetings etc.

I think what I have posted above could really work to make both our league and clubs much stronger. let's face facts, the clubs are what run the league and the league's constitution and rules are really set up in order to reward working clubs with the rules surrounding callups and such. i really only anticipate that pushback to any of the ideas would come from teams that are not tied to clubs.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Idea #1, but still think 10 teams is too small for a league?

Although you don't want the standard to change too much from top to bottom so it's a hard one to call.

The playoff between 2nd bottom and runner-up from the league below is a great idea.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idea #1 is the most practical and simplest. And streamlines everything. I would add or suggest to make the Premier 15-18 teams as well. This way three Premier teams go down and three Div.1 teams go up. It creates continuity throughout all divisions with Promotion and Relegation. Some may argue those bottom may get killed or may water down things, but that it is how is everywhere, the best rise to the top and the worst get relegated. Maybe also add another cup for Div.4 as well.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every div should have 10 teams, home and away games.

Prem
Div 1a
Div 1b
Div 2a
Div 2b
Div 3 a
Div 3 b
Div 4 a
Div for Hacks (easy fill of 10 teams here)

2 teams promoted and 2 teams demoted in every div.....if you get demoted in the Hack division you shouldnt be playing soccer anyways

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0