Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope they through him in Jail

Steve Francis,

Is a Fcuking whining twat. It made my day to hear that he got a DUI. The guy will never win anything because all he cares about is himself, he reminds me of JR Rider. Tonnes of talent and no heart.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA

Only one game last night to report and the Sixers win 99-83 agaisnt Boston. Iverson had a big game with 37 points, and so do Mutumbo who had 17 points and lead all players with 14 rebounds. Walker had a poor game scoring only 15 and going 6-23 from the field. When walker does poorly the Cletics do poorly.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exams are ova....

and its time to get back into the swing of things here. I've been ignoring my moderator duties. So, firstly, some NBA news.

Magic's Hill to Miss Rest of Season

ORLANDO -- Orlando Magic forward Grant Hill will have ankle surgery that will sideline him for the remainder of the season, WQTM-740 Radio in Orlando reported on Tuesday.

The Magic have called a news conference with for 5 p.m. ET. Hill will not be in attendence. This will be Hill's third surgery on his ankle in 20 months.

Hill's medical saga intensified Monday as Hill and Magic officials sought advice from five doctors via a conference call, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Hill, who has missed the past 11 games, has not progressed sufficiently after rest and rehabilitation. He still has soreness after limping off the floor Nov. 26 in a loss against the Detroit Pistons, his former team.

Hill's ankle has not been right ever since he injured it late in the 1999-2000 season as a Piston. It finally was diagnosed as a broken ankle during the playoffs, and Hill missed the remainder of the Pistons' series loss against Miami.

He underwent an operation but needed additional surgery after signing with the Magic the summer before last for $92.8 million over seven years.

Hill struggled through the preseason last year, never approaching his All-Star form. He played in only four games that season with Orlando and was lost for the year after undergoing surgery Jan. 3.

He has missed 94 of his past 112 games.

This is going to screw over the Magic, again, as they will be forced to move the offense around T-Mac and pray they can get some quality minutes out of Mike Miller and Darrell Armstrong. They're not exactly lighting up the league at this point in time, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that due to the new rule changes, you can't have your offense flowing through a single player anymore. When Hill and T-Mac were on the floor together, the Magic were extremely difficult to stop. Now? Its anybody's guess as to what might happen, if T-Mac can carry the load and if Miller can step up and perform in Hill's absence. Either way, it must be a major headache for Magic front office personnel, who figured they had a legit title contender with McGrady and Hill in the starting lineup.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie Franchise and the Rockets' woes

Even I didn't think things would go so badly for the Rockets when Francis went down with injury. I figured they'd lose games, sure, but here's what has happened since Franchise went down with a foot injury:

-13 game losing streak, the longest one since the Rockets moved to Houston in 1971,

-Cuttino Mobley fined $7,500 from the NBA for verbally abusing officials in a post-game interview,

-Steve Francis picked up on DUI charges

-Maurice Taylor, who is out for the season with a torn ACL, is suspended 5 games (which will be served next year when he is activated from the injured reserve list) for breaking the league's substance abuse policy. He was busted smoking la lerb.

-Rockets sit at second from bottom in the Western Conference with a 7-18 record; the Grizzlies are the only team with a poorer winning percentage.

What a pitiful state of affairs. Methinks only the Nuggets (what a fcuking mess that team is) and perhaps the Hornets (goodbye Charlotte, hello Louisville) are in worse shape at the moment. And at least the Hornets are winning games.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wizards are for real

The wizards win another on last night 103-76 agasint the hawks. Jordan with another good game scoring 23 and adding 6 ast, and hamilton scored 20 in the win. They are undefeated in 7 and are the hottest team in the league beside San Antonio. It looks like the wizards are playoff bound.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jordan hits 30,000. Not bad!!!

Did you see him take the ball away from Mercer? MJ still got game!

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wizards

The wizards are playing some great b-ball as of late. They beat the clippers last night 96-88. Jordan was only two assist shy of a triple double he scored 18 with 10 boards and 8 assist a great game for MJ and another win for the wizards. The wizards are on a 4 game winning streak and have won 13 of there last 15 games. Looks like my prediction that the wizards will be in the playoffs is true never doubt MJ.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain...

Apparently the Atlanta Hawks have signed our favourite straight-from-high-school, suicide-attempting, chair-throwing, fatigue-wearing 7-foot forward, Leon Smith. He's been bouncing around the CBA with some success for the majority of this season, and due to the Hawks injury woes (Kukoc and Ratliff), they've decided to take a chance. This could, nay, will, be a major bust.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This should be great.......

Sensei,

I just noticed the article before I saw your post and here it is. What a fcuking career and he is ONLY 21. I know he still makes a lot more money than me, a school teacher.

Leon Smith back in the NBA with the Atlanta Hawks
By PAUL NEWBERRY
AP Sports Writer
January 14, 2002

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Hawks signed Leon Smith, the troubled first-round draft pick who has yet to play an NBA game after making the jump from high school in 1999.

The 21-year-old Smith signed a 10-day contract Monday. The injury-plagued Hawks have a three-game losing streak and the third-worst record (13-23) in the Eastern Conference.

``We don't have any lofty expectations,'' general manager Pete Bab**** said. ``We're intrigued with his talent.''

Smith will make his return to the NBA on Tuesday night against the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded for him in 1999 shortly after he was picked 29th overall by San Antonio.

Smith, who attempted suicide and was arrested twice during his stint with the Mavericks, has been trying to revive his career in the Continental Basketball Association.

``He's coming along in terms of the maturity aspect and dealing with some of his issues,'' Bab**** said. ``We think it's relatively low risk. It's just a 10-day contract. It's not the rest of the season.''

The GM admitted that he doesn't know if Smith has overcome his mental problems or is capable of playing in the NBA. The Hawks didn't make any guarantees about playing time.

``We're curious to see where he is,'' Bab**** said. ``The only thing I can say is he's sending a message that he's getting things under control. But I don't know the answer and wouldn't pretend to know his situation.''

Smith, raised in a series of group and foster homes, never played a game for the Mavericks after attempting to make the jump from Martin Luther King High School in Chicago.

His problems began when he refused Dallas' request to play in a developmental league or go overseas to ease his transition to the NBA. Instead, he worked out away from his teammates and signed a $1.45 million contract the day the 1999-00 season began.

Within two weeks, Smith attempted suicide by swallowing more than 200 aspirin. He said he was distraught over breaking up with a girlfriend.

After the suicide attempt, Smith spent several destructive days in Chicago, where he was arrested twice within 24 hours. He was later sentenced to 18 months of probation for damaging a car owned by his former girlfriend's mother.

Smith was in and out of psychiatric care before the Mavericks released him on Feb. 4, 2000.

The following season, he signed with the St. Louis Swarm of the International Basketball League but lasted only three games

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a little crazy to say the least. But it tells you how valuable big men are in the NBA. Could explain why Jackson threw all that cash at Big Country. No, wait, absolutely nothing could explain why Jackson threw all that cash at Big Country.

Thankfully, they only signed him to a 10-day contract, which means if he goes mental within a week, he's back to shoplifting asprin and stalking his ex-bird. Oddly enough, I'd like to see this guy get through and stick in the league. Having seen brief highlights of his game, he has the skills and power (he's a frickin beast) to contribute to a pretty sad-sack Hawks team. Its obvious that this guy isn't your typical spoiled high-schooler looking for a big contract. He's fcuking insane. It'd be nice to see someone straighten their life around. You have to feel for a guy who storms around in fatigues on the verge of a breakdown, shotgunning 200 pills over a high-school romance.

And, speaking of the Hawks, is their 13-23 record (just a single win better than Memphis) an indication that Shareef Abdur-Rahim is the most overrated underrated player in the NBA? Hotlanta is just witnessing what we Vancouverites had to deal with for 5 years - 20 points, 10 rebounds, no game winning shots falling, and a ton of losses. Screw Reef. All we have to wait for now is the excuses that he has no talent to work with, and that the Hawks will get better with time. Bullsh*t.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Nash an All-Star

Victoria's Steve Nash became the first Canadian player ever to be named to the NBA all-star game Tuesday. Nash, a guard with the Dallas Mavericks, teammate Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics were among seven reserves named who will be participating in their first NBA all-star game.

Nash is among a record five all-stars who were born outside the U.S. They include: San Antonio's Tim Duncan (U.S. Virgin Islands), Philadelphia's Dikembe Mutombo (Congo), Nowitzki (Germany) and Peja Stojakovic (Yugoslavia).

Jermaine O'Neal of Indiana and Shareef Abdur-Rahim of Atlanta joined Pierce as first-time picks on the East team. They will be joined by veterans Alonzo Mourning (Miami), Ray Allen (Milwaukee), Jason Kidd (New Jersey) and Tracy McGrady (Orlando).

Nash, Nowitzki, Wally Szczerbiak (Minnesota) and Stojakovic (Sacramento) were first-time picks on the West team. The other reserves are Karl Malone (Utah), Gary Payton (Seattle) and Chris Webber (Sacramento).

Reserves were selected by NBA coaches, who could not vote for their own players. Fans voted on the starters for the Feb. 10 game at Philadelphia.

The East starters are Michael Jordan (Washington), Vince Carter (Toronto), Antoine Walker (Boston), Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) and Mutombo.

Starting for the West are Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers), Kobe Bryant (Lakers), Duncan, Steve Francis (Houston) and Kevin Garnett (Minnesota). Francis also is a first-time all-star.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn.....

Beat me to the punch. Kudos to you, Kurgan.

What a great decision to include Stevie Nash in the all-star game. Simply amazing. What a big step he's taken this season.

He beat out Stephon Marbury, which is fcuking amazing considering what kind of hype Marbury got coming into the league and through his first few seasons.

I think the big question mark about this all-star game are the names not in attendance. No Latrell Sprewell. Same for Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Marion, Jerry Stackhouse, Allan Houston, Glenn Robinson, Michael Finley, Baron Davis, Elton Brand and Antonio Davis. Certainly a changing of the guard in the NBA.

Nice to see Wally World get the props he deserved. And to Shareef, who had to get out of the Western Conference to get an all-star nod. Rot in Hotlanta with your losing record, bitch :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It couldn't be that difficult.........

He beat out Stephon Marbury, which is fcuking amazing considering what kind of hype Marbury got coming into the league and through his first few seasons

Don't believe the hype is a sequel.....Sorry, a little bit of SNAP there.......

Anyway, another fcuking cnut NBA player showing why I am really glad we don't have other NBA cnuts like this, around Vancouver.

Suns' Marbury arrested on extreme DUI charge

February 8, 2002

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Phoenix Suns point guard Stephon Marbury was arrested Friday on a charge of driving under the influence after an officer saw his car weaving on the road.

An officer started following Marbury because he appeared to be speeding, then watched as the car began moving in and out of its lane, Scottsdale police spokesman Officer Scott Reed said.

Marbury was clocked at 75 mph in a 50 mph zone and pulled over, Reed said. Marbury's speech was slurred and his breath smelled like alcohol, police said.

A portable breath test indicated Marbury had a blood alcohol level of .153, the police said. The legal limit for driving in Arizona is 0.08. A blood test will also be conducted.

Marbury was booked into the city jail on charges of extreme DUI, DUI and speeding, Reed said. Extreme DUI, a charge that can be used when a person has a blood alcohol level of at least 0.15, carries harsher penalties.

Reed said Marbury was held for about two hours before being released. The case was referred to the city prosecutor's office.

``I must accept responsibility for my actions and I apologize to my teammates, the organization and the community for whatever embarrassment I have caused,'' Marbury said in a statement.

Suns president Bryan Colangelo, who was in Philadelphia for the All-Star game, said the team would act after the details of the arrest and the legal outcome were known.

``We are extremely disappointed to learn of this incident involving Stephon Marbury,'' Colangelo said.

Marbury was acquired by the Suns last year from the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

I assume the provider of the statement was sober and literate, unlike the fcuking cnut who read the statement......

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA star?

Slap on the wrist (non shooting) $10,000 fine and time served.

Suchisthelifeofstardom......:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free Round

Sensei~

Have you heard much about Kevin Garnett buying the first 10,000 people into the T-Wolves next game a beer. I just caught the tail end of the story on Team 1040 on the way home.

Supposedly he's paying for it himself.

Lets see $5.50 us x 10,000 = :eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
back to Starbury for a sec

Captain,

I agree with you 100%. These NBA stars are utter assholes when it comes to Community. The Grizzlies where a prime example of this, they hated the community, weather, they went through the motions so they could collect their big pay-checks.

Marbury, is a useless tit. How much does a cab cost? or a limo? or any other way home?

The only satisfaction I have is knowing the Suns are the genetic crap of the league. The Suns will not be in the playoffs and Marbury's former team New Jersey is leading the league and a real threat to make the finals as the East rep.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0