Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BYE BYE SPRE

Rumours out of New York have Latrell Sprewell being shopped around by the New York Kncks. Sensei have you heard anything about this? Sprewell's got game and lot's of teams would be interested!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spreewell

I heard their shopping him also but I think he's a bum.The Knicks have been absolute shite since hes gotten there.If I was a contender I wouldn't want him because the 2 teams that he has played for have all went for a dump while he was there.Doesn't have it to lead a team:mad:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to disagree with you there Jimmy...Sprewell is the best player the Knicks have. Didn't they make to the finals with him and to the Eastern Finals a couple of times. I heard he has changed and is one of the leaders on the team. He is paid to produce and he is a sparkplug on both ends of the court. He's not afraid to take it strong to the hoop and looks good on the fast break. I think the Heat will pick him up!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sprewell

Just don't like him,dont understand why hes still playing in the league,he is a talent but I always wonder why these guys snap.What would they be doing if they didn't have sports:confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy....

Spree is a cult hero in NY. He basically carried the team on his back when they went to the finals in '99 (lost to the Spurs). He is a great talent, amazing defensive player, and has worked hard to make his jumper a legit threat, so that defenses have to play up on him at all times. Yeah, he's a nutter, but never question the man's talent.

As for the trades, it has to be Spree since Layden signed Allan Houston to that ridiculous $100 million contract this past summer. He's now completely off the market.

The one name I keep hearing is Raef LaFrentz from Denver, who would be a nice fit for NY, but not at the price of Spree. Methinks they'll throw in someone else (Posey?) if that deal has any chance of going through. I guarantee you this - if the Knicks do trade Spree, they'll trade him out of the Eastern conference. They don't want to have to face him 3 or 4 more times (not including playoffs).

Maybe trade him for Malone. Ha. Could you imagine Spree in Salt Lake? Now that's comedy.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If spree wasn't in the NBA, he either be a member of P.DIDDY's entourage or a regular on the hit show OZ.

He definetlly smokes the lerb.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcgrady

Anyone hear about T-Mac making himself a two sport man. Rumours have it that the Yankees are interested in T-Mac, and this is no Joke.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr C,

I don't know about T-MAC. What about Barclay? Weighing in at 290. and here the most recent quote;

"I'm thinking about it," Barkley told HBO. "I miss playing. I feel bad Michael is struggling and I think I could help him, but I need to lose another 25 pounds before I could help him."

WTF:confused: do these guys never get it. They are too fcukin old?????

Oh Yeah!!! Fat too or is that Phat Too?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close to death

Know Clue
Anyone~

A pint for whomever can tell me the name of the Stadium the LA Clippers played in before the Staples Centre.

knvbcantsleeptillheknows!

OK Ive been up for 13 days now! Does anyone at all know the answer to this?

knvbisfaddingfast

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes

I think your right on with Barkley. He is to old and FAT:D MJ can at least still put up the numbers but he needs a few young guys with talent. The wizards team are a bunch of plumbers.

How about those 76ers. They lose another one and are know on a three game losing streak. Can they turn things arround and make a run like they did last year?

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

I think I got it. It was a 107-105 loss to Seattle on May 5th which marked the Clippers' final regular-season game at the L.A. Sports Arena, their home since 1984. Then in 1999-2000 they moved into the Staples Center. Am I right?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Copper~

I sure as shite hope so! This has been bothering me for 2 weeks. I can now rest. Thank you

seeyasundaywithpintsintow

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, Coach Riles and the Heat

Captain,

Just catching up on the Heat and Riles. With the new signing of Jimmy Jackson and the return of Brian Grant, its hard to make the argument that Riles doesn't have a lot of talent at his dispense. In last night's tight win over the Sonics, he shortened the bench and look at the results:

REBOUNDS
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
EDDIE JONES G 45 4-14 2-7 7-8 0 9 9 4 2 0 1 1 17
ANTHONY CARTER G 35 3-9 0-2 1-2 0 2 2 2 4 2 2 0 7
LAPHONSO ELLIS F 34 4-10 0-2 0-2 2 3 5 0 6 0 2 3 8
BRIAN GRANT F 30 5-9 0-1 5-7 3 7 10 1 2 0 1 0 15
ALONZO MOURNING C 42 7-9 0-0 7-11 3 9 12 4 4 1 2 5 21
Jim Jackson 36 4-10 0-0 0-0 0 4 4 4 4 2 4 0 8
Rod Strickland 29 5-9 0-0 5-6 0 2 2 3 0 1 2 0 15
Chris Gatling 14 2-3 0-0 3-6 0 3 3 1 2 0 0 0 7
Sam Mack DNP
Sean Marks DNP
Eddie House DNP
Vladimir Stepania DNP

Formatting sucks. Anyways, Jones, Carter, Ellis, Grant, Mourning, Jackson, Strickland and Gatling is a pretty nice core of NBA talent, regardless of age. Either one of two things will happen now - Riles will grind this short rotation to as many wins as possible, or the Heat will lose with this talent base, and Riles will quit as head coach. It will be interesting to see what happens.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also....

It should be noted that New York Knicks head coach Jeff Van Gundy quit the team this morning, with no clear-cut reason as to why he left the team. Methinks it stems from his strained relationship with Knicks GM Scott Layden.

Layden refused Van Gundy to talk with the Blazers in the offseason about their available head coaching spot. Then, Van Gundy openly questioned Layden's off-season transactions, ones which brought in lots of backcourt players but not a single big man to help the Knicks depleted front line.

Assistant Coach Don Chaney will take over the head coaching spot on an interim basis.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors-90 vs Suns-91

Great Game!!! Vince scored 42pts. The game was very exciting in the end. It came right down to the last second, Sun's Penny Hardaway scored with seconds left on the buzzer.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MJ and the Wizards

Hey everyone the wizards are on a 6 game winning streak. The team is playing very well and so is Jordan. They are beating some quality teams and are playing some great basketball. The are currently in the last playoff spot and if they continue thuis play they will be contending for a spot near the end of the season. last night they beat the raptors 93-88, and holding Vince Carter scoreless in the 2nd half. Mj and Hamilton both combined for 48 points in the win.

Captain just like in your flyers thread when your teams are losing you don't say much.:D

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players of the week

Wizards guard Richard Hamilton and Mavericks guard Steve Nash today were named Players of the Week for Dec. 10-16. Hamilton led the Wizards to a perfect 4-0 record, averaging 28.5 points, while Nash shot .610 from the field on his way to recording 26.5 points and 7.3 assists a game.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise

Stevey Franchise was arrested for Driving under the Influence and was released shorty from Jail on Sunday morning. The Rockets haven't one a game without him and the guy was depressed so he went out to party. Poor Guy. I hope he gets traded to a good team. He is one of the most exciting players in the NBA and would be mvp candidate on a better team .

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0