Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Girls Metro Soccer Results

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot that we were in different tax brackets! Clearly I am not at your level, North Delta is nothing like Steveston aka Burnsieville

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a good weekend for CS!

Despite his forthcoming VISA bill, it sounds like CS had a super long weekend. So good he couldn't do $150 + $44 to get $192....damn those teachers are brilliant:rolleyes:

3 zip over ER? Wow. Good result. Tit ball or no tit ball!

We had our game against Semiahmoo reffed by the 17 year old boyfriend of one of the Semi players. Combine that with two 14 year old linesman that spent more time trying to keep warm than watch the game and you get the point. The Semi parents dominated this poor ref's personality....every time there was any contact (whether initiated by us or them), these parents called their own foul...and he listened to them. In the words of Scooby Doo....just plain "ridicurous"! Even though this game brought about the "yeller" in me, I felt bad for this kid being put into a high paced game with no idea of how to handle it. Ended in a 1-1 tie.

Gotta toot one of my players own horn for a sec.....this kid Mallory scores a hilite goal nearly every second game for us. Against the Captain, she cracks a 22 yard free kick blast to the top corner with a minute left in that game. Yesterday she gets on the end of a cross...and while on the full run volleys this thing past the Semi keeper. She doesn't do much else which drives me crazy (lazy "grade 12 syndrome"!), but you can bet she gets the nod for free kicks with the games on the line!

Must'vebeenareallywildweekendifSupertrampwasontheplaylist:D
:wa:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain...

Might want to check in on this.

Richmond Metro Date Status Home Team H - A Away Team
Sep 08 2002 League North Shore Selects 2 - 0 Richmond Metro
Sep 15 2002 League Port Moody Ice 1 - 0 Richmond Metro
Sep 22 2002 League Richmond Metro 0 - 5 Vancouver Force
Sep 29 2002 League Richmond Metro 1 - 3 CVI United
Oct 06 2002 League Abbotsford Extreme 6 - 0 Richmond Metro
Oct 20 2002 League Richmond Metro 1 - 1 SurDel Scream
Oct 27 2002 League Richmond Metro 0 - 6 Semiahmoo Ladybugs
Nov 03 2002 League Burnaby Inferno 1 - 0 Richmond Metro
Nov 10 2002 NP Eagleridge Avalanche - - - Richmond Metro

I thought you won? Why would it say you didn't play?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess is that I didn't report the score. If the winning team is supposed to report the score, then I didn't. I have not been used to this. Oh well, I know we won and so does Eagleridge. Cartdriver, who is supposed to report the score? Home team? Winning team? I don't give a fcuk because we won. Somehow, I know it will be protested anyway for playing ineligible players. :rolleyes:

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ineligible?

CS.....ineligible player? Does that mean you brought out REGS and put him up front in drag?? I knew 3 goals sounded too high with your "regulars"!

Actually, BOTH teams are supposed to report the scores. Used to be the refs that did it, but for the last 2 years the league asks both teams to do it so there are no discrepancies! Perhaps you can call now and throw yourself at their feet with apologies....say you didn't expect to win and went on a binge that you just woke up from:D

Game of the week: Nanaimo visiting Burnaby. Last game CVI won by a goal in a well played game....but BBY is coming off a confidence building tie against the BC champs. At least I hope it built something.

Wo does richmond have? Any chance of putting a streak together?

CDneedsawinagainstatopteamverysoon:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will only have 11 players available and the three players who are missing are very important to our 'success'. :rolleyes: We will get back to our weekly ways and get lumped because we our 'dumpties' will have to play the full 90. I am predicting a 6 - 0 loss or a 0 - 0 draw if I change our tactics COMPLETELY, which I just might do. :D

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 weeks in a row, two leads lost!!

So, we played Nanaimo yesterday and succumbed (sp?) to a carbon copy effort on our part of last week's game against Semiahmoo.....came out strong, pressed them well all over the park, set the tone, and went up 1-0 within 15 minutes. But we fell back into a defensive shell again in the last 20 minutes and gave up a late goal with about 3 minutes left to end up in a 1-1 tie with CVI. All in all, a good result....but we felt we could have had this one. Not sure if our fitness lacked in the end, our mental state collapses, or we just get tense and can't put teams away....actually, I think a little of all three!

How did Shamrock's Lickmond girls do? My manager's other daughter was playing after the Abby-Rmd game and she told me she thought Abby ran away with it by the scoreline?:confused:

BTW.....I am getting tired of second class refs supplied for our games (maybe because they are "girls"?).....this one yesterday was a Burnaby ref, but at the half, decided that he couldn't see the ball or play without his glasses on so he wore them for the second half. And then he continued to miss about 10 calls because he kept cleaning the rain off them. Great. Both teams were frustrated. Ever heard of contacts Mr. Man in Black:rolleyes:

CDisdonewithteamsabovehiminthestandingsuntilafterXmas:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result, Cartdriver. :)

We were not as fortunate. We had to play 3/4 of the game with 10 players for several reasons. We started with 11 and one girl had to come out after 15 minutes because of a very bad neck problem. We played okay but were down 2- 0, both mistakes by our usually sound goalie. They had a player red-carded with about 20 minutes to go. We had two good chances to score and that was it. They scored two goals in the last 8 minutes to make it 4 - 0. Once again, our goalie struggled with the last two goals, as they were simpley dropped crosses. Anyway, we will be stuck with 11 players for the next couple of weeks, so we will just have to get used to the lumpings again.........

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekend's predictions:

Abby 3 PMoody 1 (Abby better and on their valley field)
Van 6 Rmd 0 (Captain says his team is under-wo-manned)
CVI 3 NShore 2 (Close as are all NS games, but CVI too strong up front)
Bby 2 Eridge 1 (in-district grudge match again)
Semi 2 Surdel 0 (Don't think Surdel can earn another tie)

CDhopinghisgirlsdon'tletupaftertwogreatgames:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outstanding!

Richmond 0 Vancouver 8

We were all over them but just couldn't put the ball in the net. We must have had 80% of the play but were countered 8 times. :rolleyes: It was embarrassing to say the least. My usually sound goalie gave up two soft goals in the first half. We were only down 2 - 0 at half, and we had actually ventured in their side of the field just before the break. I changed goalies. The new goalie was promptly given the hook after giving up THREE goals in 10 minutes of action. She was truly to blame for everyone of them. I particularly liked the third goal she gave up. A through ball which she came out to clear(she could have picked the thing up) and fortunately for their striker, she missed the ball completely. Fcuking great stuff.

The score could have been 12 or 13 if it wasn't for some decent saves by our goalie. We had our token 11 players.

Next week, we get to travel to Nanaimo to get slaughtered. Things are looking great. :)

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 4 Eagleridge 0

Shammy.....Travelling to Nanaimo with 11 players and things like your last post happening could turn into a long 8 hour day:confused: Not that I condone running and hiding, but if it was me, I may save the girls some money and pride and call that in as a default. Just my opinion. I've been on many Island trips with great wins or efforts that make the ferry ride a joy.....and other trips coming home wet, cold, five hundred bucks lighter, and owners of a 5 bagel thumping when under-wo-manned....no fun. But I digress.....

What happened to Eagleridge? The last game on their pitch, they worked their tails off and we were lucky to escape with a close win after a mediocre effort. This time, we came out strong...went up 3-0 12 minutes in....and then mailed in the last 70 minutes....4-0 result in a damn ugly second half. Birarda came out "scouting" for the W.Canadian U18 team....so needless to say, I apologized for the ugliness factor!

My goalie has gone awol after leaving me a message that she was "moving out" after a squabble with her parents....so I grabbed the first kid that fit my gloves....great way to prepare your shot stopper:rolleyes:

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results and predictions....

Well, CD hates tooting his own horn, but here goes.....5 for 5 on last week's U18 metro "calls"! Not that there were any real close showdowns though:rolleyes: Called Surdel right on losing 2 bagel to Semi...was close on my Van/Rmd 6-0 call, and Abby and Nanaimo both scored the three I predicted:) I wonder if there's anywhere I can put money on this!?

So for this week, here goes:

Abby at home beating Surdel 3-1
Nanaimo thumping Richmond 7-0
N Shore losing to defending champs 2-1
Vancouver away to ER and pounding them 5-0
Burnaby only had one light training session this week due to injuries, sickness, and exams, so I think we may be in for a close game without our "legs" under us and missing our stopper and centre mid due to injuries.....so I'll call us barely squeaking by P Moody 2-1:(

CDhopesmygirlswhocomplainaboutplayingtimestepupwithout"stars"inthelineupandtaketheirchancetoshine:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD,

You were way off with the Nanimo/Richmond score. :p

Something VERY strange has happened in the new year. Richmond is undefeated. :eek:

Last week, we 'stuffed' Port Moody 3 - 2, coming back from a 2 - 1 deficit with two late goals. We had the usual 12 players but Port Moody was just humping long balls up the park and hoping for the best. We scored 2 nice goals and they scored a nice one for us. They all count, I guess. :)

Yesterday, we played the dirtiest team in the league, Surdel. They were fouling ALL the time in the first half and getting away with it. The Captain had a word with the female ref(she was actually kind of cute) at half-time and she started calling some of the stuff from behind. She even carded two of their players for being bi-atches. Already missing one starting defender due to the flu, our other defender was absolutely clocked by a larger than life fullback. At this time, I thought we would fold, but we didn't. We actually scored about 5 minutes after this on a cracking build up from the right side of midfield. Then things went bad for the Captain. The ref(who I thought was cute) called a penalty for an apparent infraction on our goalie. She came over a player to catch a corner and was rewarded with a penalty shot against her. I was upset obviously and let her and the rest of Surrey know about it. I gathered myself promptly and watched their player hit the bar with the shot. The rebound was cleared out to the side of the 18 and literally 5 seconds later, she called another penalty for an alleged hand ball. My girls were absolutely stunned. Needless to say, my reaction was nothing less than spectacular. I'm pretty sure I shite my pants when I was screaming, but that could have been the two Whoppers and onion rings I I devoured at 3:00 am, after a night of drinking draft Budweiser at the Buck. The same girl stepped up and our goalie saved the penalty off the post and smothered it. From then on, we just held on and defended like fcuk. Overall, we deserved the three points just because of our work rate and lack of defenders. Our goalie owned her box(don't say anything) and she showed a confidence she has lacked recently.

Unfortunately, we have to play Semi next week, so I am going out on a limb and saying our undefeated streak in 2003 will end this Sunday. Unfortunately again, I can't make the game because Club Ireland is playing at the same time. We are now sitting in 8th place, I think, depending on Port Moody's game this weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good guess, Jinky Holmes. She had a bit of a bugle but a nice body. Too bad she was a shoc-king ref. Oh well, she can't have everything.......Our Rubik's Cube missed the game, which helped us tre-men-dous-ly. You know the one, Jinky.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Captain, please have mercy....

Captain, we play you this Sunday on your pitch......can you please give me directions and the time (PM or here)....also:

Please have mercy on us.....we lost our last game 5-1 to Vancouver with a VERY uninspired effort while missing a few regular starters.....had one girl quit this week because she thought moving out with her boyfriend into the world was a better choice than staying in school and sports....and we cancelled training last night because I had 8 girls writing exams today. So, no excuses from us.......but please, HAVE MERCY if we look flat!

I think Van and Nanaimo are seperating themselves from the group.....CVI beat Semi and Vancouver thumped us.....those are definately the top two right now. Also, Semi lost their CSA identified star defender (Melissa...something?) to a women's squad so they may be in a bit of a funk now too.

How is your team looking?

CDthinkingatoughrunmaybethethinghisgirlsneedtomorrownighttowakethemup:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD,

Trust me. We are not good enough to have mercy on anyone. We have had our usual 11 players out to games and had 9 at practice last night. I've changed my strikers since last time but we still don't create a lot of good chances.

If we play this week, we will be playing at Minoru Oval. That is the complex just west of number 3 road, right on Granville. Basically the complex is between Gilbert and Number 3 road on Granville. We will not be playing on the turf field. The field will probably be a mess but that actually helps us, I think. Anyway, hopefully we'll get the game in on Sunday. BTW, don't worry about the Vancouver score. We were lumped 8 - 0 the last time we played them. :)

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks.....

Thanks for the info Cap'n. Unless I hear from you, we'll be there....oh yeah, what time is your kickoff?!

Gotta run now....I am looking up my CSA handbook, chapter 9...."how to win on a messed up field and get out of a slump at the same time":D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0