Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2003 Tourney Results and banter

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i saw the proffesor and he didnt look to good. i think he was headed towards downtown ie. (second narrows)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions!!!!!!

Treviso 3
Fruili 0

Campania 3
Veneto 1

Abruzzo 1
Puglia 1

Calabria 2
Catanzaro 0

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions!

treviso 6- friuli 1
Abruzzo 2- puglia 1
Campania 2- veneto 2
Calabria 2- catanzaro 4

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey, whats up with adanac? posts are down. is that the end for that park? are the rest of the games going to be played on the turf? adanac needs serious help. they must of spent thousands and thousands of dollars to fix that field and yet it still sucks. lets get eton park back, the old boston gardens.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple results

Veneto with their first point of the tourney, scoring the tying goal in the last few minutes, in a 3-3 game.

Abruzzo winning 5-1 versus Puglia. Frank scored for us within the first minute and then set up Cam Wilson a couple minutes later. A good result that puts us in first place, atleast for the time being.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Company at the top!!!!

Treviso 4
Fruili 2

Wasnt as easy as first thought, Fruili played well and actually took it too us, but as we have all season defended well and scored a few goals, Paul Favs, who easily is the MVP of the league to this point, jammed two, Kent in his usual fashion scored off a free kick and Sandro rounded out the scoring. Guerro scored both for Fruili who really need help in goal.

I believe Favs is top scorer in the league with 5 goals, and Treviso and Abruzz are top with 10 points but Treviso has played one less game.

The Derby was 3-2 Calabria they scored late but both those teams shouldnt pose threats to either Treviso or Abruzzo.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Company at the top!!!!

Originally posted by zenga
but both those teams shouldnt pose threats to either Treviso or Abruzzo.
Please say you are trying to amuse us with this comment....

Eventhough Treviso and Abruzzo are 1-2 in the league there are atleast 5 teams that have as good a shot at winning this tournament. You got to get off your high horse on Treviso,i'll go out on a limb and say they'll be out first round of the play-offs... Puglia, Catanzaro, and Calabria are just as good as the above teams. Not all the teams have their full line-ups back, with injuries and guys on vacation and shite, I think Treviso is playing with their full squad. You gotta lay off the red bull and Vodka and stop posting when your intoxicated...posting stoned is way easier.

TA

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Treviso had 11 guys no subs for the first half against Catz and what happened???? TA Treviso has not had a full squad since we started, so maybe you should lay off the Vodka Red Bull you has the chance to join when I asked you about two years ago.

The excuse of not having a full team is the same for all.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Company at the top!!!!

Originally posted by The Apprentice
Please say you are trying to amuse us with this comment....

Eventhough Treviso and Abruzzo are 1-2 in the league there are atleast 5 teams that have as good a shot at winning this tournament.

TA,
I believe Zenga was referring to the league standings, not the actual Cup.
We all know, with 7 teams making playoffs, everyone has a chance of winning....even Sensei and Veneto!....but probably not Friuli.;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's hard to start calling oneself a "favourite" after only four games.

Unless you're playing Italian League, where playing four games means you're just about ready to wrap up the regular season. This is the same league where teams peak early in the season (ie: the first week in May) and then fall apart down the stretch (ie: the first week in June).

Winning the league is kind of like winning the President's trophy - nice accolade, but usually the kiss of death in the playoffs. That's why Veneto hasn't bothered to win the regular season the last few years. Oddly enough, not winning the league has also jinxed us during the playoffs as well.

Hopefully Fil can lend some insight as to why this is so. (Something other than shitty goalkeeping).

As for our game on the week-end. I don't think the ESPN Classic channel will be requesting the game tape anytime soon. That is all.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei,

They sure could've used you in the pipes on Sunday. Are you injured or just slowly going to take Rob's job away?????? hint hint:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions...

I'll take Puglia to upset the mighty:rolleyes: treviso squad....
3-1

and I will take Veneto to beat Calabria.....
Calabria aren't much of a Wednesday night Team....for the taking.
1-0

Where are the geegers?!?!?!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Predictions...

Originally posted by Zaurrini
and I will take Veneto to beat Calabria.....
Calabria aren't much of a Wednesday night Team....for the taking.
1-0

Yet another kiss of death. Thanks, Zaurinni.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calabria 1
Veneto 0

Calabria carried more of the play, and probably could have scored more goals had the game not turned into a muckfest during the final 20 minutes or so.

We worked exceptionally hard, but probably wouldn't have scored if the game went 180 minutes as opposed to 90. Calabria are probably the most talented team, to a man, in the league this summer and I fancy them to go quite far come playoff time. They've got a three-headed striking monster of Benji, Corazza and Crouch which is extremely difficult to handle.

We are in deep shite as far as our own playoff chances go. One point out of four matches isn't much to write home about. Eeek.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0