Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets help the Southsiders

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also... if the SSers will start a White is the Color song... I will print off a few hundred copies to give to people in my section and other sections. PM me. Doesnt have to be for tonights game.

I would love for this to be started at the 14 minute mark (Hassli first MLS goal for us vs TFC).

My $0.02.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for once have never read an "ewwww grosss" (were not in grade 6 and we don't have cooties, most of us anyways) I think the main point is that most people enjoy the southsiders chants and songs, but look at the ECS and TA as a model of what we would like to see(as in were not there yet). This is just my guess and my opinion. I have enjoyed the marches and pre games at oscars with the songs, but when you look at the ECS and TA they are just bigger and better its that simple. They have better songs, they move as one and its very entertaining. I sing along with the SS songs, but would love to see clever spin offs and the whole section moving left to right while doing it. The start of this thread was based on improving, not slagging, and you've taken it as offensive and degrading. We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the southsiders are pussies. And the caps FO are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to shite on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shite that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy southsider world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shite!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the record...

i said "rescinding hairline"

You not gonna dispute the fake accent remark though "eh mate" ?

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You say that the group of dickheads can't be excused for their actions yet you blame the idiocy of an 11 year old??!!?? Mate, if you are amongst the honourable, sensible portion of the South Siders, then perhaps that paintbrush just got wider.
Bollocks: provocation is still provocation, even if it's a five-year-old girl doing the provocation. It's how one responds to the provocation that tells all. And I've clearly criticized the alleged actions (which I have never been alleged on the Southsiders' forum, interestingly enough... this is the first I've heard of it.)

At the Portland away trip, the Southsiders went to the Reserves match the following day, and had their section invaded by (mostly 12-year-old) Timbers Army members. Didn't see any punches thrown; only high-fives and friendly banter. So I guess we're not all evil monsters.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks: provocation is still provocation, even if it's a five-year-old girl doing the provocation. It's how one responds to the provocation that tells all. And I've clearly criticized the alleged actions (which I have never been alleged on the Southsiders' forum, interestingly enough... this is the first I've heard of it.)

At the Portland away trip, the Southsiders went to the Reserves match the following day, and had their section invaded by (mostly 12-year-old) Timbers Army members. Didn't see any punches thrown; only high-fives and friendly banter. So I guess we're not all evil monsters.

Congratulations on not sticking the boot into 12 year olds deeming you not an evil monster. Maybe there's hope after all.

My bad obviously.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
...but look at the ECS and TA as a model of what we would like to see(as in were not there yet). This is just my guess and my opinion. I have enjoyed the marches and pre games at oscars with the songs, but when you look at the ECS and TA they are just bigger and better its that simple. They have better songs, they move as one and its very entertaining. I sing along with the SS songs, but would love to see clever spin offs and the whole section moving left to right while doing it.

There was heaps of spontaneous, clever, tongue-in-cheek banter at Swangard matches... it was one of the highlights for me (and I know for Johnnybluenose as well). Sadly that died at Empire (due to stupid seating configuration), but may be returning at BC Place.

Seattle's chanting is not even remotely clever. They have about five songs, all of which are dumbed down significantly so that the masses can participate. That's not something I ever want to see here in Vancouver. Synchronized bouncing isn't really something I'll all that bothered about, either... they look like something out of North Korea's Arirang Festival. It's a bunch of brainless numpties bouncing around, regardless of whether they've scored, they've conceded a goal, etc.

The start of this thread was based on improving, not slagging, and you've taken it as offensive and degrading.

Not at all; I just find many of the accusations to be completely illogical. How can you criticize your own city's supporters for not being good enough, when you don't do a damn thing to contribute? We're not a hired drum troupe; if you want Vancouver's supporter to be better, then pull your fingers out and get involved. Otherwise...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man oh man JBN, you're going to make me go back to previous years posts and pull those examples? I'll 100% admit, it all stems from the Swanguard days.

It's all a matter of opinion, I guess, but when I see grown men of Canadian heritage all of a sudden "acquire" English accents for the purpose of trying to piss-take (and I say trying, very liberally), I just cringe. Why would anyone even want to sound English? That's an embarrassment on itself, but to freely pick up the accent? Because you're at a soccer game? Honestly...

That, and just on appearance, they were very...how shall I put it...awkward. Now, I know this is painting w/ a wide brush, but they had the impression that they were all kinda clumsy, had a hard time meeting girls, but most annoying for me, they (for the most part) didn’t seem to actually understand the game. They tried to be hooligans, but were bad at that, too. They were just awkward to be around. Sitting in the old Southside section was always interesting.

Also, the unnecessary swearing that SixFyv pointed out...again, not needed. I always found myself explaining to my son what class was, and what wasn't, then pointing to the SS section as an example of how not to carry yourself as a fan.

Hey, don't get me wrong...I would love to see the SSers get more organized and become a formidable supporter's club. I think it'll add great atmosphere. I'll also admit, I haven't been to a game yet this season, despite offers (thanks Regs) to go on others' dimes. Haven't had the chance (that, and I actually enjoy watching from home, enjoying a beer)...but I will for sure next season now that the venue is more convenient to help me w/ my busy schedule.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.S. No offense, but "White is the Colour" is cringe-worthy. It's old, it's outdated, and it's 100 times more "kumbaya" than "Supporting You Tonight".

And now you see - even within the dozen-odd posters in here, it's obvious there are significant differences in opinion as to what "support" should be. Good luck trying to get 600+ newbies on the same page when you're fighting an uphill against your own front office.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be sure to rush off and tell our Scouser scum to stop using their fake accents... cause someone from Maple Ridge told them to.

Pretty weak but on par with what i would expect from an amateur not cut out for the big leagues..

Shouldnt u be preparing for 2nites fixture?

Rumor has it there will be some 11 year old punk wearing his De Roe DC jersey 2nite.. Call him a nasty name for me .

cheers

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey man... I am trying to help here. You are coming across very defensive and negative.

Again... my $0.02... start with "White is the Colour". You will get more people involved. Then people will start delving into your other stuff. I suggest you give it a shot.

P.S. No offense, but "White is the Colour" is cringe-worthy. It's old, it's outdated, and it's 100 times more "kumbaya" than "Supporting You Tonight".
By the way... You'll Never Walk Alone has been going on since the 60s.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey man... I am trying to help here. You are coming across very defensive and negative.

Again... my $0.02... start with "White is the Colour". You will get more people involved. Then people will start delving into your other stuff. I suggest you give it a shot.

Personally I'm not a fan of that particular ditty, but I do like the idea of using at least one easy song to get the masses involved, as a bridge to getting more people engaged in chanting. Not a bad idea.

I wish more people would offer constructive criticism, instead of simply throwing poop. (Not that I don't enjoy throwing muck...)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking for the lyrics for "supporting you tonight"... not on your songs page of the southsiders website. let me know, cheers.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, our web guy had a bad fall at work recently, and is out of commission for the time being. We need to get more people involved with the work like that.... (cough, cough) ;)

Lyrics are:

Come on
Come on, Vancouver
We're together
Supporting you tonight....

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a glimpse at the Northsiders first song.

JARJU JARJU
WHY DID WE SIGN YOU??
YOURE ALMOST AS BAD AS TERRY
400K AT THE END OF THE DAY
YOUR PRICETAG IS RATHER SCARY
JARJU JARJU DONT MAKE US CUT THEE
FOR POCO CANT AFFORD YOUR FEE
JARJU JARJU

repeat as many times as needed.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet preteen Jesus this has gotten crazy up in here. As JBN said, I am a card carrying member :) I've had a blast at every game, and for one, see improvements from the Swanguard/Empire days. With the lot growing so fast, I have definitely seen some "douchbaggery" from members (could just be "fans" in the section) I don't recognize, but on average haven't seen anything that would degrade the SSer's from more leniency from the club. If they could keep the sections more organized (and FO thing, not a SS thing) I think it you'd see a better experience. Too many non-SSer's that want to sit interspersed takes away from it a little. All in all, it was a huge growth year and can only get better.

Dude, if I don't use an accent, can I use the word "wanker"? Just wondering for future reference.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0