Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2004 -2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, crap!

How do you spell bollocks?

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 1, that's how.

To top it off, Stevie G. was injured.

Fcuk a dcuk.

2000 tokens on the way, Walks.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know who that team were in yellow today ?? :wa:

Spud said:
Regardless, Keane is an irrelevance in the upcoming match-up. I'm sure LFC will be keying on the Ginger Ninja or the boyish lad with the stepover fetish. Might have to keep an eye on Hidalgo as well but Hyppia should take care of him. As for ManU, Ferdinand will be back but is he ready to deal with the new King of the Kop, Luis Garcia? I think not.

Yeah, Keane was an irrelevance today :rolleyes:, the geezer ran over every blade of grass and flew into a ton of tackles.

What were you lot trying to do putting Riise on the boyish lad with the stepover fetish all day ? Try to get United to pay him more a week ?? Thanks for coming out, Riise will be employed as the Anfield dishwasher next week :rolleyes:. Ronaldo was easily the man of the match, fcuking piss taking today.

Luis Garcia - fcuking King of the flop .......... Roy meet Luis. Thanks for coming out tosser, someone please tell him that the English Premier League is a men's league and not the co-ed one he'd been playing over in Spain.

Red Forever said:
As for Horseface, Carragher will just lead him over to the cornerflag with some sugar-cubes! Hopefully Stepover comes over the other side of the pitch and lets Josemi whack him a bit.

Both Carragher and Josemi were an embarassment to a Liverpool uniform today. I honestly think Carragher has been shite all of his life and it's just a matter of time before Benitez finds another right back.

At the end of the day, it was a well deserved three points for United and Liverpool will be happy to get out of Old Trafford with the score not being any more than it was.

Cheers for the tokens Dap :D

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First and foremost, both United goals were off set pieces that were incorrectly awarded by the official. Especially the 2nd United goal whereby the ball was clearly off Ryan Giggs, hence the erroneous corner kick and subsequent GWG.

Saying that, it pains me to say that Liverpool were downright embarassing. The match could easily have been 5-0.
-NEWSFLASH to all Liverpool players. Silvestre arrives late on all corner kicks.
-Gerrard is extremely over-rated, outside of setting up french forwards with break aways via the back pass. When has he stepped up in a big match? Every Liverpool match against the bigger clubs, Gerrard is a no show.
-Luis Garcia was comical, especially after the fifth flop, twist, twirl and limp.
-Riise gave Ronaldo yards and yards and yards, hence 51 crosses into the Liverpool box.....that was only in thr first half.
-In the 2nd half..............Josemi is Ronaldo's bitch
-Cisse outclassed by a guy who hasn't played a football match in 8 months. Does anyone moan more than Cisse?
-Please give away Hamman........for free.
-Kewel should have a tough time starting for the reserves....The only reason he starts because he's up against the likes of Riise, Carragher and Josemi at training.
-However, I was impressed with Xabi Alonso. Very compossed and great vision.

I kinda wish the "spice boys" were back at least they would have shown up. Hopefully United was just too good today, and Liverpool had an off day, but as a supporter the prospects don't seem to bright. What a waste of a lunch hour.......Kop fcuking Flop!

Sandman :eek:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KEANO THERES ONLY ONE KEANO!!THERES ONLY ONE KEANO!!GLORY !GLORY MAN. UNITED AND THE REDS GO MARCHING ON :knvb: :knvb: :wa: :wa: youll never beat UNITED

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horrific dig

Did any of you see this yesterday from Widdly Waddle:

Waddle hits back at Mourinho:

Tottenham Hotspur, Monday September 20 2004

Tottenham legend Chris Waddle has refuted Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's accusations of Spurs' defensive tactics.

Mourinho strongly criticised Jacques Santini's focus on keeping players back and packing the midfield in their 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Waddle told BBC Sport: "What does he want, Spurs to come to Chelsea, play four up front and lose 5-1 or 6-1?

"Football's all about systems, getting the players to work hard and defending the goal. That's what Tottenham did on Sunday and they did it well."

He added that Mourinho's previous team, Porto, played a defensive style.

"Chelsea are in the bracket of Manchester United and Arsenal now. They've got to get used to it.

"Claudio Ranieri never used to moan about teams coming to the Bridge and playing a system.

"Mourinho should be used to it anyway, in the Champions League with Porto.

"Most of his Porto teams went away and defended. They came and robbed Manchester United when they won 2-1 last season - they never really had an attack."

Most scathingly, Waddle opined that the Portuguese was arrogant and sarcastic.

"It's maybe because of pressure that he says things like that, but he's brought it on himself.

"He comes across with an arrogance. He likes to hear himself talk.

"He's got an arrogant presence and a lot of people will, maybe, hope he struggles because it seems like he looks down on people.

"His comments sound a bit like sarcasm. I don't think people can relate to that. Ranieri was a man of the people, but Mourinho's completely different.

"He believes he should be at Chelsea, he believes he will win the league and he believes he's the best manager. And he believes, probably, that he's the best-looking manager."

Waddle also said that he was impressed with the unity in his former North London side, which has brought in 14 new players this season.

Hehehehehe
:D :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
-Luis Garcia was comical, especially after the fifth flop, twist, twirl and limp.

Sandman :eek:

Don't be hard on the man. He qualified for the World Springboard championships after his performancelast night. The chinese judge gave him a 10 after he hit his 3rd dive. :D

By the way were Giggs and Ronaldo having a contest over who could use the stepover more in one game.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok first of all we were beaten by the better team on the night. As for the descisions on the corner and the free-kick, I cant complain cause a under 15 team could defend those set pieces better!

Funny thopugh how all the Utd fans come out of the woodwork after a win like this. It was awfully quiet after the 2-2 draw with Bolton.
I think the new Liverpool players better start to realise what Utd-Liverpool matches mean as Garcia and Cisse were awful!! The only bright spot was Alonso, who in the 2nd half was the best player on the pitch.....yes even better than Keane!!!!

Sandman....what are you on about?? Gerrard never shows up for the big games? Give the lad a break( no pun intended ) He played 30 mins last night and yes was'nt at his best but come on. He is the most complete midfielder in the country and will have bad days now and then. Maybe we should just give him away?? Yeah maybe him and Hamann, give em both away.....when he came on for Gerrard we looked alot better, him and Alonso will be just fine. Hamann makes all the hard work look easy, we miss him when he is'nt there.

To all the Liverpool fans out there, just cause we beat WBA and Monaco does'nt mean were gonna win the league. It will take some time but dont start ripping the team apart now.

The one bonus is that Utd wont be winning the league this year either!!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny thopugh how all the Utd fans come out of the woodwork after a win like this.

Funny what ??!!

Give me a fcuking break man ....... I'm the only so called 'United fan' here that has posted anything regarding the match.

Sid - well, he's pissed up in the Roy Keane Supporters Club and Blaze Army ??

Well, the lad is too busy counting step-overs to offer anything analytical on the game :D

Sandman's post was spot on as all of his information usually is (thanks for the Vegas heads up SS, MAGIC !!!!!!).

Just because I don't post anything on the draw with Bolton and every single match doesn't mean I'm no less a supporter than you son.

I'll get your coat .........

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Walks, not saying YOUR any less of a supporter. In fact your one of the only ones who shows up and backs up your posts.

As for Sandman....hmm maybe a mate of yours?? Yeah all his insights were bang on. Give me a break, some of what he said was correct but he was talking out of his asre most of the time.

Liverpool are re-building and it will take some time......but we will get it right eventually.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
Liverpool are re-building and it will take some time......but we will get it right eventually.

Couldn't agree with you more RF, as I've said before the best thing Liverpool have done for 10 years is hiring Benitez. I think with him at the helm (and a bit of time), Liverpool will once again challenge for major honors in England.

As far as Sandman, well if you consider me sending him off about 14 times ;) in the last 5 years a mate of mine ?? Well, he is one then :D

The only thing that I possibly don't agree with him on is his rating of Gerrard. I used to think that he was the biggest over-rated piece of rubbish in centre midfield but after last year and his early season performances this year, I'm now a bit of a Gerrard supporter. I think the captaincy at the club made him a better player ...... as Beckham was for England (well, most of the time :rolleyes: ).

Further to Gerrard, the poor lad's been diagnosed with a fractured metatarsal. That's a bone in the foot for you knvb :D

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane charged with assault

posted September 21 @ 14:20, EST

MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane was charged with assault and criminal damage Tuesday over an alleged confrontation with a 16-year-old boy, Manchester police said.

Keane allegedly got into an altercation with the teenager while walking his dog on Sept. 4 at a Manchester area golf course. The Ireland international was ordered to appear before a judge on Thursday to answer the charges.

Keane, known for his volatile temper, has reportedly had other run-ins with golfers at the course, which is located near his home.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

I would like nothing better than Liverpool be a title contender. I have patiently waited for many, many years. I can not accept a rebuilding approach because we as supporters have been told otherwise. Steven Gerrard does not want to be part of a rebuilding team, he expects to compete for trophy's, that is why he still wearing the Liverpool jersey. The brass at Anfield has never said that the club was rebuilding, but the mere fact is that they are. That is why Gerrard will be gone when the transfer window re-opens...........UNLESS, Liverpool provides some decent results to convince him otherwise. Thank god they've gotten off to a good start in Europe. In hindsight a loss to Monaco would have been morally devastating.

Sandman

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
(quote)he is the most complete midfielder in the country
Not a fcucking chance!
If you mean country as in "England" then Lampard hands down. In terms of EPL, Keane owns Gerrard. Lampard will be the next Keano not Gerrard. As much as I hate Liverpool and the Jerry's, I've always rated Hamann. And when he came on in place of Gerrard I was a bit worried. I've always laughed at the people who compare Gerrard with Keane. Fcuck'n joke. Lampard?- maybe. Keane and Shearer are still in a class of their own.

Inspectoroutofthewoodwork

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman....I hope you are wrong and Gerrard does'nt leave us. I really think he would'nt be that naive as he has to realise that were not gonna challenge right off the bat it will take some time. I'm sure Benitez has told him this. If he does go then no player is bigger than Liverpool and he can have fun at Chelski!

Inspector Blake....way to come in and give me a good laugh!! I will be the first to admit that IN HIS PRIME Keane was the best player in the land hands down. Now though...not a chance. As for owning Gerrard dont make me fcukin laugh. Danny Murphy has done more against you lot than Keane's done against us recently. Cast your mind back to a league cup final 2 years ago when Gerrard walked over Keane.
As for Lampard, great player but cant tackle like Gerrard and defo does'nt grab hold of a game like Stevie G does and Keane DID.

Do agree about Hamann though, he does all the little things and gets no credit for them.

P.S. Shrearer was a great player but I think I'd take a certain Theiry Henry now!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
(quote) Cast your mind back to a league cup final 2 years ago

Exactly!! 2 years ago. More recently Gerrards's back pass from 30yrds out whilst playing for England. Can't remember at the moment who it was against but it cost England a goal and the result. Fcukin magic Gerrard! Too many mediocre games in between his(Gerrard's) good one's, and still waiting for him to show up for England on a regular basis. Murphy?? Thanks, but how the fcuk now am I supposed to fall asleep? A nice goal against Bartez(sp) a couple of years back is all I remember. Where is he now?-TTP.
Lastly, it's hard not to agree that Keane was a better player only a couple of years back, but if we've seen the best from Gerrard then I'm not with you. Like Becks, Gerrard's not as good as people think.
Scholes with Lampard would've been my picks. Gerrard could whistle. Invisible throughout Euro.

There's only one KEANO!

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears this argument could go on a while!

One thing I will say is that if you think at 23 you've seen eveything from Gerrard then you keep living in that dream world of yours. All I'm trying to get across is Gerrard will be the player Keane WAS in his prime. Whether it is playing for Liverpool I'm not sure. :(
You ask Ferguson if he could buy one player and I bet Gerrard would be that player.

As for the fact you'd rather have Paul (I score 1 goal in 20 matches) Scholes and Lampard....you really are TTP. Scholes was crap for England, jesus even Defoe has scored more than Scholes.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
As for the fact you'd rather have Paul (I score 1 goal in 20 matches) Scholes and Lampard....you really are TTP. Scholes was crap for England, jesus even Defoe has scored more than Scholes.

Fcuk sakes RF ..... now you are taking the piss. I know the air in Liverpool (and the water for that matter) is full of toxic waste but come on now, how can you say that Scholes was crap for England ??!! He did go through a barren spell but if you want to count goalscoring as the only thing that matters in a football match, well then ........ you're got fcuking blinders on man.

Just for the record:

Start 64
Subs 2
Caps 66
Goals 14
Debut v SA, 05.97
Full Debut v Ita, 06.97
First Goal v Ita, 06.97

Those 14 goals he scored for his country include 2 against Scotland, a hat trick against Poland and a host of others against teams like Portugal, Italy and Mexico.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a reason Madrid, Chelsea, and Arsenal all want Gerard. He is a great player and is only going to get better. Since you brought his name up where has Scholes been this year?

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks the question begs...what have you done for me lately??
Inspector Blake says he would of played Scholes and Lampard in Euro 2004, I'm not knocking Scholes PAST record of goals, fcukin fantastic he scored against the Scots in 99!!
But come on he was terrible in the last 2 years and even you Utd fans cant argue against that.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax said:
Since you brought his name up where has Scholes been this year?

You blue bastard :D, the fcuking season is 6 games in !! Give him a few more to see how he does would you ??

Granted, Scholesy hasn't been himself for the past season or two but to be fair to him, Fergie's asked him to play a completely different role to what he's been used to. I'm still not fond of seeing him dropped just behind Ruud as there is no question that Scholes' best position is alongside Keane in the centre of the park. I mean really, how many titles have they won with that standard 4-4-2 formation ?? Why the fcuk would you want to change it ?? :mad:

However, if you want to talk about whether Fergie should stay or go, then that is a thread either myself or Animal would be happy to start :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0