Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2004 -2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you want Keegan?
Keane would fit right in, he likes older has-been players.
Then again we did thrash Barnsley 7-1 :rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Ferguson could have any player at all, Gerrard wouldn't be his first choice. Yes Fergie's always looking for a replacement for Keane and no doubt Gerrard would've been a good one and because his(Gerrard) future was unsure and perhaps still is. Scholesy's been one of the highest rated midfielder's amongst the professionals. Zidane himself recently said, for what it's worth, that Scholes was the player France feared most. If you're going to TRY and criticize a guy simply cause of lack of goals and not cause of his performances, then tell me what the fcuk has Gerrard brought to the table? Goals? Mediocre performances? Lampard was the one, during Euro, that really looked the part and at times I had a hard time picking Gerrard out. I have seen Gerrard play some great stuff at times, but consistently? I honestly hope he get's better for England's sake and Man. U's one day ;) , but at 23 already, and to say he'll be the next Keane is a bold statement to say the least. As for now, Lampard and Patrick Vieria are the only 2 I rate as highly in the EPL. We'll see where Gerrard is in a few more years, but not yet.
And before you throw in the bighest factor, as a United supporter, I was never convinced of Beckham. I just call it as it is :cool:

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So your telling me in those two years of Scholes not scoring his performances were good enough to keep his place in the team?? Lets be realistic, he was poor at best.
As for only noticing Lampard at the Euro's thats cause one of the main reasons is that Gerrard had to play the holding role in the centre. If Lampard had the defensive duties and Gerrard was able to bomb forward like he does for Liverpool then you might have seen the real Stevie G. When England need someone on the left hand side of the mid do they ask Lampard to play there?? Do they hell, he is no where near as versitile as Gerrard.

As for seeing where he'll be in a few years....probably in Madrid and captain of England

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not only do you make excuses for Gerrard, but you also contradict yourself. You said the reason why Gerrard wasn't at his best or "the real Stevie G" as you put it was because of the roll he was given. Yet you say he's a versatile player?? So which is it? Is he versatile or was he playing a position he didn't perform well at? Like Walks said about Scholes, he was playing out of position for England and wasn't at his best either, but his performances were only rated poor by the public and the one's who, like yourself, felt no goals meant he was struggling. The coach as well as his fellow players always knew what he brought to the game. Sven himself said Scholes was always one of the first players penned on the starting line-up! But then again what would they know as opposed to the punters who think they know? :eek:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like you said before this isn't going to end with one convincing the other.
Truth is I'd love to have seen Gerrard at United, but for now he's not a finished product by any stretch of the imagination.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't even enter this ridiculous arguement about someone who has yet to reach levels that would even consider him a hero at Anfield, by Anfield standards, compared to someone who's won it all (minus the World Cup) and is next to impossible to replace. Let's leave this arguement to when Gerrard get a bit older and more time to mature. Potential is what it is...potential and that's all. Don't even get me started with Scholesy!!!! :mad:

I think the one, massive, oddity that everyone is missing in discussing the game on Monday is the noticable and stunning silence in the media as to the result of the game! Games between these two teams in the past are table deciders and football writers write for weeks on the subject on how the winning team is going on to win the league and the other is facing disaster and everything should be changed including the board directors. It's a good indication of how low both these teams have fallen off the radar in the media in regards to title contenders. :(

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2003-04 statistics:

Keane made 27 league starts for United.
Wins=19
Draws=4
Losses=3
Without Keane in the line up:
Wins=4
Draws=2
Losses=6

Gerrard made 34 league starts for Liverpool.
Wins=14
Draws=12
Losses=8
Without Gerrard in the line up:
Wins=2
Draws=0
Losses=2

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, good debate but enough about Gerrard and Keane.

Gerrard is overrated. He plateaued about 3 years ago. Apart from the odd fantastic match, he is not consistent enough.

Anyway, you Red Devils out there, how do you feel about visiting White Hart Lane on the weekend to play a newly revamped Spurs side unbeaten so far?

What do you reckon will happen?

It's on Sportsnet at 7am on Saturday btw.

Daz :cool:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll say 1-0 to Spurs, with Ledley marshalling the back four superbly again.

The lad is an absolute colossus right now. I can't see Sol or Rio getting their place back in the England side at his expense, as long as he avoids injury.

He gave up his first foul of the season on the weekend :rolleyes:

Daz

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa Daz! Let's not get carried away here. Ledley has done a great job in the absence of Rio and Sol, but when those 2 are fit there are none better. Not since Adams has England had 2 better defenders!! I might take Ledley over J. Terry if that helps. But I'm also aware you might be TTP.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector, I'm not TTP.

Seriously, the Spurs fans have been waiting for years for the day that Ledders gets picked ahead of Rsol.

He is way better technichally, and much better at his age than Rsol was. Uses the ball better for one, and is looking fantastic this year. No doubt he is benefitting from the experienced Naybet next to him. Our defence is very stingy now, so it will be a good test against Van Horsetleroy and the boys on the weekend.

Should be a cracker! Can't wait.

Daz :D

p.s. I see we don't have Sky Sports News anymore....tragic that!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now with Rio back, I'll call a 2-1 victory for the Red Devils

Seconded :D

It should be a really tough match at White Hart Lane but with United fielding a fairly full strength side, I think United will be too much for Spurs. Incredibly, Spurs have only scored 4 Premier League goals in 6 games with draws against Liverpool, West Brom :rolleyes: , Norwich :rolleyes: , and Chelsea.

Ledley will have to be at his best to keep Ruud off the scoresheet.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a feeling that no matter how good Gerrard is and or gets I will never win this argument.

Time to pack up the tent and walk away!!

Strange that.......Utd and Liverpool fans not seeing eye to eye!
Do find it funny though that you lot are depending on a Scouser to lead you back to glory.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
people slagging people on hear about been united supporters, cant back up what they are saying,fcuk me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been to old trafford umpteen times as a young kid late, 70s that is ,loyal supporter of united ,love united, and people talk some shite about united,has any one on here even ever been to trafford park :rolleyes: :rolleyes: fcuk lets hare how many times :confused: :confused: walks blazed

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Psssst, EmptyHeed.

Look over here. Shiny object. Shiny object. Walks and Inspector Blake are on your side.

Buckfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0