Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
lfc3, don't you think some of the blame has to go to the selling club as well? They should refuse to sell to their rivals!

I'm pretty sure ManU did that with Heinze a few years back when Liverpool were bidding.

Yes and no, at the end of the day players do not go anywhere they don't want to, a very different part of the process than you see in North America. Pool would love to ditch Big Andy, but he is dictating where he will or won't go. Without being in the room, I bet Wenger was completely backed into a corner, and in the end likely had no choice, 20+ now or risk less in January or nothing next summer.

And Heinze, like Benayoon and Miereles, are different in my mind, although somewhat hypocritical I know. V. Persie arguably the most lethal finisher in the business, and worshipped I am sure by most Arsenal supporters. I would say we are talking about less than a dozen players I would feel as strongly about.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my mind, whatever word you use, be it betrayal, selfishness or disrespectful, but that is how I view RVP. Big players simply don't move from one big club to another in the same league. Not a blanket statement, big players, big clubs. Bitter rivals, bitter enemies.

Kenny Miller
perfect example
huns...hoops...huns...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes and no, at the end of the day players do not go anywhere they don't want to, a very different part of the process than you see in North America. Pool would love to ditch Big Andy, but he is dictating where he will or won't go. Without being in the room, I bet Wenger was completely backed into a corner, and in the end likely had no choice, 20+ now or risk less in January or nothing next summer.

And Heinze, like Benayoon and Miereles, are different in my mind, although somewhat hypocritical I know. V. Persie arguably the most lethal finisher in the business, and worshipped I am sure by most Arsenal supporters. I would say we are talking about less than a dozen players I would feel as strongly about.

$20+ million now - $20 million for not making the Champions League without him this season is pretty much a wash anyway.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's here, and here are my predictions:

1)Man U- and not because of the RVP signing, because they have one of the best centerbacks in the world healthy again. As happy as I am MCFC one last year, and as much as everyone says MUFC were shite last year they did only lose the league on goal difference, and they were without Vidic. I thought before the RVP signing they were going to win, RVP just makes it that much harder for everyone else.

2) Man City-I think it will be extremely close between the two Manchester clubs, but as said above I can see MU edging it. I also believe both teams will be above the 89 points from last year. It will be a two horse race.

3)Chelsea-they will be a distant third in a battle with Arsenal, but they have added a couple of exciting players that will help this year.

4)Arsenal-With all the players that have left over the years, Wenger still puts out an exciting product, maybe not for the supporters, but at least for the football fan. I am sure once again Wenger has a player or two that will step up and perform, and make arsenal really good, just not good enough to win a trophy.

5)Newcastle- I think they will build on last year

6)Spurs- AVB will take time, no Modric, no Adebayor, it will be a long season, but they still have some quality players there.

Most shut outs-Joe Hart
Most Goals- Kun
Most talked about and hated player-SuperMario
Most new hair-Rooney

PS- love MU's new striking duo-Fatman & Robin

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool and Arsenal looked awesome today. Definitely should avoid relegation with those performances only because QPR and Norwich were that bad today...........Swansea clinical on the counter.....Liverpool clinical on......losing 3 - 0 to WBA.

Go on Spurs.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't spurs sell Modric? I don't understand why they will wait until the last minute to sell and have no time to buy. Arsenal did it last year with Nasri. At least Arsenal have time bring in some quality with the money from Song & RVP.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get In! A Shite'pool loss, at home, and a Newcastle come from behind win, great start to my Saturday! :D

Come On Everton!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Sir Alex will be crying into his £24m ale tonight, while Carrick goes and writes on the chalk board,

I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled
I must not get schooled

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I thought we kept Carrick because he made a good cup of tea :rolleyes:

Fellaini was an absolute tower tonight ...... For all our possession (69%) and passing, we lacked that cutting edge in the box. Credit though to Everton, they defended well and always give us a tough game.

The bright spot for United is to see Vidic back and the new fella' Kagawa looks quite the player. Early days .....

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree on Fellaini - he was outstanding, tons of confidence and hunger for the ball.

When was the late time ManU was in last place in the EPL?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little article I read today -

4. Darren Dein the Destroyer
Deep within this excellent post on the excellent Arsenal blog Gunnerblog, about Alex Song's departure from the North London club, is the fact that Song is the last of Darren Dein's clients to be sold by Arsene Wenger. Who is Darren Dein? He's an agent and player adviser. So it's not shocking that he's involved in players being transferred. What's shocking is that Dein's father was David Dein, a legendary Arsenal executive and Wenger's one-time right-hand man. Together they built Arsenal into one of the finest franchises in Europe. But due to a struggle over the ownership of the club between Stan Kroenke (the club's largest shareholder) and Alisher Usmanov (a Russian billionaire and the club's second largest shareholder), Dein has been, more or less, exiled from the club, leaving in 2007. His son, Darren, has played a part in the exits of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy, Robin van Persie, and now Song. It's all a bit cloak-and-dagger and murky as to what the motivations are, or what the truth is, but it sure reads like Dein is avenging his father's exile. Fascinating stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0