Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RSSL - Winter Season 2008/2009

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to say that since the break the Athletics have been one of the toughest teams to play. It's really too bad that they didn't turn it on sooner.

Ante should stick to playing short handed as they seem to get better results.

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 players for the whole night and Ante up still win? That's pretty weak on the Young gunners part. Real has really slipped up since November any reason why?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. X, Real had everything to prove and justifiably stormed right out of the gates and put up six or so successive wins. None of their opponents really knew what they were about and it's very possible that they were underestimated.

By November, most teams aren't as rusty as they were in September and that seems to be when they began to fade.

In my opinion, they're a good enough side that deserve to stay up but I'd probably rate the Harps, Ante, Players and the Athletics as tougher and more talented teams to play. It should be interesting to see how they do at the provincials.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons will be organizing a bangbus to Pee Gee if anyone is interested. As long as I don't get sloppy seconds a la avery. Wet suits extra. Just joking hun.

Already looked at Airfare. $300-400 per person on Westjet or Air Canada (if they don't go bankrupt). It's a 9 hour drive from Vancouver. Hotels will be $100-150 before tax.

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prince George? Ouch. Hopefully all the teams from the RSSL that make it will be able to take their full rosters and won't be handicapped by having some players not make it due to travel issues.

Tuna, good analysis on Real, that makes sense and I'm also very interested to hear how they do at the provincials.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RSSL is looking into a Masters Division (Over 35) for the 2009-2010 season. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at nestacio@richmondseniorsoccer.com . This is open to current RSSL teams as well as teams not currently in the RSSL.

This division would be Over 35 with a limit of 5 Over 30. Once we get it off the ground,we would look at bringing the limit of underaged players to 3, just as in the VMSL and FVSL.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead,

I realize that you're still in the initial planning stages of the O35s, but do you already have an idea of whether these games would all be played on the Friday nights?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silly me I posted in the Richmond Senior Soccer website with questions regarding this league. Nice forum you have there, apparently the members are a bit shy, five days later and no answer to my post.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would it be OK if I joined that forum and said TTP was looking for new members?

Honest question.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since you've been there and read my question I posted to them, do you know the answer. Are they on M cards like us or some kind of a "B" masters?

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve,

This didn't get off the ground last year for various reasons. I believe we are all signed to only play in the B cups, as many have complained about before, but the intention- I hope- would be to play for a provincial spot - just like you do. I am sure this would take quite a lot of paper work, not to mention more than 4 -6 teams. 10 would be much better, but could kill the league if the likes of Dragons, All blacks and Harps were to leave. The other teams are not nearly of age. So I have a hard time believing this is going to work.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead,

I realize that you're still in the initial planning stages of the O35s, but do you already have an idea of whether these games would all be played on the Friday nights?

I don't see Friday working just becasue of the fact that there are only so many slots to go around. Initial thought would be Saturday's since there are far more fields available. Sunday would be a second option, but it is early we'd have to see what we have available to us regarding fields when that time comes.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0