Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2004/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody has been spending their prep time in the school computer lab - nice work.

The old guy looks like he's on his last legs!

andtothinktheresajuniorbambotwaitinginthewingsscary

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Hibs 3

Unlike my Hun counterparts(RF/Guinness excluded), I will come on the site after a loss. Without the three mentioned(you're right, BillyBoy, I was doing research in my computer lab at school, as I live and sleep there) , we were utter mince today. I guess it shows how bad Rangers are. Anyway, Hibs went up in the first 6 minutes on a classic counter-attack and of course a woeful bit of defending by Varga who was skinned, thanks to shocking attempt to get the ball. We had one good chance but the tub of goo Hartson(which he has been for months since signing his contract) fired wide from 7 yards.

HIbs had two great chances at the start of the second half to up but failed. Celtic responded with a Beattie goal and were carrying the play. Fatson/Balde missed two great chances within seconds to put Celtic ahead. Then another counter-attack and this time Valgaaren(why he was playing I will never know when Laursen/Henchoz were on the bench) his man get the wrong side of him. The most basic mistake an 8 year old could make was performed by Joosless Valgaaren. This was with 10 minutes to go and then once again in a counter-attack(have we noticed a theme yet?) Brown is sprung free, while all the defenders were pushed forward for a free-kick, and then Petrov(who had one of his worst games I've ever seen from him) overcommits instead of containing, allowing Brown to push the ball past him on one side and pick it up on the other. This put him through on goal and he chipped the ball over Marshall(actually took a deflection off Jackie Mac's last gasp tackle) and that was game, set, and match.

I guess the only thing Celtic fans can hope for after that performance(besides a speedy recovery from Bellam,Sutton,and Agathe) is another WOBBLY peformance from the Huns tomorrow against an Aberdeen team which MUST win to keep pace with Hibs for the UEFA Cup spot......

StillinfirstplacenomatterwhatsoitisverydifficultforHunstosaymuch

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"StillinfirstplacenomatterwhatsoitisverydifficultforHunstosay much"......except keep up those positive pre-match thoughts

billy boy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You really can't say much, can ya Billy Boy, until your shower of shite team is in first place and/or in the FA Cup final? Ooops, too late for one and after tomorrow too late for the other.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes - There is a God

Come on Rangers.
We have to beat the Sheep Shaggers tomorrow.

:knvb:

Heanjob:
It was an Edge bandana - Get it right son. ;)

I was surrounded by a bunch of hoopy hounds and still maintained my composure 'in the name of love'.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we were utter mince today. I guess it shows how bad Rangers are.

Or does it really show us the difference between Celtic with and without Bellamy? Perhaps the kind of player who can be as dominating(in the SPL) as Larsson?! The next few games will be telling as to how badly the "hoops" will miss their "text messaging welshman".

methinksbellamy'splayedhislastgameforthehoops ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake,

You're spot on with that. Without Bellamy, we would be at least 6 points behind the Huns. He has won games outright for us(Dundee United 3 - 2 springs to mind immediately)and has made a huge impact. To be honest, I don't think the board will fork out the money. Bellamy will probably play next week. He is recovering ahead of schedule and with today's performance, it wouldn't surprise me to see the three players who were missing today back next week. If not next Saturday, we'll see Bellamy the week after, but hopefully it won't be too late by then.

Having said that, both teams are not good this year and the winner will be the weakest in a LONG LONG time.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgive me Father for I ..... Hail Mary Mother..... Honestly Father we are not a one man team but I could sure use Mr Bellamy right about now.

What do you think Captain, could it/will it go right down to the wire?

Billy Boy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BillyBoy,

After watching Celtic yesterday, I'm starting to think it will go down to that last game. If we put the same squad out next week, we will be in trouble. Seriously. On top of that, the goal difference has gone back in favour of Rangers......

From what I heard today, Aberdeen were mince and the Huns were full value for their win. I honestly think Celtic will try and play Bellamy/Sutton/Agathe next week because they have to. When they take the field on Sunday, Rangers will probably be in first place because I think they play Motherwell at home????? So anything but a win would see Celtic in second place.

As bad as both teams have been(Yes, Celtic has relied on Bellamy FAR too much), it makes for an exciting finish if nothing else....

Hail Hail

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't run away nor am I hiding Captain, I have been busy with work and away from vancouver....and my PC

Yes it stung when we lost to youse.... I can accept that we are in second place...And that we will probably finish there, but there are games left and that's why they play the games....

Holy Smokes The hibees are playin some fine lookin footy. They play less kick and run than the old firm play, they keep it rollin on the floor... If they can manage to hold on to some of this young talent the SPL could turn into a three team league. Imagine that!!!

C'mon the Gers!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BluenoseJohn,

You're absolutely right about Hibs. They do keep the ball on the deck and they are quick, which is what Celtic isn't. Tony Mowbray has them believing in themselves and there is a lot of young talent. I think Rangers have to travel there for the last game of the season, which will be no easy task, like Celtic's visit to Tynecastle.......As we have said over the last few weeks, both OF teams are very average this year but somehow they are still 26 points clear of the rest. That doesn't say much about the league, does it?

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League Table
P GD PTS
1 Celtic 36 50 89
2 Rangers 36 52 87
3 Hibernian 36 9 61
4 Aberdeen 36 2 55
5 Hearts 36 5 50
6 Motherwell 36 -1 45
7 Inverness CT 36 -5 43
8 Kilmarnock 36 -12 43
9 Livingston 36 -25 34
10 Dundee Utd 36 -18 33
11 Dunfermline 36 -23 31
12 Dundee 36 -34 31

Two more to go.........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it doesn't.... But here's to a three team race next season, with the Young hibbees giving us something to worry about. I hate losing, but I'm all for another team making games worth watching other than the OF games...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 Motherwell 1

Shota Arveladze and Thomas Duffel with braces each.

Nice to see Mr. Bean do well in his last start at Ibrox.

GlasgowRangersforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mini-Huns 1 Celtic 2

A deserved result BUT it was a rubbish game......I must admit that I thought Hearts should have had a penalty in the last couple of minutes. Beattie's challenge on Pressley looked like a foul but Pressley was booked for diving and consequently red carded......for his second yellow.......

One more to go CSC

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more.... Unfortunately the season has come down to us rangers fans hoping like hell some miracle happens and Well come up up with a near impossible win, while we have to hold off recently impressive Hibs...

Unfortunate to drop points earlier in the season to teams we had no business dropping points to... :p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exciting weekend upon us. Aberdeen can steal the Uefa cup spot from Hibees if they win and Rangers win. Rangers will win title if they manage a victory at Hibs, and Celtic does anything other than win. More rumours floating around about MON not returning to the Tic Sidelines next season. source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4566399.stm

There is also many interesting scenarios at the bottom of the table... I think this whole split season business has shaped up to provide for some potentially entertaining fixtures and the confusion that comes along with slotting the results...

My prediction ,even though I'm a Rangers Supporter is that they will manage to lose as they have every time they needed a win to pass Celtic this season re: Dundee Utd, ICT..... I believe Celtic will draw at Well to make the loss to Hibs even more painful for the Gers and helping McLeish out the door, and Hibs secures the UEFA spot, as I think they have earned it this season although the slow start... I don't believe the sheepshaggers have what it takes to compete in Europe whereas Hibees have the pace and skill to perform if they can hang on to their young talent.

I think Dundee and Livi will draw and Dundee Utd will secure victory against ICT leaving Dunfermline dropping to the first div from 9th place.
My predictions... anyone else care to offer theirs?

Also: Who would be your choices of gaffers for the old firm if Mon quits and AMC gets the sack?
I would think it logical to have Robertson take the post at Piggery but have no thoughts on who might be the replacement for Alex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0