Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Past performance?

Come on, SirM
You get back into town sporting a Palm Spring's tan, wearing fancy shoes, and your 2 club teams just had big victories, and all we get out of you is one-liners?

What was your take? Give more info, man!

BTW, so far, your rankings have me 3 for 3 plus the WV/SFC sleeper. Thank you.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a number of Vikings in the WV camp, but last I heard they had 11 players and a Van rented. Pillaging across the water was a Viking tradition for years on the labour day weekend.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, sorry, but Sir M is a tad under the weather today, for some reason :rolleyes:. Although I just ran into Eagles, and I am in a hell of a lot better shape than he is today.

As far as the game went, I will post on the BC Masters thread, or not.

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fact, staff are crunching numbers as we speak, a VISL side may end up in #1 spot in the rankings this week, you never know...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VISL is substandard?

Missed the Provincial Finals last year did you?

Definitely missing it this year...

Vicman:
All in fun my friend.
TTP and all that.

If you only knew the shite and abuse we FVSLers get from the VMSLers all year about our league being crap, it was more a cheeky poke at them than you.
Hence the ;)

Cheers and good luck,
RF

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fact, staff are crunching numbers as we speak, a VISL side may end up in #1 spot in the rankings this week, you never know...

Based on the Fact that FVSL Delta took out #1 ranked Sapp, they are more than deserving on the top spot, WV could be up for consideration, but #2 for them would at least have them as the under dog going into this great quarter final game.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, thanks to everyone for the lively discussion and input as to these rankings. And of course there were some interesting developments this last weekend: most notably, the cubs scurrying back up to Whistler to babysit when their good Rangers friends sat waiting for a little cub companionship. How things change.

But enough about that. We are now down to the final eight in

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 6). DMU beat the much vaunted Sapperton Rovers in New West this last weekend, handing the former #1 ranked side just their third loss this year in all competitions. Staff report that Sapperton may have been suffering with a bit of a bout of hubris in that one.

Hubris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home to WVFC next on Sunday at Holly Park.

2. UVic Alumni. (VISL. Last week's rank: 3). UVic had an easy time with the Vikings this last week (somehow, that seems a bit unholy). But in any event, they are through, and enjoy a favourable draw being at home to the upstart Coveside team in Victoria this weekend. Careful about hubris jojo13, staff advise

3. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). WVFC defeated SFC Rangers on the weekend at Ambleside. WVFC now have to travel out to Delta, which is three bridges, a tunnel, a birdie, a mallard, and a duck away. That should be a good game.

4. Columbus FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Columbus maintain their spot after edging out PCOV. They are a highly skilled side, but ironically, for a team named Columbus, do not like to travel overseas. Away to the always dangerous Vantreights next.

5. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Westside survived a bit of a scare at Roma on Sunday, while Rene and Sir M discussed how Columbus keep getting jobbed by referees. They are at home to Nanaimo Utd, and staff are now taking an official position that they will be without one of their most dangerous attackers for that one, due to a red card incurred last week.

6. Nanaimo United (VISL. Last week's rank: 8). Nanaimo beat a tough Mission side, and no, we are not speaking about parochial school discipline here. This week, they must take the long ferry ride out to the University of British Columbia, which is a place students attend to further their education after (senior) high school in a University setting.

7. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 12). Coveside had a huge win over RCIU this weekend, and are getting staff to sit up and pay attention. Away at UVIC next. A test.

8. Vantreights (VISL. Last week's rank: 13). Vantreights are up a big five spots after their defeat of the always dangerous Gorge on PKs. They host Columbus next, and staff are predicting that Vantreights could very well win that one.

Next week, we will be down to four. Good luck to all sides, and may the best teams win.

Sir M.

Galby

Apr 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are fair rankings given the results on the weekend. A wee bit cheaky not to recognize the reigning champs as #1 but having played Delta last year we know they are a quality side. Nanaimo is a very tough team that would have won the Island except for a little tiff with the league causing them to lose 9 points.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, thanks to everyone for the lively discussion and input as to these rankings. And of course there were some interesting developments this last weekend: most notably, the cubs scurrying back up to Whistler to babysit when their good Rangers friends sat waiting for a little cub companionship. How things change.

Once again, due to some great scheduling of our Provincial game, we were unable to stay behind. A commitment was made and paid for, so that was the only reason there was no Cub Love to RF and the boys. All will be sorted with RF and Coach at the Nations Cup.

Let me see, West Van played ALL their home games on a Friday night or on a Saturday afternoon during the whole season. WV was the home team and we get scheduled Saturday night at 6pm due to no field availability. However, Friday night the VPD played WVFD at Ambleside turf at 7pm. Strange turn of events for fields not being available.

I think it was good planning on the part of the Cubs ....... especially when it was Telus Snowboarding weekend in Whistler.

JAGS

Bigdog

Apr 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its to bad we dont stick to the dates that were first showin for the cup games,
As a lot of guys have to work and cannt make the games when they are moved to Sundays.
Nice time for Nanaimo to be playing against Westside 3.30pm on Sunday. That will be a 9.00pm ferry ride back to the island. Who ever did that schedule ????
If that was a Vancouver team they wont like it and it would probaly get changed back to a descent time.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you want Westside to pack you a sandwich when you go back on the ferry that night. Boo fukin Hoo!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, big dog I can relate...a few years back we got stuck in Nanaimo on a shite field....however, we still won and the "late" ferry ride back was most enjoyable. You might not be so happy.

Bigdog

Apr 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow !!! Easy boys it wasnt a personal attack on anyone. Im sure everyone just wants a good game, nice field and a couple of beers after.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS, West Van Parks give up their fields right after the regular season. I have no idea how West Van Fire got the Friday at 8 spot, but the fact is we (WVFC) were double booked again, so as a club we had to adjust. But I was just TTPing about the cubs going snowboarding (that would be a great image, now that I think of it).

As you are well aware, Sir M loves the Cubs. Make sure your boots are strapped up early this weekend.

Sir M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0