Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knv... B

Of course, how stupid of me not to think you were joking by strategically placing the dancing fruit like you did. Feel like a twat now don't I?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
geu vs pau

definitly not the same showing by geu tonight as showed last week against poco, could not get anything going tonight. pau played very hard and was passing very well, pretty much just out played us really. the score could have been much different but millsy made some terriffic saves. the undefeated streak is over :( Congrats to PAU on a good game....onto delta metro saturday hopefully we come to play.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with pretty much everything posted, they did not come out with the same intensity. Too many dead ball kicks not turning into good chances. You should know that playing PAU, with guys like Guinness, Cainy, and Studsup, you're going to get a tonne of fouls for free kicks and they need to turn into goals.
"Missy" by far player of the game, although Guinness was pretty tricky hiding behind the blades of turf out there and sprouting up for loose balls.

It'll be nice for them to get that loss out of the way, teams will stop gunning to give them thier first loss, and they can, as Paulsation put it, go back to playing normal instead of cautious soccer.

PS:someone who knows how/when to use a camera take KNVB's away from him so we can get some good pics. :wa:

(Notice the dancing banana, it means i'm kidding)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB...it's called "Take-the-Piss". Should have known that, shouldn't have you?

Kindest regards,

~Dude- member, Outer Circle.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree with some of the game analysis, especially the bit about GEU not being in the best of form. Millsy was definately superb last night, stopping two full on break aways, as well as some close range efforts. The stop on Kegan was nothing short of brilliant, for those of you who didn't see it, it was a full volley from about 12 yards out through traffic hit with pace in the top corner. With the traffic in front Millsy had to have picked it up late, i still can't believe he got his paw on it :confused:
If Geu eventually win the league, they will know they never beat the defending champs. They tied us late in the first match, it was a shyte goal, and we felt like we deserved better, so this match put it right. :wa:
Usually matches like this you don't make to many changes and keep your best eleven out there. Last night we had 20 lads dressed everyone played including 2 cat guys making there first team debuts :p

Lastly, there is still only one team that has gone undefeated in theFVSL premier division. I just had to pull the teeshirt out of the drawer to check the year 1995/ 1996 champs Surrey United :wa:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
Peach Arch 1, GEU 0. Love to see this result. Well done to the PA boys who hung on all game for the win. Have to say that GEU really didn't get anything going for themselves all 90. Millsy, who I think is shite :wa: , made a couple of key saves to keep a few off the score sheet. GEU on the other hand just couldn't hit anywhere near the net.

So, which was it? that PAU hung on all match, or was it that GEU really didn't get anything going for themselves all 90 ????? What a muppet :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Small consolation....

....but consolation none-the-less

There have been very few moments to be content with this season within the PAU camp. It's been a rough go, but last night was big for us. Playing for pride, and self-respect more than anything, the boys answered the bell. A good show of character.

Games vs GEU are always intense, and although I have seen them sharper than they were last night, they are deserving of congratulations for having put together a great season thus far. Best of luck the rest of the way, and in the Provincials. :(

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good points on the match last night as PAU was well deserving of the three points. GEU not much of anything at all last night as we did not play our best at all :rolleyes: PAU good side with lots of hard work and we just didn't match it. Millsy kept us in it as he was superb. If any consolation this was a game that GEU could afford to lose, not that we wanted to lose any but we lost points to a team that can't catch us. Yet Delta can catch GEU and it should be a big game next Saturday afternoon@15k

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
Lastly, there is still only one team that has gone undefeated in theFVSL premier division. I just had to pull the teeshirt out of the drawer to check the year 1995/ 1996 champs Surrey United :wa:

That's it Cainy, just keep living in the past. Good thing you reminded us all cuz we've all forgotten about it already.
;)

superfoxs

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This mis my first visit to TTP in about 4 months and other than PAU winning a game nothing much has changed "Cainy is still living out of the scrap book Studsup is still taking out of his ass and KVNB is still a cnut! Antway, how about a email or a phone call you PAU bastards!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
superfoxs said:
This mis my first visit to TTP in about 4 months and other than PAU winning a game nothing much has changed "Cainy is still living out of the scrap book Studsup is still taking out of his ass and KVNB is still a cnut! Antway, how about a email or a phone call you PAU bastards!

Hey Soup baby!! what's shakin'? Tried to PM you to say hello, but with the new restrictions on non-members, was unable.

hey, did you know PAU is unbeaten in league play since Nov.2!!??......That was about the time you left for 'Zona, was it not?? ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a little worried. I haven't heard anything about the Poco vs. SUFC game that was supposed to be played last night.

No posts from Poco yet, does that mean they lost?

Anyone know the score?

:confused:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Yoda is was posted in another thread.....MOTW quarterfinals......Poco won the game 1-0 and were lucky in doing so.....both teams looked bad thru out the game and Poco's goal came when an SUFC player coughed the ball up about 25 yards out and a Poco player put it lower corner.....SUFC and Poco both had efforts cleared off the line

question....is Osame that annoying guy that runs up and down the line whining?

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"No posts from Poco yet, does that mean they lost?
Anyone know the score?"

1-0 Poco...uneventful....little intensity for the Pak.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
hey Yoda is was posted in another thread.....MOTW quarterfinals......Poco won the game 1-0 and were lucky in doing so.....both teams looked bad thru out the game and Poco's goal came when an SUFC player coughed the ball up about 25 yards out and a Poco player put it lower corner.....SUFC and Poco both had efforts cleared off the line

question....is Osame that annoying guy that runs up and down the line whining?

You might be correct in your judgement of myself, but your comments about the game show that your not very futbol wise but ;) just another plummer from the "boonies"

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
If Geu eventually win the league, they will know they never beat the defending champs. They tied us late in the first match, it was a shyte goal, and we felt like we deserved better, so this match put it right. :wa:
Usually matches like this you don't make to many changes and keep your best eleven out there. Last night we had 20 lads dressed everyone played including 2 cat guys making there first team debuts :p

Scouting report on Geu...as they lack much depth/subs, make a ton of subs and use the energy to win all the loose balls. Avoid giving up free kicks in your own end and throw-ins inside your 30 - cause they can march all their horses up the park. Always challenge the big men on crosses and get a piece, then pick up the knock downs with tight marking. Millsy charges out pretty quick on breakaways to make himself even bigger and cut the angle. Try not to let Millsy carry the ball up to his 30 to launch deep kicks. Pull his hair when you get a chance. Let them try and carry it out of the back by taking away the flanks and make them go up the middle.
As for who our best 11 are, I'll take a fresh decent player over a tired starter in many cases...cainy's multisub strategy was the difference.
I'm sure these points are not unknown to many of you but maybe this will help you take on the frontrunner. :D
Our matches this year were more enjoyable to play and there was considerably less nattering at each other...I respect how hard they play and they do have some good players. :cool:
We're done at this point and can't make the bc's, and although we didn't have a good year, we are only a couple games out of it to have a chance...thinking back to a few games that we could have won. Good luck to the teams that represent the valley this year...you'll be in tough but go at'em.
No offense to the Langley boys...they have had a great season but I don't rate them...but I think they were missing their best midfielder when we played them last.
gn's a good team + Geu
poco not as strong as they were
delta are fast and dangerous but vulnerable at the back
I still think N. Delta are a pretty good team

I was talking with Crafty fri night how different teams have problems with certain teams, like us with gn and him with Langley. So it is tough to say who is the best, but that is the parity that the league is looking for I guess.
A disappointing year for Pau, but I think the club will rebound next season.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Scouting report on Geu...as they lack much depth/subs, make a ton of subs and use the energy to win all the loose balls. Avoid giving up free kicks in your own end and throw-ins inside your 30 - cause they can march all their horses up the park. Always challenge the big men on crosses and get a piece, then pick up the knock downs with tight marking. Millsy charges out pretty quick on breakaways to make himself even bigger and cut the angle. Try not to let Millsy carry the ball up to his 30 to launch deep kicks. Pull his hair when you get a chance. Let them try and carry it out of the back by taking away the flanks and make them go up the middle.
As for who our best 11 are, I'll take a fresh decent player over a tired starter in many cases...cainy's multisub strategy was the difference.
I'm sure these points are not unknown to many of you but maybe this will help you take on the frontrunner. :D
Our matches this year were more enjoyable to play and there was considerably less nattering at each other...I respect how hard they play and they do have some good players. :cool:
We're done at this point and can't make the bc's, and although we didn't have a good year, we are only a couple games out of it to have a chance...thinking back to a few games that we could have won. Good luck to the teams that represent the valley this year...you'll be in tough but go at'em.
No offense to the Langley boys...they have had a great season but I don't rate them...but I think they were missing their best midfielder when we played them last.
gn's a good team + Geu
poco not as strong as they were
delta are fast and dangerous but vulnerable at the back
I still think N. Delta are a pretty good team

I was talking with Crafty fri night how different teams have problems with certain teams, like us with gn and him with Langley. So it is tough to say who is the best, but that is the parity that the league is looking for I guess.
A disappointing year for Pau, but I think the club will rebound next season.

Sounds like everybody else (other than PAU) has been extremely lucky this year. I feel extremely privleged to have this forum so that the mighty nation can enlighten the masses. What would we do without you Aves. You are sooooooooooooo smart.

Feeling pretty good about being unrated in the sticks.

:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
You are sooooooooooooo smart.

:D

nice rebuttal :eek: why don't you print it out and put it on the dressing room wall so you can really fire up the boys. :rolleyes:
typing all those o's really drove home your point...which was?
1.I rate a number of teams...but not yours - sorry if that upsets you that I have an opinion on this.
2. I stated that we didn't get the job done...no excuses - we don't deserve to be there based on our play.
3. You should be proud of your season
4. I don't speak for "the nation" although many share my opinion of your side...but that's somewhat understandable considering we beat you 5-0.
5. good luck to you:D perhaps I'll change my mind when I see you play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0