Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The World Scene

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately no

I was planning on it CD but I have to go car hunting Saturday morning before our game.

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
useless wank...

While walking through Trafalgar Square today on my way to takethepiss.com at Canada House, Mercedes was having a promotion underneath Nelson's watchful eye involving their new 'Smart' car. The promotion involved seeing how many Englishmen could fit into the ridiculously tiny car and then seeing whether or not their sausage munching counterparts could outdo the 14 suffocating people shoved into a space smaller than a Meraloma trophy cabinet. The winning 'team' from Newcastle won a trip to Japan for the World Cup amid much playing of seminal Lightning Seed's track 'Football's Coming Home'. How did they train for that, then?

The whole episode prompted me to bask in the warm afterglow of massive anti-teutonic sentiment as the English 'winners' smugly tried to re-start the circulation to their nether regions and the hun sulked off to their oompah bands, reruns of Knight Rider and Punky Brewster, and bemoaning the world's collective distrust of the much maligned and still uniquely German-American popularity of the mullet or whatever it is such people are wont to do. Oh the might and comfort of stereotypes.

Amid the hyperbole and breathless, almost apoplectic, reporting of the readiness of Beckham's groin for the match on Saturday, I am of the opinion that England might not just be better off without him, particularly if he's not 100%. A fit Gerrard proves a far more direct and perhaps less obvious threat to the German backline. Still, Michael Owen's the on-form man and, for once, the thought of an over-the-hill Bierhoff spearheading a German attack doesn't strike much fear. If there was ever a time to beat the fcukers this is it...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the word on Hargreaves? I'm on a painfully slow computer at the lab, so I don't have the patience to look it up myself. I'll merely resign myself in requesting the information and hope the answer will be posted by the time I get home.

WorkingatquarterspeedKeeper

P.S. Number 2, I'll try to remember to give Papa Fritz a call tonight.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland

Also, is anyone aware of anyplace that may show the Scotland game on tape delay (I assume all the games are on at the same time)? I'd be very interested in that result.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dam busters!

Hargreaves is in. Good to hear. Maybe he can kick Cole off the squad that useless fcuking, can't shoot straight, only score goals cos' I get a million fcuking chances with Man Utd off the squad. Give him the boots to polish or something.:mad:

I thought Sven, let Cole have the whole game against Holland as a send off, a farewell, a thank you??

The Line up as for saturdays game:
Seaman, Martyn,

Wright, G Neville,Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Brown, Southgate, Carragher, P Neville,

Mills, Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard, Barmby ,
Hargreaves, Carrick, McManaman, Lampard, Murphy, Owen, Fowler, Heskey, Andy Cole.

Bring it on. Go you 3 Lions.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland Supporter

This means that I also support any team that plays against England, especially if they can beat them.
Good to see that the Hargraves Soap-Opera will finally be over by Saturday, it was geating irritating reading and hearing about it before every qualifing game.
Don't wish him any luck, turning his back on Canada, but it is the best for his football career.

Will be watching the games with the Scot's and the Kraut's.

MAJOR:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
turning his back on Canada
After Canada turned their back on him: kicking him off the U-16 National program?

Right. Don't worry yourself about him or Canada. I'm certain both will get along fine without each other's company (probably one a little better than the other).

It just occured to me: Hargreaves will probably make more money than Canada will get in funding. Ironic isn't it?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Good Enough at 15

Hargraves was not strong enough of a player at 15 to make the U-16 team or at least, that is what the coaches thought when he was cut.
He now will hold a grudge against the country because he had a bad try-out or the coaches at the time made the wrong decision; five years ago.
Do you think that every player that plays for the national team made every single development team along the way.
If they did'nt they should hold a grudge when they become a stronger player and screw the country they were born in.

I hope the kid gets in this weekend and gets kicked all over the park.
He will probably try to turn his back on England when he isn't selected to the first team in years to come.
Too bad, he already made his decision.

MAJOR :mad:

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hargreaves

The geezer has obviously strange parentage. Part Canadian, part Welsh:eek: , part English soon to be German. I'm sure some Scotish crept in there as well. Why can't he just play for Chelsea. He'll fit in just right there.

anyways Owen is young and has a lot to learn, as was demonstrated against Holland. Zenden kept him under wraps.
But if he does play a blinder, he will not only be up for earning more than the Canadian Team gets in funding to have a house in all of his Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents and his parents countries.

internationally abound

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mockney...

Hargreaves is in the England side but shouldn't play, he looked out of his depth against Liverpool in Monaco last week and, if truth be told, he's only in the squad as a result of two very good performances in last year's Champion's League. As far as him choosing England over the United Nations list of countries with whom he was eligible, we've been over this ground before but who the hell would you have chosen to play for? His Dad is Bolton and his Mum is a taff so, like any son with such talent, the boy's done well and chosen to play for his Dad's native country which just happens to be one of the world's richest in terms of showering their stars with attention and, most of the time, questionably large pay packets in return for photo ops with his missus with her tits out. Bit of an easy one, that, and very little to do with grudges. It seems odd that he'd be cut from an under-16 Canadian side and then be whisked away to the Black Forest to sign schoolboy papers for perennial powerhouse Bayern Munich. Perhaps indicative of a near-sighted Canadian selection comittee? Why commit to a life of constant misery and third world football with the Canadian or Welsh sides?

Having seen him interviewed countless times on the box it must be said he's got the strangest accent sine Niall's last return from abroad. Does Niall speak with a Quebecois accent yet?

Speaking of Scottish envy at all things English; while watching the England/Holland game in a Glasgow front room full of jocks, Sweet Fanny Adams was heard to enquire, 'England's not wearing orange tonight are they?' as a result of the glee with which the haggis botherers were cheering on the Dutch side. Oh how we laughed.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
super

He may have a face like a recently unnaturally tampered with ostrich but he's the best in the business and really the only one I'd trust to keep a lid on a potentially explosive fixture. He seems to be universally liked by the players too. Which is nice.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Humperdinck

"Records, especially those in vinyl by Englebert
Humperdinck, are there to be broken and England should be stimulated rather than intimidated by Germany's awesome impregnability on their home soil."

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty's a wanker

The best in the business? What are you on about. If you look at his record in reffing both international club and country matches, the home team has won 90% of the team and usually with some controversy.

Keep your homosexual tendencies in check and try to be objective here. Thanks in advance.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I most certainly have to agree with Fasty. What is it that Canada saw wrong with Hargreaves that Bayern Munich missed? Furthermore, why on Earth would he choose to play for a poor national program when he could choose between England and Germany. Between class, funding, professionalism, and competitiveness, the European systems are far above those found in North America. It's the same reason I chose to play for Westside over Meralomas. ;)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you calling wor lass a poof?

Hed Kandi, I could really have thought up a better metaphor had I more time and resources but I was far too preoccupied with making an unholy mess of the English Premiership thread that Regs flatly refuses to sort out. After all the things I've done for him too. At least I know who my mates are. Shame they won't return my calls.

Buck, Who would you prefer to ref the only match that counts? Who would you prefer to ref the England/Hun match and all? My God you annoy me.

See you soon, Fastshow.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Uli Hoeness:
"We shouldn’t always let the English and especially the Americans dictate German culture. I am a very political person. I see how the English are taking the mickey out of the other EU countries with the Euro. They are just waiting until all the problems are sorted out before joining. Let the others do all the dirty work and only then join the Euro. Thats the English theory."

When asked if he dislike the English, Hoeness replied: "The press with their constant references to the war are slowly getting on my nerves. They even make reference to it in the football pages."

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..or could it be just because the vast majority of the British public don't want 'the Euro'. Nice one Uli. Ya dumb prick.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..or is it the fact that Geoff Hurst has said that it was not a goal in '66. Its been eating him for years!
Now all can read in his autobiography. (foreward by Jaap Staam!)

Frank 'N' Furter

hedKandi

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0