Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The World Scene

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...When did the English start dictating German culture anyway?
I've never seen a German eat a chip putty. Useless gobshite.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1

Aparently the Croat U-21's kicked the piss out of the Scots as far as possesion, skill and chances are concered. The Scots tied it up in the 5th(?) minute of injury time on a PK.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suspect it's because as far as football is concerned....he's been there and done it already. A World Youth champion, Champions league champion, World Cup bronze medelist(sp), once a world record signing for Real Madrid ($10 million, peanuts by todays standards)...I believe he's just playing for the love of the game now...and helping out the ownwer of the team who is a good friend of his.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final viewing announcement:

Alpen Club @ 33rd & Victoria. Heading there soon to meet Number 2 et al. -- there will be some England supporters there for any poofters who want to come out and not feel all alone.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well?

How many 'poofs' turned up at the sausage factory?

Did you pull at least?

England Under-21 2 (Francis Jeffers 2 goals) Goose steppers 1.

Milking it now, Fastshow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germans 1 English 5

Fcuk me!!!

Ended up seeing the game after all.

Unbelievable stuff. England were hardly in it until they equalized and then they just became possessed!

TSN Turning Point has to be Gerrard's goal though. What a corker!

And the missed sitter just before that at the other end.

I have never seen the Germans so embarrassed. It was surreal!

And then I went down to Shaw to get my Digital TV box in anticipation of being able to receive FoxSports World (and shiteloads of footy) in two weeks time. I wanted to get a Direct TV dish, but negotiations with the missus concluded yesterday morning in a compromise that we would try out the Digital Cable for a while. I don't care - as long as we get Fox Sports. That includes an hour of SkySports news every day.

Life is beautiful

Daz

:D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ex-Croatia captain Boban quits

VIGO, Spain, Oct 15 (Reuters) - Former Croatia international Zvonimir Boban has decided to retire from football following his failure to win a regular first-team place at new club Celta Vigo.
'I am hardly playing in the team, and after thinking it over I decided that this was the best option,' the former AC Milan player told a news conference on Monday.

'I came to Vigo with great hopes that I could be a part of the club's plans for this year, but I no longer feel that this is possible.

'I'm sad about it, but I think that this is the fairest thing to do because I can't bear it when I am not playing a leading role in a team.

'I came to Celta to play and try to achieve great things, but it wasn't to be. So it is best for us to leave on good terms as I do not want to cause the side any problems.

'The decision to come to the club has turned out to be an error in sporting terms, but I regret nothing because everyone has treated me very well and in the end I am sorry that I have had to take this decision.'

The 33-year-old, who joined the Galician club at the beginning of August in a loan deal from AC Milan, has faced competition for a berth in the Celta midfield from established players Alexander Mostovoi and Valery Karpin.

Victor Fernandez's team has begun the season in fine form and are undefeated in the league. After a 3-1 victory against former leaders Real Betis they now lie second in the Spanish first division, just a point behind neighbours Deportivo Coruna.

'I can't see much hope of playing regularly,' said Boban. 'I understand that it is difficult for the coach to choose me and it is clear that the tactical balance of the team is the main obstacle that is preventing me from playing.'

Boban made his name as a player after moving to Italy from Dinamo Zagreb in 1991. After a season on loan at Bari he returned to AC Milan, helping the side to four Italian titles and the European Cup in 1994.

A former captain of his national side with 51 caps to his name, he retired from international football at the end of 1999.

He has struggled with injuries in the past two seasons and his departure from the San Siro was widely expected after Milan signed Portuguese playmaker Rui Costa from Fiorentina in July.

He said on Monday that after 16 seasons as a professional he would be hanging up his boots for good, but believed he would retain his links with the sport.

'I think I have given a lot to this sport and I am now definitely retiring,' Boban said.

'After many years away I want to return to my country, study history, enjoy my family although I am sure I will keep in touch with football as it has been like a drug to me.'

He is also a Croatian hero for protecting fans against brutal attacks by Serbian Police officers in 1991...some say that incident was the begining to the war that came soon after...

Below is one of my favorite pictures of Boban. It was during the World Cup against Romania where he is smacking Hagi in the face to get his attention to how he is mimicking how he has the ball on a string.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WHAT NEXT FOR BECKHAM?

After The One-Man-Team Performance, How The Months Ahead Might Shape Up For The
Divine David

Yokohama, June 30 2002 (Reuters) - England overcame an uncharacteristically
disappointing performance from
captain David Beckham to lift the World Cup here today by beating Argentina
4-1.The Manchester United midfielder
could manage only a hat-trick, direct from free kicks of 25, 35 and 75 yards,
and blamed tiredness after late-night
sessions in his successful attempt to broker the so-called 'Becksaa Valley Peace
Agreement' between Israeli
premier Ariel Sharon and PLO leader Yasser Arafat.

But many pundits put the blame on England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson's
controversial decision to field an
experimental 3-3-1 formation which saw Beckham lining up at centre back, on the
left wing and up front as well as
in his normal right-sided role. "I got the idea from watching videos of our 2-2
draw against Greece in October
last year," explained the chastened Swede afterwards.

How ironic that Eriksson should have mentioned that unforgettable fixture, since
it proved a turning point in
his skipper's career. Just days after being hailed for his heroics at Old
Trafford which saw England through
to the finals in Japan and Korea, Beckham's United career appeared over when he
clashed for the second
time with Sir Alex Ferguson after failing to turn up for training.

However, Ferguson swiftly took the Leytonstone-born ace off the transfer list
after his absence was explained
by video footage of Beckham rotating the world backwards on its axis, thus
turning back the hands of time and
saving top US journalist Lois Lane from certain death in an earthquake.

One week later, the star was parachuted into Kabul and helped the allies'
missiles to better find their targets
when he lit up the night sky above the city by unknown means.

"It was as if a huge power source of solar proportions was emanating from out of
his arse," said stunned
White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

The hastily-knighted footballer had a relatively quiet winter, averaging just
two goals per game for United
as the strain of his new role as Railtrack chief executive began to show. Yet
fresh from clinical trials which
proved that his faecal matter didn't stink, Beckham bounced back this spring to
lead his side to an unprecedented
quadruple, stopping only to rout the relatively unpopular Rudy Giuliani and
become Mayor of New York.

Now, after becoming the first England captain to lift the World Cup since the
late Bobby Moore, there remains
only one disappointment for the shaven-haired hero of millions.

Despite her husband writing all the songs and playing all the instruments, wife
Victoria Beckham's new album
Not Such A Talented Girl only entered the UK charts at number 84 on Sunday.

"That fcuking woman's voice could ruin anything," said a tearful music business
insider last night.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'ard man

Today's Times has Vinnie 'Pulitzer Prize' Jones going to play for Carlisle United.

That will be nice.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"There be panic on the streets of Carlisle"

Fastshow,

Are you serious? What will a Londoner do up there in the border town, join the BCF! Or is he up there practising for a meathead footballer part he has just got from Bruckheimer's latest, Oh I forgot he is a meathead.:D

And what of his football talent? A free signing no doubt. Does Carlisle really want to be remembered for Vincent (I'll rip your balls off as long as you are not a fellow Taff) Jones.

It's been emotional

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

He's going to sign on a free (he can always do more Bacardi adverts, can't he?) as he's mates with the ex-boxer who has recently bought Peter Beardsley's old club. That's carlisle Utd. to you lot, not the Whitecaps. I can't remember the boxer's name (it's Sullivan or Collins or something similar) but I'm sure Jinky will know. Ask him. Maybe the fella's a posh fighter called Sullivan-Collins, Mr. Jones has been known to have become chummy with the public schoolboy types.

Exciting.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Ball Award

11/13/2001. Here is the full list of the 50 Golden Ball nominees published on France Football.

Henry, Pires, Vieira (Arsenal)

Elber, Lizarazu, Effenberg, Kahn, Kuffour (Bayern)

Rivaldo, Kluivert (Barcelona)

Pauleta (Bordeaux)

Roberto Baggio (Brescia)

Larsson (Celtic)

Desailly, Hasselbank (Chelsea)

Del Piero, Buffon, Trezeguet, Thuram, Nedved (Juventus)

Crespo, Nesta, Mendieta (Lazio)

Kewell, Ferdinand (Leeds)

Hyypia, Gerrard, Owen (Liverpool)

Veron, Barthez, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes (Manchester United)

Rui Costa, Shevchenko (Milan)

Andersson, Carriere (Ol. Lyon)

Olisadebe (Panathinaikos)

Nakata (Parma)

Helguera, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, Raul (Real Madrid)

Batistuta, Cafu, Tommasi, Totti, Candela (Roma)

Sand (Schalke 04)

I'd have to say the favorites are:

Elber (Because Bayern are current Champions of Europe)

Larsson (For his amazing goal scoring season)

Owen (Only because the English will demand he be chosen)

Beckham (Only because of his recent success with England)

Figo (He is truly deserving of this award for he is the best player in the World right now)

Totti (Only because the I-Ties will demand that an I-tie be chosen)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern beat Boca to win World Club Cup

Bayern Munich have beaten defending champions Boca Juniors of Argentina to win the Toyota Cup (formerly World Club Championship) for the second time. Bayern were unable to capitalise on the dismissal of Delgado just before half-time and the match stayed goalless for 90 minutes. A scrambled goal from Sammy Kuffour in the 19th minute of extra time was enough to win the match and secure Bayern's first trophy of the season.

'Now we're the best in the world,' proclaimed Bayern keeper Oliver Kahn after the win.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometime ago, I posted a bit about a new German Stadium built for Schalke 04 which allowed the field to be wheeled outside to recuperate.

Well, it seems that the Japanese have done it as well for the World Cup. Called the Sapporo Dome.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leave it to the Japanese

Looks like a huge CompactFlash card. The thing must hold about a terabyte of info.

That's a shitload of MP3s.

~TB.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0