Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is the bigotry?

The nation of the Huns . . . surpasses all other Barbarians in wildness of life . . . And though [the Huns] do just bear the likeness of men (of a very ugly pattern), they are so little advanced in civilization that they make no use of fire, nor any kind of relish, in the preparation of their food, but feed upon the roots which they find in the fields, and the half-raw flesh of any sort of animal

Is there anything bigoted here? I must be missing something completely, which I have been known to do in the past.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
clarity........

Fe·ni·an ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn-n)
n.
One of a legendary group of heroic Irish warriors of the second and third centuries A.D.

A member of a secret revolutionary organization in the United States and Ireland in the mid-19th century, dedicated to the overthrow of British rule in Ireland.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From alteration (influenced by féne, body of freemen under early Irish law), of Irish Gaelic fianna, bands of young warriors from Old Irish fíanna, pl. of fían.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feni·an adj.
Feni·an·ism n.

What you fcuking wazzocks don't seem to understand is that for everyone else in the world, with the possible exception of a couple of comedians living in the Black Forest, a hun is a German. Always has been and always will be.

So fcuking there.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'll both be shocked to know that Fastshow actually lives underneath the Royal Oak skytrain station and has been carrying on with this London thing for quite some time now

Christ, I knew there was something strange about that guy sparing for change while typing on a laptop. I should have known after he called me a poncey arsing troglodyte for only giving him thirty-five cents. Ya, you're posting from work all right, Fastshow.I want my money back!

Speaking of work, I will be at it all day. No Liverpool/Celtic watching, beer consuming or behaving obnoxiously for me. I think I may cry.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a hun is a German. Always has been and always will be

You're full of it, Mr. England. Quit making stories up on your lap-top. Rangers' fans are Huns and that is the bottom line. Did you miss the definition that was posted earlier? Obviously, you're not as smart as you thought, Mr. England. ;) BTW, go have a dart and reconsider your post.

Main Entry: Hun
Pronunciation: 'h&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English Hunas, plural, from Late Latin Hunni, plural
Date: before 12th century
1 : a member of a nomadic central Asian people gaining control of a large part of central and eastern Europe under Attila about A.D. 450
2 a often not capitalized : a person who is wantonly destructive : VANDAL b usually disparaging : GERMAN; especially : a German soldier

The first part of number two works for me........:)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Live audio feed

You might know this already, but I just came across it.

You can listen to the Liverpool vs Celtic game live on the BBC web site.

click here and click on the audio link.

half time right now 1-0 for Celtic

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon tae fcuk. I've been waiting nearly 4 hrs for a friggin' post from the "Victory Club".

Must be in fine form at the local.

Jealous Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark........

Thanks to everyone who supported us today.....:rolleyes: but Celtic were FULL value for the win. I was bitching about subbing Hartson out with 25 minutes to go but he came through with a cracker. I still hate him BTW. Liverpool did not look interested today and Celtic played very well for the full 90. Douglas made a couple of decent saves(not spectacular) when they needed it and that was the end of story. On to the final four, where anything can happen. Balde was magic again and Thompson played very well too. Actually, the whole team played well(except Hartson- I hate the cnut) and fully deserved to move into the semi-finals. Oh it's a grand ol' team to play for, it's a grand ol' team to see, and if you know the history, it's enough to make your heart go.....Nine in a row........

Hail Hail

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alas

Houllier had this to say,

"I am, like my players, very hurt by what has happened.

"The first half could have gone our way, we had a couple of decent chances but when their goal came it was at the best time for them and the worst time for us.

"It was the turning point, they were a functional, very clever, efficient side and all credit to them.

"I didn't think we deserved to be behind at the break, and their goalkeeper (Robert Douglas) saved them in the second period.

"He made fine saves, particularly one from Steven Gerrard, and we just couldn't get back at them.

"They played well, and reached a level of energy that we couldn't match.

"I hope they now go on and win the cup"

Merci Monsieur.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I didn't think we deserved to be behind at the break, and their goalkeeper (Robert Douglas) saved them in the second period.

"He made fine saves, particularly one from Steven Gerrard, and we just couldn't get back at them.

Il n'a pas un indice sanglant et est aveugle. M. Houllier est un putz.

The save that he made on Gerrard was nothing special. It was a fcuking save he should have made at the time. If he made these normal saves in the earlier Auld Firm games, we would be winning the fcuking league right now. Houllier is fcuking blind if he truly thought Liverpool were unlucky, especially in the second period. I wasn't aware we were playing cnuting hockey. On top of my wonderful bit of French I posted, he is a tit.

2 - 0

Il est un idiot de ****ing et cela est le résultat.

**** le Huns et en haut le Celts. :)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That win, combined with Lazio finishing off the last of the Turks, means Scotland is ranked 9th for next season at the very least. This means that no matter what, next season's champions go straight into the Champions League in 2004/05. This year's champions will still have to play a qualifier and our runners up will have to play two qualifiers, but that's great news for next season and all the more reason to go for four in a row.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi Finals!!!

The UEFA Cup Semi Final Draw has just been made.

Celtic v Boavista
Lazio v Porto

The Semi Finals will be played on 10 and 24 May 2003.
The Final will be played on 21 May 2003.

Celtic?????????

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tre-men-dous draw. Bring on the fcuking Portuguese. :)

Boavista is having an average year this year in league play. Celtic couldn't have asked for a better draw. Despite being underdogs again, I fancy their chances this time. It is shaping up to be a Celtic/Porto final. Anyone interested in travelling to Spain in May? :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0