Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,

I believe your wish will come true at the end of the year. The rumor mill has Amouroso on the move to Blackburn.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Souness is interested in the donkey. Mols visited his old club, Utrecht, last week, and might be interested in going back home. It is rumored that Canniggia will be going to work in the kitchen of Fogg and Sudds because he has the perfect hair net. Once again, these are only rumors.......

We shall not be moved.....

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the fcuk was I kidding.

C'mon Porto. Gub those dirty unwashed bastards.

Rangers FC - Scottish League Champions 2002/03

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't expect anything else Bucky.:eek: Somewhere down your family tree you must be part Portuguese. ;)

Parkhead

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although my skillz are somewhat Brazilian, Portuguese can not be found in Bucky's Heinz 57 family tree. Just love to hear your excuses when Shitic lose. Simple, really.

Buckfast

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UEFA to seed all Scots qualifiers

STEPHEN HALLIDAY

SCOTTISH football will reap a rich dividend from Celtic’s remarkable progress to this month’s UEFA Cup final with all four of our representatives in next season’s European club competitions being seeded in the opening rounds.

By winning nine and drawing two of their 14 European fixtures this season, Celtic have elevated Scotland to ninth place in UEFA’s provisional co-efficient ranking list to determine which clubs will be seeded in the opening rounds of the 2003-04 Champions League and UEFA Cup.

It means that not only will both Celtic and Rangers have seeded status in the qualifying stages of the Champions League next season, but both of Scotland’s UEFA Cup representatives will also be seeded.

Theoretically, it should allow our clubs a greater chance to enjoy extended campaigns in the tournaments which would solidify Scotland’s high co- efficient ranking for several seasons to come.

On the only previous occasion when Scotland had two representatives in the Champions League, season 2001-02, only one was seeded in the third qualifying round.

Next season offers a great opportunity for Scotland to have two clubs in the lucrative group phase of the Champions League

Ironically, Rangers failed to take advantage of that status, losing out to the unseeded Turkish side Fenerbahce, while the then unranked Celtic defeated seeds Ajax to reach the group stages of the premier tournament for the first time in their history.

Next season, however, will offer an outstanding chance for Scotland to have two clubs in the lucrative group phase of the Champions League for the first time.

Irrespective of whether Rangers or Celtic win the Premierleague title this month, the champions will be seeded in the third qualifying round and the runners-up will be seeded for both the second and third qualifying rounds.

It means the Old Firm will avoid clubs from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Portugal en route to the group stages.

In the UEFA Cup, the winner of the race for third place in the Premierleague between Hearts and Kilmarnock will be seeded in the qualifying round of the tournament and, crucially, also in the more difficult first round if they progress. Dundee, who go straight into the first round as either Scottish Cup winners or runners-up, will also be seeded.

Up until now, Scottish clubs have been unseeded in the first round of the UEFA Cup, resulting in the kind of difficult draws which saw Aberdeen and Livingston fall to Hertha Berlin and Sturm Graz respectively in this season’s tournament.

With the UEFA Cup poised for a change to a Champions League style group format in 2004-05, the long-term benefits to Scottish clubs should include a less formidable path to the business end of a more financially rewarding competition.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again: Thanks.

Hmmm, maybe the Old Firm won't go south now?
Let's hope we do Celtic's work justice next year.

Good work Jinky.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough break for the tubogoo

Celtic striker John Hartson is "devastated" after being ruled out of the UEFA Cup final against FC Porto on Wednesday with a back injury.

The Welsh international has been struggling to overcome the injury, which he first felt after scoring in the 2-1 win at Rangers in the Bank of Scotland Premier League clash on April 27.

But the problem has been diagnosed as a slipped disc sidelining Hartson for the Hoops' first European final since 1970.

Hartson's agent, Jonathan Barnett, revealed the former Arsenal and West Ham forward has been left distraught by the news.

He revealed: "John is absolutely devastated after the news and he just hopes the boys can go on and win the UEFA Cup now.

"The most important thing John wants is for Celtic to win on Wednesday and he hopes to get there next year.

"But I don't know if John will be travelling with the team this week."

The news also comes as a bitter blow to Celtic manager Martin O'Neill.

He told www.celticfc.net: "This is an absolutely massive blow, both for John and for the football club.

"He's been absolutely immense for us this season, and has played a crucial role in helping the team to reach the UEFA Cup final.

"It's terrible news, and I'm just so disappointed for him."

Hartson was booked in for a May 26 operation after complaining of pain in his back following the Ibrox victory which revived the Hoops' SPL title hopes.

The problem was originally diagnosed as sciatica but it was later established that Hartson was suffering from a slipped disc.

The forward has been undergoing chiropractic sessions with the Parkhead medical team in the hope of recovering in time for the trip to Seville.

But he has now had to bow out of the finale of the competition in which he has scored three times this season.

His tally includes crucial strikes at Celta Vigo and Liverpool.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In other news

Sky sports reports that Douglas will be fit for the final. That is a relief as Broto is ineligible for final.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sky sports reports that Douglas will be fit for the final. That is a relief as Broto is ineligible for final.

Relief! Whenever Douglas is in the net I need my Rolaids. Atleast he will be healthy I guess.

Come On Celtic

Parkhead

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The backup Hedman is reported to be injured.

That goes without saying. Hopefully one of the two (looks like Douglas) will make us forget about the past and bring another European trophy back to Paradise.:D

Parkhead who
Already has taken the day off work and will be at the club with his hoops on celebrating.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On 21st May 2003 at 7:45 PM Rangers fans will be watching:

The Bill while we're in Seville?
The High Road while we're on our Lilo's?
Rangers share price tumble further?
Celtic attempt to win the UEFA cup?

E-TIMS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could someone PLEASE confirm what channel the game is on? When I checked the soccertv.com, it originally said Fox Sports Canada was carrying it and then it was going to be replayed at 5:00. However, I just checked the same site and it says SPORTSNET. Does anyone know? Please let me know because I am going to be taping the game and watching it 'live'. I would hate to tape the wrong channel......:mad:

Cheers....

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As of right now Sportsnet will be showing but pay attention because they are all fighting over who has the rights. Fox sports has the rights in Europe but apparently unknowingly sold the N. American rights to Sportsnet. Which of course Foxsports over here is aying didn't happen. Stay tuned!!

Personally I do not care as I will be at the club watching it with all the BHOYS!!

I hope you have your tape recorder all figured out there Captain? BTW how can you miss this live?

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope you have your tape recorder all figured out there Captain? BTW how can you miss this live?

Thanks to the scheduling of the Fraser Valley playoffs, I have successfully missed THREE classes in a row in my day one schedule. I have asked people to cover too much already and my socials class falls during this time too. We have a unit exam and projects that have to be presented in the next week. So, I will tape the game and watch it "LIVE" when I get home. I will avoid all contact with humans until I watch the game.....

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seedy-Kay:
I would think you'd be watching at the CCC no?

If it's during business hours, absolutely.
We have Fox Sports World so I assume yes.

I see the Captain is saying 7:45 PM kick-off.
What time is the kick-off here bhoys?

Not that I personally give a fcuk. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0