Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about time ONE of the teams has performed in Europe. We would be waiting forever if we relied(? looks strange) on the other Glasgow teams, Partick and Queens Park. Well done, Celtic........

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For my Scottish buddys

Celtic 1
Boavista 1

The other was 1-1 after 20 min.

Apparently Larson missed a penelty???

Where was the game Scotland or Pork and Cheese land.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky's buried in a pint of Guinness ....

No trip to heaven today my friend ........ :D .

Heard the Joos Valgaeren oggie was well taken :D .

At least you've still got a chance of getting to the final though, just have to let someone else take the PK's from now on :rolleyes: . Unlucky .........

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wally:
The game was at Parkhead.

Missed PK and away goal for Boavista could come back to haunt the Tic.

I still fancy them on the away leg.

Go Sellick

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast Tonic Whine. ;)

Have you not seen my avatar?
Can you not feel the love?

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky.
The better Celtic does, the better for 'Gers next year.

C'mon tae fcuk?
Get tae fcuk. :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They've done enough, mission complete.

Out in the semis and no domestic trophies. Perfect. There is order amongst all the chaos.

I'll see you on Saturday to sort this out.

Off to the Serb Rangers Loyal Club:rolleyes:

Buckfast Fine Whines

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's game was shite!! Both teams were terrible. I have seen better games between Aberdeen and Dundee.:eek: Hard to believe this was a semi final of a European cup. Neither team created much at all. Ghod's miss sumed up the whole game. BTW before he even took the kick everyone watching the game all said he is going to miss. It was obvious that he was going to shoot to his left before he even struck the ball. Even Hos could have saved that one.;) I can't even pick out a player who has a good game for either side. The only good thing is Celtic is by no means out of this leg yet. Boavista are nothing to be feared at all.

Celtic will advance with a 2-1 win away!!

Parkheadwhowasted2hourstowatchthissocalledfootballmatch

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Into the Final

From all accounts the game was crap but Larsson in the 80th minute to put the other team from Glasgow into the UEFA final!

Congrats to the parallel stripes!!

Leanhastocheerforthescotsoverthechopseveniftheyarewearinggreenandwhite:rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson fires Celtic into UEFA Cup final

PORTO, Portugal, April 24 (AFP) - Henrik Larsson scored his 40th goal of the season to fire Celtic into the final of the UEFA Cup here on Thursday with a 1-0 win over Boavista in a wretchedly poor semi-final.

The Swede, who scored once and then missed a penalty in the 1-1 first leg draw in Glasgow two weeks ago, created and converted the goal to brighten up a dismal match which brought European football crashing down to earth after the highs of Wednesday´s Champions League classic in Manchester.

After struggling to find a way through the Boavista defence all evening, Larsson made the telling difference in the 79th minute when he tried to play a one-two on the edge of the box with John Hartson.

The ball came off the foot of Pedrosa as the defender tackled the big Welsh striker and dropped fortunately into the path of the Swede who tucked the ball into the corner past Ricardo in the Boavista goal.

The win gave Martin O´Neill´s side a place in the final in Seville on May 21 against another Portuguese side Porto who drew 0-0 with Lazio in Rome for a 4-1 aggregate win.

"It´s just fantastic. I am thrilled for everyone at the club," said O´Neill as Celtic looked ahead to their first European final in 33 years.

"I think that over the two games we deserved it. They were very negative when they came to our place and wasted a lot of time.

"The one chance was enough and we are in the final," added the manager who was also scathing of the Portuguese side´s gamesmanship as they tried to protect what could have been a crucial away goal from the first leg.

"We saw the fourth officials because all the spare balls disappeared - but after we scored there were plenty of them around," said O´Neill.

"I´m delighted with the win for everyone at the club, the players and the supporters - to be perfectly honest the only people we could hear were our supporters."

The win also rescued Celtic´s season with the team´s Scottish title challenge almost extinguished as they sit eight points behind rivals Rangers.

But it was a dire first half with the only real chance falling to the Portuguese side two minutes before the interval.

Celtic defender Joos Valgaeren slipped to allow Martelinho to get in a right wing cross which was met by Silva´s header.

However, goalkeeper Rob Douglas, celebrating his 31st birthday, was equal to the task and managed to parry the ball away.

Celtic never managed to settle into a rhythm in a first half punctuated by constant stoppages and countless stray passes in a game watched by just 12,000 people.

One of the few things to cheer for the travelling Scottish supporters was the appearance of striker Chris Sutton. He replaced injured skipper Paul Lambert who had picked up a knock in the 34th minute.

Sutton had been out of action with a wrist injury since the Scottish League Cup final in March.

The second half was as disjointed as the first with Silva again having the best early chance but he only managed to misdirect a far-post header wide of the mark.

Luiz Claudio´s overhead kick in the fourth minute of injury time flew over Douglas´s crossbar and with it went Boavista´s hopes.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Cheatin' Chops 0

The game was horrible to watch for the most part.

While I will admit that Celtic relied far too much on the long ball and ran out of ideas early, they must be credited with keeping their cool when confronted with the diabolical gamesmanship of Boavista. I thought Celta Vigo were bad but these guys were fcuking criminal.

When Larsson's winner finally came, the cheating chops' time wasting tactics served to backfire on them. Suits you senor.

Now on to the UEFA CUP FINAL!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking well done Celtic.

Any side that sits back deserves to lose.
And, 12,000 people to watch a match like that is an embarrasment to UEFA.
What, were 11,000 Hoop supporters?
Joke.

The real ambition of the Old Firm is to win a European championship.
I know if they do, we'll never hear the end of it, but Go Celtic.

RFwhowouldtakeaEuropeanCupovertheleagueanyday

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky you are right on the game was crap!! However I will add this....

You are my Larsson
My Henrik Larsson
You make me happy when skies are grey
Oh please
Don't take my Larsson away........

Parkhead

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boavista's stadium is currently being renovated to accomodate Portugal's Euro 2004 obligations. Both goal ends were walled up.

It looked like the game was being played in a giant J'ai Alai court....probably.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
brutal.........

After the Man Yoo/Real match this was always going to be anticlimactic to the casual observer (ie: me) but no one could have prepared me for that dangling arse-clag of a match. Peg/Olys could have beaten Boavista last night. Even with me playing. They were that bad. Celtic deserved the win simply because they weren't as rubbish as Boavista. They were rubbish but just not as bad as the cheating, diving, cnuts from the poor man's Spain. The Celtic backline kept giving it up faster than KNVB at a hermaphrodite's convention and I've never seen Bobo play so Boldely. Rab Douglas makes Bruce Grobelaar and David James look like leaders in their field at handling crosses.

Celtic will really have to play to beat Porto and I, for one, despite my Rangers partiality, want them to win the Uefa Cup. For Britain.

Because my Britain includes Celtic.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it ever Celtic's fault. Me thinks not.:rolleyes:

parkheadwouldhavehadmorefunwatchingpaintdryuntilGHODscoredofcourse

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late response, put a response nonetheless

Didn't see the match but have read that it won't go down as a classic. But who cares when you're off to the Final!

Obviously a great accomplishment, but particularly for Scottish football. Hopefully this gives other Scottish sides confidence when in Europe.

For example, I hope it motivates the Teddy Bears to get their fcuking finger out. Step #1: dump that fcuking donkey Amorouso. For the love of the wee man, enough is enough

Congratulations to the Tims! Should be a great day, particularly for those who travel to Seville.

Buckfast

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0