Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Results & Banter - September

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well another year and already there are defaulted games in the CAT division :confused: How pissed would you be if on the first weekend of games you get cancelled as a result of someone defaulting..................brutal. Though I am not totally against the CAT system this is a clear example of what is wrong with it and why it needs some serious work to it.

Good luck to everyone,

John

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
john said:
Well another year and already there are defaulted games in the CAT division :confused: How pissed would you be if on the first weekend of games you get cancelled as a result of someone defaulting..................brutal. Though I am not totally against the CAT system this is a clear example of what is wrong with it and why it needs some serious work to it.

Good luck to everyone,

John

Yah, I know what you're saying, John. It's almost as bad as a league not having a field for you to play on. :mad:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what the Cliff Avenue website is? I know it's different from the Youth site (www.cliffavenuesoccer.com) but I just can't remember what it is.

Jimmy Holiday -- you still lurking around?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

It's south of Blundell off either St Albans of Garden City, both streets will lead you to the park. If you've reached Francis you've gone too far.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2 - 1 Lobbans

Not a particularly interesting match to watch (I can say that because I did in fact watch) but I'd suggest a fair result. RUFC went up 1 - nil early in the first and looked deserved in the scoreline. They (we) then went up 2- nil in the final minutes of the first and seemed to be in control. However, the second half was a different match with RUFC looking to be on their heels most of the half and Lobbans pushing forward. Though Lobbans had much possession I don't think they had many dangerous scoring changes. They did make it 2 -1 mid way through the second and from their it was anyone's match. RUFC eventually got sorted in the final 10 minutes and maintained some possession (even hitting the bar on a break away, Late on) and held on for the win.

Lobbans don't look as strong as they did last year, but some key people were not on the field ie - Blake, or are you a coach now? ;)

Nice to get a win in the first week for a change. Looking forward to continuing on.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 - 2 Binger's

Not a bad start to the season. We (Lomas) never trailed in the game. We had a 1-0 & 2-1 lead but couldn't seem to protect it. Bingers got lucky with a minute left when the ref awarded them a questionable FK on the edge of our 18, and their player did well to slot in the far corner. We definitely should've had 3 points today, but with a bunch of new players and some regulars missing we'll take it.

NO2

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I beat City FC Rangers 2-0 yesterday. Club I should have had more than one at the half and then withstood some pressure in the second and CIC scored a late one. City FC was apparently missing some guys but their backup keeper took a red for yapping and the rest of their subs had their shirts of the whole game. Read what you will into that. Oh yeah, Blazearmy got his 2 year old nephew hammered by telling him that he was drinking pop. Nice.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I'm sure everyone is waiting for me to post and here it is......

Fiji was missing a few key guys and so was Temple but like Socca said both teams had some good chances. Temple could have gone up 1-0 but Hard ballz :D cleared one of the line which may have changed the outcome in the whole game. Fiji went up 1-0 after a lucky goal which I believe Yowen kicked and hit his goalie and went in but we'll take it midway or so into the second half. Temple had chances but couldn't finish and the same with Fiji when Tofiq had a breakaway but was stopped by the keeper which would have made it 2-0. Fitness was obiviously a factor for us ( Fiji ) but we managed to do the job. Zico and our keeper Jason with a strong preformance for Fiji who played well all game and for Temple Yowen did pretty well in the back. It was the first game of the season and nice to start it off with a bang but lot's of soccer to be played.

p.s....M.V.P......Carlos down on all fours in the corner after Zico skinned him......what were you after???? The ball or something else?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
rest of their subs had their shirts of the whole game. Read what you will into that. .

The ref said to cover the shirts up or take them off. Bit warm to be throwing a jacket on so off they came.

Oh yeah, Blazearmy got his 2 year old nephew hammered by telling him that he was drinking pop. Nice

It was my cousin actually. And he had 3 sips. The 17 chocolate Timbits he stole off one of the girlfriends/ wives were more of a problem when he crapped himself quite badly after having the beer. Lesson learned. :rolleyes:

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the Temple and Fiji game on the weekend. Both teams looked like they still have improvements that could be made. Temple should have buried the game within the first 20-30 minutes missing a few quality chances. Fiji battled through their fitness woes and were able to notch a goal. Temple pressed the rest of the game, but were unable to put anything away.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
The 17 chocolate Timbits he stole off one of the girlfriends/ wives were more of a problem when he crapped himself quite badly after having the beer. Lesson learned. :rolleyes:
Sh!ty. :rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Army, I'm sure you appreciated Day telling him that when he has an itchy ass to rub it on the ground. Priceless stuff. Next time you won't be so foolish as to try to trick him with the "pop". He did like the Budweiser though didn't he.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Filini,

I'm not sure what pitch it was but I heard that game was cancelled due to the grass being too long. Our game was at Kensington North and the grass was pretty long there also but the game went on.

Hard Ballz

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Well done Army, I'm sure you appreciated Day telling him that when he has an itchy ass to rub it on the ground. Priceless stuff. Next time you won't be so foolish as to try to trick him with the "pop". He did like the Budweiser though didn't he.

TO be honest OD, i believe that is the precise moment the crapping of diapers happened. You should recall he squatted down and would not sit and then we all were overcame by i terrible smell.

I got in shite from his parents ( his mother actualy , my uncle loved it) yesterday as he told them he didn't like his juice box and could he have a beer like I gave him.

My babysitting days are numbered apparently, but if their not yours and you have them basically have them on a short time basis, spoil them, give em chocolate whatever you need to do to keep him happy. He's seeing his parents later and they can deal with it. :D

THere is a great picture of him jumping on top of that little Oriental girl he was playing with. Takes right after his cousin.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0