Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1B 2007] Results, Banter & Predictions September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A solid result for the HOOPS as Burnro stated above. The referee did quite well IMO. Kept the cards in his pocket and tried to let the game flow, wouldn't you agree Capt? :) Hillcrest is one hell of a narrow field, and it's a shame the City of Vancouver had to get rid of the change rooms.

Burno - I'd be more concerned about what "youth" players Punjab decide to "loan" to Fiji in your final game.

Last year our final game was against Fiji and "mysteriously" 3 or 4 of their BEST young players who were all on "youth" permits happened to show up and play for Fiji. We (Delta Blaze) managed a 2-0 win but both goals came late. We had to win our game to gain promotion - and that we did!!!

Some words of advice.

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

4ST OUT,

Cheers for the tip. Those kind of actions do not surprise me at all, after all desperate times call for desperate measures right?

I heard a rumor that Punjab have offered Fiji a cash incentive to win the game, could this be true..? Regardless of it all, we still have to go out against any 11+ Fiji bring and get the result.

CIClookingforwardtoSaturdayalready

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have a word with the ICST lads........I'm sure they have contacts with the Hurricanes.........they won't let anything fishy go on............;) :D

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
has anyone heard any rumours of the where abouts of the promotion game ???

team with more points get home feild or neutral venue somewhere

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumor that Punjab have offered Fiji a cash incentive to win the game, could this be true..? Regardless of it all, we still have to go out against any 11+ Fiji bring and get the result.

CIClookingforwardtoSaturdayalready

I don't think there is anything wrong with a little bit of Cash incentive, Fiji will need something to motivate themselves....... plus CS knows all about cash incentives having been paid to coach ICST :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there is anything wrong with a little bit of Cash incentive, Fiji will need something to motivate themselves....... plus CS knows all about cash incentives having been paid to coach ICST :D

FFS, reportz...........show me the money then.........that's news to me....

Cliff Rumbler

Jan 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burno - I'd be more concerned about what "youth" players Punjab decide to "loan" to Fiji in your final game.

Last year our final game was against Fiji and "mysteriously" 3 or 4 of their BEST young players who were all on "youth" permits happened to show up and play for Fiji. We (Delta Blaze) managed a 2-0 win but both goals came late. We had to win our game to gain promotion - and that we did!!!

A motivated Fiji team especially with some Punjab "help" will be difficult - I'd do some background work if I were you........

Some words of advice.

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Cash yes... Players no... Punjab does not have anymore players that are playing youth. All their players have graduated to the mens league. Darn good players too like Amar, Jag and Joyti. But there is no one left to "loan" to Fiji, but they do have money in which they can offer Fiji to pull off an upset and keep their promotion dreams alive, but they will also be in tough against Bingers with both Joyti and CJ suspended. whos going to score all their goals?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched div 1 cup Fiji v westside fc B 4 players on Fiji over 40 years old skilled but can not run only one sub on bench fast forwards slow mids and back line that tries to play the trap .CI by 5 no problem

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...CI by 5 no problem

Thanks for the confidence vote SC...thankfully no one in our camp is taking this game for granted...all my bhoys have been very humble and determined in their approach to each of our league games this season and I'm glad it has been the same in each of our recent league games and the upcoming match against Fiji...should be a good match on Saturday, regardless of who Fiji put on the field, as we only snuck past them earlier this season.

Cheers!

Burnro

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Club I vs Fiji match, the better team definitely won today. Club I maintained the majority of the possession and looked to be the more dangerous team even with a man down for about 60 mins.

On that note a very very stupid red card by Justin Reddich (Sp?). Made an attempt about 5 mins earlier to wack the small left back that had chucked the ball away and chirped a bit. Now because of his lack of control on his aggression he now has to miss the playoff with Serbia. I am sure he will be drinking the night away and thinking about this for a while. The coach or a veteran player should have realized his intent in the earlier tackle and should have had a word.

Good luck to the hoops, even though you are too close in color to the team I DON"T support.

Cheers
JB

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 1 B

When you make 20 predictions a year you're bound to get one right ;)
I'm suprised it's this one though...

Yes, kinda like blanketing the roulette wheel and then jumping for joy when you hit (and still lose money). I remember Captain stating emphatically that Pegasus would be promoted this year...didn't happen.

For what it's worth, I am predicting Serbia (sorry Ferris et al) to get promoted in the playoff, although I will be wagering $50 on each team to win a la the Captain.

Good luck in Premier next year to the Serbs!

Cheers

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!!! 6-4 Bingers Army over Punjab??? What a shootout!!! Nobby, any match report on this one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0