Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rino's Hat

Nov 22, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea it doesn't make sense to have a rule for premier but not for any of the other divisions? Technically you could manufacture results, if that is a possibility that rino could have 3 teams in division 1 well they "could" get favourable results in 4 matches against the other teams which is 12 points which can be the difference between promotion or relegation. Things would get a bit shady and I'm not saying Rino would do that but the fact it could happen isn't a scenario anyone wants to see and compete against.

Although technically possible, I can't imagine how that pre-match team talk would go down. For all intents and purposes the 3 teams are run separately with plenty of rivalry brewed during 'inter-club' games. I think most would rather beat another Rino's team than a group of guys we have no history with, and will never get to laud it over.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday night football norvan vs inter will be a massive match for relegation. I am sure both clubs owners are sweating with the potential loss of revenue with demotion.

thunderbur

Sep 9, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the burnaby vs langley game tonight...got there just after half were it was 1-0 for BBY side.....they were all over the team from langley but were not able to score on there chances.....there had 2-3 go cm's from the posts and one sky over the top from close range.......langley tied it up on a nice set piece with a driven ball in and attacking player got a head to it. Shortly after the game tied up 1-1 BBY started pressing for the go ahead goal but got caught with too many man up and langley countered with breakaway and scored. Up 2-1. BBY pushed again and scored only few minutes later to tie it back up at 2-2. Nice play from the back with direct play up front....ball over top the back line forward picks it up and chips the keeper. Again....BBY pushs for the go ahead goal and gets caught with too many men forward...langley gets another breakaway and scores...3-2.......last 5 minutes of the game while BBY...you guessed it...is pushing men forward get caught out again and another breakaway happens...this time the dude doesnt shoot and fumbles the ball..BBY picks up the ball punts it down field and the forward gets fouled about 20 feet out. Short little dude steps up and fires it in to tie it up 3 all. really entertaining game....when i first got there BBY appeared to deserve all three points but langley took their chances well. great game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other scores from last night:

Peg 3-0 Croatia
West Van 2-1 Pacific United
Surrey United 3-1 Richmond

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So coming down the home stretch predictions at the top and bottom?

Rinos should be mathematically relegated this weekend. Though we've known it for awhile, there's still technically a way then could stay up if they won all their remaining games, Pacific and Norvan draw each other and then both lose all their remaining games. Rinos would then need to beat Pacific in a playoff to stay up.

Not sure what the odds makers have that at, but if you like long odds I would suggest you could make a good sum on that bet. The real question is who will be joining them in Div 1 (FVSL??) next season? Have Richmond and EDC already done enough to be considered safe? Will Pacific be able to take advantage of their games in hand to get clear of danger? Some big fixtures in the relegation battle upcoming including the aformentioned Pacific/Norvan plus Pacific/EDC to be made up from earlier in the year. Richmond still to play Norvan and EDC as well.

At the top its Coquitlam's to lose, although a show down with WV is looming as the Amblesider's chances of a three-peat could still be in the cards if they can run the table with their games in hand.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other results:

WV 4-2 Langley
Peg 4-0 Pacific
Croats 5-1 Norvan

Norvan is in a spot of trouble now I think.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's good to see as the same is happening at our club. The dividends and hard work is paying off.

Saw SU play last week and thought they were excellent!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed RF.

Both the top clubs of the province. Both u21 teams are strong as well. Both Clubs set up right and doing it right.
Wish I could just copy and paste their model in ND!
But it ain't that simple!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other results:
Croats 5-1 Norvan

Norvan is in a spot of trouble now I think.

Home to Pacific this weekend. A loss and perhaps it is time to reach for the Panic button.

At the other end of the table SU will take their winning streak to Ambleside and look to make it 10 straight whilst dealing a massive blow to WV's three-peat ambitions.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rmd 6 Chile 2. Chile scored early, looked the bigger threat. Rmd tied at 30 min then a minute later, PK. Chile tied prior to HT. Both back lines looked shaky at times. Second half, Lucas Barrett header off corner that had passed over everyone. 10 minutes later thru ball to LB to finish his hat trick. Red card to Chile late in the game but by then they were down 2 more goals. 3 precious points for Rmd

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Massive away result for us.

My question for TTP land is, who was the joker for the first 60 odd minutes yelling "We all hate Richmond!"?? The guy needed a hug I reckon instead of another pint, jesus...

What were the other results tonight?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A result, that for all intents and purposes, sees Richmond safe. No idea who the mystery "colour commentator" was. Even more emphasis on tomorrow's (today's) 6 pointer between NorVan and Pacific.

In other results the winning streak is over for Surrey and the title challange very much alive in West Van. Any chance of a match report from Ambleside after what's appears, at least on paper, as a thorough 3-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0