Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter – February 05’

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 2 - Clan 1

Really disappointed, actually, we were promised a Keg dinner if we won by 2 or more. I'll let Chunger fill you Clan boys in. ;)

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone recall a team called the WISE (WelshIrishScottishEnglish)Club, just wondering
what ever became of them. I believe they were to the Vancouver Police Dept what the Firefighters are to the VFD.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Anyone recall a team called the WISE (WelshIrishScottishEnglish)Club, just wondering
what ever became of them. I believe they were to the Vancouver Police Dept what the Firefighters are to the VFD.

I don't know what ever happened to that team, but I remember playing for them in the 80s right out of playing for UBC as a rookie cop, we played against VFD@ that time ie if I remember Gary Ayre?, Bob Bolitho I think, Reg Newmark :wa: ...? but, although we were OK, the firemen more often than not got the better of us and were the better side in my view...we had a clubhouse at around Georgia and Victoria, and we had some smokin' dances at that time, lots of East End birds, plenty of Italian Gals who smelled really nice, wore stiletto heels, and had just a hint of a moustache, :knvb: we were like most fireman/cop teams...big, strong, physical, and a bit lacking in talent...but always very tough to beat...and if you were a cop, even if you had a club side, it was no option...you played for the team...a couple of (then North Shore Pegasus) guys who joined the cops had to switch over to WISE...I still remember playing the Dutch National Police side I think it was 88 or 89 as North American Police Champs... in front of like 1500 people at Burnaby Lake...they beat us, with the then 43 year old former Charlton Atlhetic/Millwall/Pegasus (yes the proud N. Shore side went that far back) and former British Columbia Rep side Captain Alan Cattley in center midfield, and went on to shut out Vanc. Fire, and North Shore Fire (all the Peg/NorVan guys) to win the World Police Fire Games...and if memory serves lost to the then dynasty BC Hall of Fame 86ers maybe 3-2 to round things out...

Sorry for reminiscing... :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - Buzz Surrey 'CAT' over BBY. Who says Cat teams are of no use?

Three words to describe todays game... Long - High and Hard and that was just Nottys hair. Gritty effort for the reds. There is no other way to describe it really... well, other than long high and hard. saint jr with the clean sheet and I'm sure his first in quite some time I bet. Well done sunbeam.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton Rovers 0 - Vanc. Firefighters 1
Trollers FC 2 - Metro-Ford Wolves 0
Surrey United 1 - Burnaby Canadians 0
AFC Leopards 2 - ICSF Inter 2
Westside Rino 1 - Pegasus 0
Croatia SC 1 - Columbus-Clan 0
Sporting Club 3 - Khalsa SC 0

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting vs. Khalsa - 1-0 at the half was how the game was going, then Khalsa takes a Red 10 minutes into the second, I think it was a yellow (the linesman called the foul), and we were fukced from that point on. Oh well, we are still back 2 points of both Trollers and Weakside, it sould be interesting in March, because even though we have 10 loses, Khalsa is a team that can get a win, with all thier starters, and with 3 games left, I have no problem with saying, we can run the table (9 points).

Well, on to Cup next week, lets see how many we have to start that one.

PS. # 10 was man of the match for Sporting, he is a good young player, what is that kids name?

hos

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#10 would be Steve Frazao, great player with loads of skill and tons of speed.

Just on a sidenote, Kevin was suppose to be the man in the middle for the game today, but had a badly sprained ankle. He ended up running one of the lines and one of the linesman ran the middle. I can't remember his name, but he runs the line for quite a few premier games and has run the middle in some div. 1 games i believe. I thought he did a really good job stepping in for Kevin. Showed a lot of composure and kept the game under control without making any rash decisions. On the red card, he did the proper thing by consulting with his linesman, who saw the infraction, before showing the red. When someone steps on a players back right infront of the linesman, how can he expect anything other than a red. Just my opinion.

Cheers, jr.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gomesy_jr said:
Kevin was suppose to be the man in the middle for the game today, but had a badly sprained ankle. He ended up running one of the lines and one of the linesman ran the middle. I can't remember his name, but he runs the line for quite a few premier games and has run the middle in some div. 1 games i believe.

Jr., nothing against the man in the middle, but I think he was a little over his head, and tried to make up for it, by making the "Big Call". Kevin is a very good ref, I thought he was in the middle, and think he would have called the PK right before the end of the first half.

I think the "Red Card" in the second was a bit harsh, did it look that bad, that the Khalsa player was stepping on gomesy, and why does he have to run on the pitch and take off his shirt to show everyone the marks on his back, we don't need to see what his BoyFriend did to him the night before ;) . Well it was a bad game for us, we were terrible on the day, couldn't get anything going, and deserved the result. On to Cup next week, vs. Div. 1. I feel like I have the Curse of Tommy on me Now. :(

hos

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol, true enough, I agree with your comments. Sorry about the shirt lifting incident, got a little excited when i saw you between the pipes ;) . No, seriously though, a few guys on your team were giving the ref crap for the red, saying i didn't even get touched, so i was just trying to get them to see that it was the right call. It won't happen again! Geez, finally get all that hair shaved off my back and can't even show it off! :D

Cheers, jr.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy just wanted to show you his creation he made for you for Valentine Day, it was the only chance he could do it without having to announce his love to the world verbally. :D

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 - Fire 1

Full credit to Firemen, they came out smoking and blazed one past Breure from 12 yards out 15 min. in. In the 2nd half, we tried everything to douse their enthusiasm, but not even an axe could break down their defensive door.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should make your attachments smaller next time.

Anyways, Firemen got docked three points for playing an illegal Jarvie against Metro Ford.

I don't know why they didn't indicate as much on the standings page. I suppose that would make too much sense or something.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should try clicking on the thumbnail next time. I guess that would make too much sense or something.

Thanks for the insider info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0