Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - Norvan 1

I wouldn't necessarily say that this told the story of the match today. Norvan came out strong for the first 15, keeping possession and unlucky not to get anything off their Sporting opponents. First goal, however, came off a poor Norvan turnover in their own third, which eventually led to a cross to Dormer who did well to convert it nicely into the far corner. Norvan persevered and continued their game, attacking the Sporting defense. Goal came through Burgon, which resulted from Norvan pressure on an odd cross that Brum pushed wide, which landed right to Burgon who placed it into the open goal on a tight angle.

From that point forward it was fairly evenly matched with Sporting gaining some of the play, starting to hold Norvan and attack the flanks. Second goal came off a corner kick with Gomes getting a free header to #11 (what's his name? - good player up front) who headed it into an open goal.

Second half saw Sporting fall back and defend, focussing on the counter attack, which I thought they did quite well. Norvan still had several chances at goal with Wilton heading it off the crossbar, Burgon missing a breakaway attempt, and Burgon again placing a close attempt well wide of the near post. Sporting put on the pressure at times through the half, and in turn were award several corner kicks for the squad. Not too many good Sporting chances on goal - closest attempt came at long range from Kashvia from ~25 yards from the right. Third goal came off a free kick which went straight to the Norvan keeper who somehow directed into his own goal -definitely a gift for the Sporting visitors.

All in all a good match, but I do feel that Norvan was unlucky not to convert on their chances; however, Sporting did well to capitalize on Norvan's defensive blunders. I think that the Gomes brothers performed well on the day, and probably made the difference in the match, winning many balls to break down the Norvan attack.

I think it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if that third goal never happened - I'm sure that some onlookers must have felt it was the nail in the coffin for us. I felt we still held on to the ball and tried to play rather than resort to a desperate kick-and-run style game. Not a bad performance for the North Van side, but definitely much to improve on at this early stage of the season.

Seds

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 4 AFC 0

Sapperton came out of the gates quickly with several early chances, including a goalpost at the 10 minute mark. AFC weathered the early storm well and had a free header from the 12-yard line off an excellent cross that almost gave them the lead, but went wide. At about the 25-minute mark, AFC's keeper, who played very well on the day, lost control of the ball while dribbling in his own 18 and gifted Ted Ullrich with a freebie from 15-yards out. 1-0 Sapperton.

From that point on, Sapp took over the game and made it 2-0 at the 40-minute mark after a beautiful switch-ball by Jeff Rogers broke the AFC offside-trap and led to a two-on-nothing. Reyhan Ismail calmly passed to Fabio Confeiteiro for an easy finish. 2-0 Sapp.

In the second half, Sapp continued their solid play and scored twice on goals by Rob Sing and Fabio again. All in all a solid performance by Sapp, although it did appear that AFC had a slightly depleted squad. I'm not sure if they were missing guys or not, but they were definitely not the same team that we faced last year.

On a side note, Sapp's CAT team smoked AFC's something like 27-1. It was 8-0 at half. It's ridiculous that some of the CAT teams are so horrendous. How do you develop young players when they're playing against 3rd-division level opponents 75% of the time?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Indo 0

indo applied pressure for the first 15-20. we adapted to the pace and became a fairly even match. a nice finish about the 65 minute mark put us up and we defended well from that point on and indo appeared frustrated. couple missed opportunities to put them away would have made life easier. nice showing by some new young ubc lads along with the veteran legs. i can't actually feel mine at the moment. on to mf at the old stomping grounds at mundy.

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 0 Fireman 0

What was supposed to be a 3 o'clock start time at Town Center or now the Percy Perry Stadium turned into a delayed start at one of the outside grass fields of the stadium. Some high school football game was still in the
2nd quarter when we were supposed to be warming up. Turned out nicely for us becasue grass always beats turf. The game started out well with both teams having their chances. Niall in particular was very dangerous for our backline and was causing trouble with every header. He injured himself halfway through the half and in my opinion they lost that ball winning ability up front. The rest of the game was pretty evenly matched with both teams trading chances. Late in the game Inter started to press for the equalizer and missed two very good chances inside in the box. Pretty straightforward game, not a lot of rough stuff and no cards from what I remember. The tie was a fair result however and leaves us still searching for our first win, hovering around relegation zone!

Next week Sapperton...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Indo 0

indo applied pressure for the first 15-20. we adapted to the pace and became a fairly even match. a nice finish about the 65 minute mark put us up and we defended well from that point on and indo appeared frustrated. couple missed opportunities to put them away would have made life easier. nice showing by some new young ubc lads along with the veteran legs. i can't actually feel mine at the moment. on to mf at the old stomping grounds at mundy.

Westside outworked our team and deserved to win the game. It's a shame we didn't put the same effort as we did against Croatia.......With that sort of effort, it is going to be a long season, but I'm confident we can bounce back. Congratulations, Westside, on the well deserved victory.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 4 AFC 0

Sapperton came out of the gates quickly with several early chances, including a goalpost at the 10 minute mark. AFC weathered the early storm well and had a free header from the 12-yard line off an excellent cross that almost gave them the lead, but went wide. At about the 25-minute mark, AFC's keeper, who played very well on the day, lost control of the ball while dribbling in his own 18 and gifted Ted Ullrich with a freebie from 15-yards out. 1-0 Sapperton.

From that point on, Sapp took over the game and made it 2-0 at the 40-minute mark after a beautiful switch-ball by Jeff Rogers broke the AFC offside-trap and led to a two-on-nothing. Reyhan Ismail calmly passed to Fabio Confeiteiro for an easy finish. 2-0 Sapp.

In the second half, Sapp continued their solid play and scored twice on goals by Rob Sing and Fabio again. All in all a solid performance by Sapp, although it did appear that AFC had a slightly depleted squad. I'm not sure if they were missing guys or not, but they were definitely not the same team that we faced last year.

On a side note, Sapp's CAT team smoked AFC's something like 27-1. It was 8-0 at half. It's ridiculous that some of the CAT teams are so horrendous. How do you develop young players when they're playing against 3rd-division level opponents 75% of the time?

CAT is the right name for this Azzi inspired ruination of the VMSL.

CATSHITe would be more like it.

Why would CAT be any good? There is nothing for a player to play for there. Soccer guys play to win cups and it is exciting for teams even if they are trying to play to stay up and avoid relegation.

I think CAT has watered down the talent level in the VMSL as a lot of good players simply moved to other leagues or aren't playing any more.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what game KNVB saw to suggest that Surrey should have won 6-3. Ollie actually had 4 but one was called back on a poor officiating call. After watching Croatia today it looks like I'm ordering up my season tickets again this year to watch them. They were exciting to watch and they were also missing 3 starters from the line up that I could think of off hand!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - Norvan 1

I wouldn't necessarily say that this told the story of the match today. Norvan came out strong for the first 15, keeping possession and unlucky not to get anything off their Sporting opponents. First goal, however, came off a poor Norvan turnover in their own third, which eventually led to a cross to Dormer who did well to convert it nicely into the far corner. Norvan persevered and continued their game, attacking the Sporting defense. Goal came through Burgon, which resulted from Norvan pressure on an odd cross that Brum pushed wide, which landed right to Burgon who placed it into the open goal on a tight angle.

From that point forward it was fairly evenly matched with Sporting gaining some of the play, starting to hold Norvan and attack the flanks. Second goal came off a corner kick with Gomes getting a free header to #11 (what's his name? - good player up front) who headed it into an open goal.

Second half saw Sporting fall back and defend, focussing on the counter attack, which I thought they did quite well. Norvan still had several chances at goal with Wilton heading it off the crossbar, Burgon missing a breakaway attempt, and Burgon again placing a close attempt well wide of the near post. Sporting put on the pressure at times through the half, and in turn were award several corner kicks for the squad. Not too many good Sporting chances on goal - closest attempt came at long range from Kashvia from ~25 yards from the right. Third goal came off a free kick which went straight to the Norvan keeper who somehow directed into his own goal -definitely a gift for the Sporting visitors.

All in all a good match, but I do feel that Norvan was unlucky not to convert on their chances; however, Sporting did well to capitalize on Norvan's defensive blunders. I think that the Gomes brothers performed well on the day, and probably made the difference in the match, winning many balls to break down the Norvan attack.

I think it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if that third goal never happened - I'm sure that some onlookers must have felt it was the nail in the coffin for us. I felt we still held on to the ball and tried to play rather than resort to a desperate kick-and-run style game. Not a bad performance for the North Van side, but definitely much to improve on at this early stage of the season.

Seds

Try to keep up these detailed synopsis every week. ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Surrey U in Trouble?

Just talked to my buddy at the Surrey Times sports department. Rumour has it grumblings not only in the dressing room, but in the higher up offices, and Foden about to resign as President over the club, leaving the senior men's program to Mike Cain. Cainey apparently wants Miller out, Regs in, U21s out, and the BRM (over 35s FYI) to bail out the Prem team.

You should all just relax and remember it's just 2 games. After 3 games, we'll then there's an issue!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 4 - AFC 0

Congratulations to new head coach, MIKE FAVARO, for his 1st victory at the helm of Sapperton.

WAB "officially" resigned this off season, leaving with an impressive record with many many wins, many ties, and many many many loses.

Now I am just an unbiased observer at Sapp games.............:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what game KNVB saw to suggest that Surrey should have won 6-3. Ollie actually had 4 but one was called back on a poor officiating call. After watching Croatia today it looks like I'm ordering up my season tickets again this year to watch them. They were exciting to watch and they were also missing 3 starters from the line up that I could think of off hand!
It's not like a Croatian fan to only see a game one way is it? Ignoring for a moment the three wonderful saves Didar made (1 in the first and two in the second) did you forget about the two shots missed from inside 12 and the three completely wide open headers that failed to hit wide open nets?

As for Ollie's "4th" the play was offside, everyone stopped and he put the ball into the open net after the whistle. I put at least 2 in during warm up should those count too? 4 indeed.

Good character builder this start is. Croatia looked good in spells though.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob said:
WAB "officially" resigned this off season, leaving with an impressive record with many many wins, many ties, and many many many loses.

WAB, not for longer:

Surrey United, AFC, ICSF Inter, the Women National team,Indo(I still do not understand how Captain....errr Alikira... ended up coaching that team when he likes NUGGETS and I don't see any Indo's player with big nuggets, maybe I have to give a close look...at least Billy got an implant :D), may soon be looking for a NEW COACH.

So do not give up yet

Mr. Rempa

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, not for longer:

Surrey United, AFC, ICSF Inter, the Women National team,Indo(I still do not understand how Captain....errr Alikira... ended up coaching that team when he likes NUGGETS and I don't see any Indo's player with big nuggets, maybe I have to give a close look...at least Billy got an implant :D), may soon be looking for a NEW COACH.

So do not give up yet

Mr. Rempa

Why would anyone think that Indo...errr....Sikh Temple...... are under achieving????... this is what you would expect from a team that got relegated last year.....

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC "A" Delta Metro Blaze Ambleside "D" Turf Sun/ 8.00pm

Whew! I was wondering what I was going to do Sunday night! Crisis avoided...
:rolleyes:

nicegametime

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We submitted our game times to Ruben many many moons ago, and he booked two of our club teams at the same time on the same field on the same night, Friday at 730 PM:confused:.

And then he asked us to fix it for him this week.

The only other available time on the weekend was 8 on Sunday.

So, you will now have to tape Trailer Park Boys, sorry.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would anyone think that Indo...errr....Sikh Temple...... are under achieving????... this is what you would expect from a team that got relegated last year.....

Mr. Rempa,

Nice one. :) It is all my fault. I will continue to try and do better for you.

Reportz,

Good observation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0