Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Restructuring

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Briliant now that is a piss taking fecking talk to oranje he needs help on his piss takings. He is just not at the premier level. lol

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree CAT is a shambles.....but if you scrap the CAT division - be prepared to lose some provincial spots....something to do with A forms. A certain amount is needed to justify our 8 spots. At least that is what i have been told.

This may be true but your league will be better if they restore it to what it once was - a competitive league with promotion and relegation battles! This is no feeder league just Willi's dream of a club system which doesn't work anyways as players from the CAT team must be signed to the Premier to be brought up to play in Cup play.

The VMSL is losing so many decent players to other leagues now. Making it competitive soccer again might make the league more attractive again and bring in better players.

I coached in CAT and it sucked. Nothing to play for and no chance for a cup run in the Imperial as the best players have to be on the Premier forms and thus ineligible. It was great in the days when a Div 2 team could go on a run and get deep into the Imperial. It used to a mini-FA Cup.

Teams fighting to avoid relegation if serious teams make for interesting games and CAT has none of that.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with reccos. i played in the fvsl for ten years and saw how much it improved the entire league when they scrapped the cat div. and playing a year of essentially exhibition games is a waste of time. teams can use lower divisions and u-21 for feeder teams, which will make all the divisions stronger and more competitive.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was told my our manager that there is some sort of meeting tonight to decide what is happening with the restructure of the league for next season. I really hope that they don't screw us (Serbia) out of a spot in premier :confused:...

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the mtg?
Re-structuring is good for the league as a whole, but not for premier (14 is a couple too many). Most players/teams are not in the premier, but lets be honest, the premier reflects our league. I do not play premier, but they reflect and represent our league more so than any other div/teams.

Going by whats happened over the last month or so, I won't be surprised by what happens tonite. If they do go to 14, which is probably the fairest thing to do, I say have a single premier div-no A or B, start in Aug or schedule a couple games during the week (26 games) and relegate 4 at the end. The 5th from the bottom plays the Div.1 winner to see who's in premier. This is only for the upcoming year and hopefully after that it will be sorted out by having 10 teams in the top flight, 10 in Div.1, and whatever else after that. May sound far fetched, but I think what the VMSL is about to do will be good for the divisions below premier and they should be thinking of a plan to get back to 10 teams in premier asap.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Shriner although the only thing I would change is have 12 teams in each division. It worked great in Premier this year with lots of competition and because of turf fields, very few games are cancelled nowadays so 22 games is perfect.

I do believe the teams coming up from div 1 will have a tough go next year. Premier became stronger and I think div 1 and 2 will be stronger once they get rid of the "A" and "B" sides. Have 4 or 5 divisions with less teams in each and the caliber of play within each division will be improved.

My 2 cents.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If for 2011-2012 the VMSL decides to join (or if they are allowed to:D) the BCPL, then you have to go with 10 because you'd be losing 4 top flight teams. I just hope they do whats good for the league.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Shriner although the only thing I would change is have 12 teams in each division. It worked great in Premier this year with lots of competition and because of turf fields, very few games are cancelled nowadays so 22 games is perfect.

Unfortunately there are some teams that refuse to play home games on turf. (cost issues?)

Unless that changes the league will not consider having 12 teams in div 1 and a 22 game season.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner, agree partially. Keep Premier 12 team division. I think 21 games is perfect. Thus, if you go with 14 teams, relegate 3 and bring up one. ANY team that wins its Division should automatically be moving to a higher division. I do not believe that they should be playing let's say 4th bottom Premier team. That's STUPID. If you win your Division, you deserve to be going up. Your team earned it. Simple as that..

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The result of the meeting...

Azzi said:
Following the decision by the Premier Division teams not to enter the BC Premier League, the VMSL Board of Directors has determined that the Premier Division for the 2010-2011 season will comprise 14 teams. The balance of the Restructuring Proposal that was passed at the 2009 AGM will remain unchanged.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0