Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - ND 1

Sapp had 90% of the play and a zillion chances including 3 one-on-ones with the goalie in the 1st 20 min. Paul Favs in the 10th min off a Ted Ullrich cross. ND had 1 shot on goal in the 55th min - a looper over Breure from the goalie's punt and a WAB fcuk up on the header back to Breure.
It was shaping up to be a typical Sapp senario but Ryan McNabb scored a cracker from 18 out into the top corner with 15 to go. Colin Phillips with the 3rd two min from time off a rebound.
ND played hard and have a good keeper, but it should have been 6-1 but, as usual, Sapp couldn't find the back of the net.

johndeere7

Apr 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
last i heard it was 4-0 with 10 left in the first half for vantreights.
that 8-1 call on the talk show doen't look to far off now does it.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
just left Croatia vs GH game...10 mins left...Croatia 3-GH 1

Slow game...until second half...Croatia was down a guy (red card, the right call)...which gave GH more of the ball....Croatia looked a little flat but definitely couter well.

The better side won (was winning, and should end 4-1)

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from the GH - Croatia game. 4 -1 Final for Croatia. Croatia opened the scoring early with a well struck free kick. About 10 minutes before half Croatia went a man down on a retaliation incident. Ref had to give the card. It happened right in front of him. No complaints made by Croatia. Second half GH scores on a well placed shot from the left side of the box. Over the keeper top corner. Croatia scored to put them up 2 -1. Minutes after GH had a sitter within the six, all that had to be done was a side foot to the right of the keeper, he tried to hammer it, needless to say, right at the keeper. GH was somewhat pushing but didn't look dangerous and Croatia scored two more. Croatia looked like they could play, they played very well and organized. GH didn't look convincing at all. I guess the force to be reckoned with is no longer reckoning.
As for Vantrieghts - PAU. Vantrieghts were victorious 4 -2 which means an Island quarter final next weekend. Gorge home game so it will definatley be played at Hampton not at RAP.
What happened in the other games?

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deere... Where did you hear that? You seem set on the game being played at RAP. I know the semis will be played at RAP for sure, those have been set, but the quarters are usually at the home teams park. From what I have heard it is at Hampton. I guess we will just have to see. Gay hustlers huh.... thats a good one, very creative. If the definition of gay hustlers is winning the league and Jackson cup champs I guess you are correct. Very stereotypical towards gay people deere.... but back to soccer. I think gorge has a very high work rate as well as many other teams including vantrieghts it should be a definate battle next weekend. It will be a great game to watch thats for sure.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey johndeere7....I think you may be confused, the semis are ar RAP. Gorge have home field call for the next game. As far as we know.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey I guess the peace arch guy was right...the Treits are heaidng home pissed on the "retard bus". I didn't see the game...but 3 bagel at half sure sounds like a thumping from a bunch of retards?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trieghts were up 4-0 at the half when I moved over to the Slurrey/Langley match... final was 4-2 Vantrieghts. Surprised they let PAU back into which says to me they will not be a factor in the end :eek:

Thomo with the lone goal vs Langley. Pretty even game really but Langley didn't really look like they would've potted one if the game went 3 hours.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - Vantrieghts 4

Can't say much about Van at this time because PAU was shocking. Van might as well been playing a U17 girls team. PAU's D was tragic and the goalie was worse than that. 4-2 is very, very, very, very,very flatering to PAU for I think Van felt sorry for PAU at half. I know I did.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Langley 0

Regs was spot on with his take on the game. A hard fought battle, but after Langley missed a couple of chances in the 1st half, they didn't get a sniff after that. Langley was never going to score after the SU goal and everyone at the park knew it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clanbus 4 - Chilliwack 0

Yes, I saw this game as well. That was the worst performance by Chilli I have ever seen. But Clanbus looked really good and composed all game. 2 - buzz very early, 2 more in the 2nd half. A natural hatty for King (3rd one a peno) and a nice free kick for the forth. A real easy outing for Clan.
Big melee near the end of the game, but the ref handled it perfectly. Some refs would have gotten excited and thrown around 3 reds, but only 1 yellow was given and things calmed right down.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me be the first to say I'm shocked at the result... not so much Clanbus won but 4-0?!?!

Big all WOP quarterfinal next week... early prediction: Inter avenges the Imperial Cup loss and meets WAB and the rest of the Sapp boys in one of the Semis...

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That TODD guy seems like he is on one hell of an acid trip or something. At least most of the guys on here have soccer knowledge and stir the pot sensibly...he makes no sense whatsoever.
Quarterfinal time.....let's look ahead and get some predictions.
I know the battle on the island will be a great game to watch (as long as a Vancouver ref does the game).. the more I play over here...the more I see the Vancouver guys view of our refs... less than AVG. Vantreights and Gorge haven't played each other for a couple months and have new looks to them. Hopefully they both bring their best games....fun times.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Valley League?

All 4 are gonzo by a combined 12 - 3 score. So please, all you FVSL posters, don't even suggest the Valley has made any gains the last few years.

Valley 4 vs Vanc 5 would have been a HUGE upset.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Gorge over VanTrieghts 2-1 in PKs
Surrey over Firemen 2-1
Clanbus over Inter 3-2 in PKs
Sapp over Croatia 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online